Deddington Arms Hotel
Red Lion Hotel(Adderbury)
US$108
US$92
Middle Aston House(Oxford)(Great Value!)
US$99
US$134
US$105
US$51
Travelodge
All reviewsblenheim palacetravelzoo dealmarket menubletchley parkmain buildingpremium roomevening mealboth nightsshort breaklovely villagelog fireunderfloor heatingoxfordshire villagelocal attractionsfree ticketstrouser presslovely food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 September 2017

We decided to give the picturesque Deddington Arms a try for dinner last week.
My partner and I took my nephew for a meal as it was his last day before he moved back to Birmingham to focus on the final year of his degree.

We expected a good meal - but not such a high quality 'gourmet' experience!

My nephew said the mussels were 'very fresh' and 'really excellent'. My partner loved her soup and duck. I had a very tasty mushroom starter and their superb crispy pulled pork - one of the best means I've had anywhere!

We'll definitely be back soon! :)

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 August 2017

Food was really good but lack of attention by restaurant staff gave the impression of a lack of training. For example a member of our party had to collect the cutlery for our starters and also having to get our own drinks from the bar.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family
Nigel O, Owner at Deddington Arms Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 September 2017

We believe that having the chance to choose one's own cutlery is a very special part of the dining experience much appreciated by many customers. Some also insist on helping with the washing-up which again enhances the interactive ambitions of many in today's digital world.

(Thanks for the kind words re the food and we'll check out the glitches)

Reviewed 27 August 2017

Stayed here for 2 nights in August and was not dissapointed the location was an excellent base for travelling around the Cotswolds. The room was very comfortable and had bath shower, tea and coffee making facilities, everything was clean. Breakfast was excellent and plentiful with pastries and cereals and a excellent choice from the cooked menu.
The staff are excellent and very attentive.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 August 2017

Four of us booked the Travelzoo deal set menu. I ordered the goats' cheese and sundried tomato taglietelle followed by banoffie with banana ice-cream. My husband ordered the cod dish and apricot and almond tart with ice-cream. Our companions ordered steaks , bread and butter pud. and creme brulee. All the dishes were delicious and a good healthy portion.

The manager is chatty , welcoming and efficient and the staff were unobtrusive and did their job well.

The hotel has been modernised [ downstairs is all I saw ] which makes the surroundings pleasant. I wish my hanging baskets and planters were as stunning as theirs.

Would that we lived nearer but we will hopefully re-visit.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

Stopped for lunch were a party of 4 adults and 4 children. Easily accommodated for without any prior booking. Great menu selection and reasonable prices. 3 of us had the baguettes which were very satisfying with shared 'fries' which were great. My partner had the pizza which he said was great and the kids all shared an adults pizza which got completely demolished. Colouring books and crayons given to the children to keep them entertained. Great little children's menu available. Highly recommend. Lovely inviting staff. Not local to me but would happily go there for lunch again if passing. Plenty of parking at a rear private car park.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family