“Amazing food, service, and experience”

Kobe Beef Kaiseki 511
Ranked #1 of 472 Restaurants in Akasaka
Price range: US$47 - US$195
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Akasaka, Roppongi
Description: Winter Vacation : 12/29(Mon)~1/4(Sun) Sunday and National holiday are closed.
Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

My boyfriend and I had dinner here a couple nights ago. As soon as we walked in, we were greeted by the staff. They thanked us for coming and guided us to our seats. The atmosphere is lovely.
Everyone speaks very fluent English and the waiter was able to explain the different menus and dishes to us in great detail.
We had the Complete Kobe Beef Course which is more of a Japanese style course with the A5 12 sirloin. The beef was exquisite! In fact every single dish that came out was so unique and so delicious.
I seriously don’t know what else to say, it was just an amazing dining experience for both my boyfriend and I.
Thank you to the lovely waiter and waitress who served us and explained all the dishes to us. Thank you to the chef for the lovely meal!
I will definitely revisit when I return to Tokyo.

2  Thank jen1004

Reviewed April 10, 2018 via mobile

Found this place on the internet about 15min before we actually went there. No reservations and they seemed to be busy but within 20min they got us a table for 4. It was late because we had just arrived in Tokyo but we were able to get the tasting menu anyway and it was divine!!! The waiter explained where each cut came from for each course. Everything was perfectly cooked and seasoned...so perfect we wanted to come back the next day. Even our kids loved their hamburger meals (no bun only amazingly tender beef & rice) and they begged us for the next 3 nights to go back. If you are in the area this is a great place for dinner!

Reviewed April 9, 2018 via mobile

Terrific dinner with impeccable service. We selected the Western style Kobe Steak dinner which was served with appetizer, soup, bread and dinner roll, choice of sirloin or filet Mignon, offered with multiple sizes, along with dessert.
The service exceeds the best steak house anywhere. What a rare fine.
This location is in the basement of a building with no elevator, so it is not suitable for handicap customers.

Reviewed April 8, 2018

Our guide recommended this place because of the quality and they speak English. It is very upscale but jeans are acceptable. They were very accomodating to some reservation changes and welcoming upon our arrival. The staff took time to explain the menu and how the courses worked. If you are looking for a large steak dinner this is NOT the place. The servings are smaller, but the quality of the food is outstanding. I had the Japanese tasting menu and my husband and kids had the Western style. There were about 6-8 tastings in each menu and each one was excellent. We really wanted to try Kobe beef and were not disappointed. It literally melts in your mouth and I loved having it in different styles. We were all full even with smaller servings. Please be prepared for a larger bill. You are coming here to experience Kobe beef! The staff was so helpful really taking the time to present and explain each course. We traveled with a 14 and 16 year old and they too loved it.

Reviewed April 3, 2018 via mobile

Beef raising seems to be an art in Japan! The restaurant is tucked away in a quiet lane and it was a pleasant surprise to see that their cherry blossom tree was still in bloom after others had shed their flowers! Some of us chose the Kaiseki set menu and some a la carte. In the set menu, you can choose to upgrade from A11 to A 12 Kobe beef. I think it’s worth the additional expense if you like heavily marbled meat. The beef sushi was excellent, as was the tempura and the dumpling. The service was good though slow, and ambience was nice too. At almost 20000 yen per head with barely one drink each, I found it a tad overpriced. But a good experience.