The bed was the most comfy & cosy kingsize bed, made up with beautiful duvet & pillows, with pure cotton linen. We had the best 4 nights’ sleep in ages! We stayed in the very spacious Hardy Room, but we also peeked in at a few other rooms that Lisa had prepared ready for arriving guests that afternoon... All beautifully decorated & furnished. Our room was spotlessly clean and had wonderful hillside views with two comfy armchairs in the big bay window to sit and relax. The en-suite was very modern and fully tiled, with lovely complimentary toiletries by Neals Yard - organic. In fact, we think that they had thought of everything. …and some lovely little details that you just don’t expect!
Breakfast offered a wonderful selection of local and organic produce. The organic coffee was smooth, Lisa’s homemade toast (choice of breads), was accompanied with organic jam & marmalade with REAL butter yummy. Full English Breakfast cooked superbly by Clive, and then some berries with organic yoghurt to finish. All whilst enjoying beautiful hillside views! What a way to start the day.
Right from the first phone call we found Lisa & Clive to be such easy-going and friendly hosts. They were happy to spend time talking about all the coastal walks and places to visit…and the room has lovely little details that you just don’t expect!
A 5 minute walk will take you to the Cove. Then walks in both directions from Bindon Bottom are magnificent – west takes you to Durdle Door & beyond, towards Osmington Mills, whilst east offers walks across the Lulworth Ranges taking you past Fossil Forrest, Mupe Bay and towards Kimmeridge. All breathtaking... Take good walking shoes!
We stayed in November, but we’re already getting our dates together to return this summer.. If they aren’t already booked up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Lisa and Clive welcome you to Bindon Bottom. This charming Victorian country house built of Purbeck and local stone is our home, nestled into the bottom of Bindon Hill in the quintessential English village of West Lulworth, Dorset. We have five guest rooms at Bindon Bottom: Four double rooms and one twin room. We feel sure you'll have a very relaxing and comfortable stay with us. Because of our perfect location and our relaxed atmosphere, many guests settle into Bindon Bottom as their base to discover the magnificent World Heritage Jurassic Coast as well as the beautiful Dorset Countryside and the Isle of Purbeck. Each guest room offers: * An extremely comfortable bed made up with Organic & Pure Cotton bed linen, luxury duvets and divine pillows * Flat screen TV, with 'Free Sat' Channels & DVD player ~ And we have a new DVD Library. * Wi Fi Internet Access * A hospitality tray brimming with Organic/Fair Trade tea & herbal teas, coffee, hot chocolate, decaf tea & coffee, filtered bottled water, fresh local milk and a jar of local biscuits & snacks. * Fluffy Fair Trade/Organic cotton towels * Luxury Fair Trade/Organic bathrobes * Eco Hair dryer * A wind-up Eco Torch to get you to the pub and back in the dark (there are no street lights in the village) * Organic luxury toiletries including hand wash, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel/bath foam & lots more... * The Official Jurassic Coast Information & Guide Books * A guest folder filled with useful information and ideas on where to eat and what to do... ... more less
- Also Known As:
- Bindon Bottom Bed And Breakfast
- Bindon Bottom Hotel West Lulworth
- Bindon Bottom B&B West Lulworth, Dorset, England