All reviews enjoyed my stay train bath station budget sharing
Reviewed February 25, 2013

Our stay at the Chiyoda Inn far exceeded our expectations.

The place is warm, immaculately clean and well taken care of, and our room was furnished in traditional Japanese style with Tatami mats and very comfortable futons. All the public spaces were well designed, comfortable, and extremely well maintained including the computer/lobby area, and the shared bathrooms complete with lovely toiletries.

The service as well was top notch as the manager and staff went out of their way to make our stay as comfortable as possible including: allowing us to leave our luggage with them for 3 weeks while we were in the Philippines, handwritten welcome and departure letters in our native tongue, and excellent sightseeing recommendations.

The icing on the cake was the close proximity to both the JR and subway lines, several local eateries, and a seven eleven right around the corner. We would highly recommend this guesthouse to fellow travelers who are looking for both an affordable and traditional option in Tokyo.

Date of stay: November 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank globetrotter1113
Reviewed February 17, 2013

We loved staying at the Chiyoda Inn and would definitely go back. We selected it for the reasonable price, but it over-delivered by being such an immaculate, traditional, friendly and warm place to land each night. Innkeeper and staff were lovely and very helpful, and the location is very close and convenient to the Minami-Senju train station. Print out the directions on their website before you land - the pictures really help! Shared bathrooms were no problem. Very clean and always available when we wanted them. We loved sleeping on the comfortable futons/tatami floors, and appreciated the large cold water bottle each day. The Japanese bath (you have to make a reservation to use it) is a wonderful experience, highly recommended.

Date of stay: January 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 2, 2013

Chiyoda Inn was in a fantastic location in Tokyo, I would definitely recommend.
I stayed only one night and would like to have stayed longer.
The room sized were larger than most the places I stayed and it was close by the JR station. The guesthouse was exceptionally clean and the shared showers also immaculate. It even has a shared Japanese style bathhouse if you would like to experience.
A little tricky to find as in a small alley street and train noise late at night but a peaceful sleep and a truly fabulous find. A must stay!!

Date of stay: December 2012
Reviewed September 22, 2012

I stayed there for 2 nights in a single Japanese room. Booked through Agoda for about 4300 yen/night (I think) and I got a nice and cold 2L bottle of water each day. It is a lovely guesthouse, tastefully refurbished to a high standard. My room was decently sized and very very clean. There's a basin in the room which was convenient. The shared bathrooms and toilets were spotlessly clean. It is very close to the JR Minamisenju station (great if you have a JR pass and want to save on subway fares) but that also means a lot of train noise during the day (from early morning to late evening) - it wasn't an issue for me because I was out all day anyway, but if you're planning on staying in the room during the day then it might be too noisy for you. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Will stay again without hesitation.

Date of stay: September 2012
4  Thank karma_police28
御宿ちよだ, マネージャー at Chiyoda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded September 23, 2012

Thank you for your stayning and posting a review.
It's our pleasure.
Honestly the noise of the train is our most complain thing from our guests so far.
So we don't want to hide the information before you come.
Tokyo citizens and metropolitan people might not care the noise.
There is nothing noize except the sounds of trains.
So someone care,but someone no care.
Well, we think you take our Japanese bath (reservation) before go to the bed, it's easily to sleep well.
Thank you very much again. we are looking forward to see you again someday.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Chiyoda Inn is the best location I could choose in Tokyo.

I am an italian 27 years old girl and I was travelling alone.

I stayed for 1 week in this guesthouse and it had all I wanted and needed:

- a clean, appealing, simple and traditional environment. The rooms are tiny and simply lovely, they have all you can need (mine also had a mini fridge and internet was fast, wifi and free); I received a welcoming card adressed to me written by hands in my language and a very nice bath set. The guesthouse environment is traditional with a modern and artistic touch, simple and fine. ;
- a welcoming friendly staff (the owner is an AMAZING person and he makes his job a passion), that often gave me very fine and out-of-the-path suggestions on turistic sites and restaurants;
- good prices and honesty;
- fast and clear answers to my emails, providing me directions for the arrival and many infos. All - the informations I asked before arrival were answered immediately, with additional details such as maps, videos, links, explanations, etc.;
- a great traditional japanese bath experience;
- close to the metro station and convenience stores.

I will come back for sure and suggest this place to everyone.

Date of stay: February 2012