“A Superb Dining Experience!”

and 1 more site!
Deddington Arms Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Deddington
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We decided to give the picturesque Deddington Arms a try for dinner last week.
My partner and I took my nephew for a meal as it was his last day before he moved back to Birmingham to focus on the final year of his degree.

We expected a good meal - but not such a high quality 'gourmet' experience!

My nephew said the mussels were 'very fresh' and 'really excellent'. My partner loved her soup and duck. I had a very tasty mushroom starter and their superb crispy pulled pork - one of the best means I've had anywhere!

We'll definitely be back soon! :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 August 2017

Food was really good but lack of attention by restaurant staff gave the impression of a lack of training. For example a member of our party had to collect the cutlery for our starters and also having to get our own drinks from the bar.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We believe that having the chance to choose one's own cutlery is a very special part of the dining experience much appreciated by many customers. Some also insist on helping with the washing-up which again enhances the interactive ambitions of many in today's digital world.

(Thanks for the kind words re the food and we'll check out the glitches)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights in August and was not dissapointed the location was an excellent base for travelling around the Cotswolds. The room was very comfortable and had bath shower, tea and coffee making facilities, everything was clean. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful with pastries and cereals and a excellent choice from the cooked menu.
The staff are excellent and very attentive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Four of us booked the Travelzoo deal set menu. I ordered the goats' cheese and sundried tomato taglietelle followed by banoffie with banana ice-cream. My husband ordered the cod dish and apricot and almond tart with ice-cream. Our companions ordered steaks , bread and butter pud. and creme brulee. All the dishes were delicious and a good healthy portion.

The manager is chatty , welcoming and efficient and the staff were unobtrusive and did their job well.

The hotel has been modernised [ downstairs is all I saw ] which makes the surroundings pleasant. I wish my hanging baskets and planters were as stunning as theirs.

Would that we lived nearer but we will hopefully re-visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch were a party of 4 adults and 4 children. Easily accommodated for without any prior booking. Great menu selection and reasonable prices. 3 of us had the baguettes which were very satisfying with shared 'fries' which were great. My partner had the pizza which he said was great and the kids all shared an adults pizza which got completely demolished. Colouring books and crayons given to the children to keep them entertained. Great little children's menu available. Highly recommend. Lovely inviting staff. Not local to me but would happily go there for lunch again if passing. Plenty of parking at a rear private car park.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 August 2017

Stayed one night in the hotel, to attend a local event.
Check in was in the bar, all very easy, lots of parking close to the room, and as rooms in a separate block, no issues in coming or going late.

Paid £87 for a decent double, small telly, tea and coffee in room etc.

Very handy for Blenheim Palace etc.

Only issues related to the temperature in the room, very hot, but a fan was provided. We were up at 8.30, but by then there was not much hot water left which was a pain. There was a large party staying so it may just have been them all wanting to be out at the same time.

Breakfast was good, served in restaurant. Would stay again

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark W
Reviewed 7 August 2017

We had a great 3 night stay in Deddington, and the hotel was a big part of that. Very welcoming staff... lovely annexe style room with a walk across the court yard... great food at the hotel too.

We ate at the restaurant the first eve. I tried Trout for the first time. Everything was delicious. We had a cheese board and port too. Yummy.

Breakfast was fab all three mornings... I like it when you order a hot choice, as it is fresh and made to order. The choice was vast too: I had eggs royale, full English and pancakes over the 3 days.

Room was clean and spacious. One of our lights wasn't working, but to be fair, we didn't report it as we felt we didn't need it. Teas and coffees were replenished each day... TV and a huge bed. Great!

Only two little gripes. One was as we were checking out, we were charged a lunch and drinks that we didn't have. The receptionist didn't quibble this at all... but it stemmed from the fact that you verbally give your room number at the restaurant! Surely, there's a better system! They didn't seem shocked... it seems that must happen all the time.

The other issue was on our last night. We wanted to eat at a local restaurant, not realising it wasn't open on a Sunday. So, we returned to the hotel to ask if they could "squeeze" us in. They said they could, as long as we didn't mind sitting in the middle. I thought it was an odd thing to say, but we sat down anyway.

We were given a set menu, an art leaflet and a bread roll. No explanation as to why. We then clicked that we were in the middle of a fancy art exhibition! We got up to leave, just as a woman starting speaking into a mic. Being in the middle, meant we had to walk out in front of everyone. It was hugely embarrassing. And I still can't fathom why the waiter...or waitress, who seated us and brought us menus, would fail to mention that huge detail!

Still a great stay overall, and would return. But I'd keep my eye out for art exhibitions being advertised!

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank SmileySammy1985
Also consider these accommodations in or near Deddington
5 km away
8.3 km away
Easington House
Easington House
#8 of 10 in Banbury

Been to Deddington Arms Hotel? Share your experiences!