“My favourite place in the world”

Lulworth Cove and Durdle Door
Book In Advance
More Info
US$123.51*
and up
Portland and Jurassic Coast Day Trip from Dorset...
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I have had the privilege of visiting Lulworth Cove every year since I was a child, staying in a neighbours cottage in West Lulworth, it has so many memories and good times I cannot even begin to explain them all. The Cove is timeless and its natural beauty is special. There has been a lot of erosion over the years and now you are not allowed to climb down to Stair Hole, understandable but a shame. Great walks, amazing crabbing opportunities (check the tides) and just the best views which never change. The car park, what can you say, its always going to be busy even in off season, I hope they don't extend too far into the fields otherwise the cove will be just one big car park. I am now bringing my children back every year and providing them with memories as I have, even staying in the same cottage as I did as a child (Nut Cottage), shame they have stopped the car park space as this was very useful. I hope the Weld family don't get too greedy and turn Lulworth into a profit machine!!

1  Thank Parnos
Write a ReviewReviews (3,038)
All reviews
in 39 reviews
"ice cream"
in 127 reviews

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We parked at Lulworth Cove and walked up and over the cliffs, however this isn't an easy climb for everyone so the other option is to park at the top of the Durdle Door and head down. The views are incredible with bright white cliffs and blue seas, you can't quite believe where you are! We spent hours on the beach taking pictures and exploring the caves, and had a lovely coffee and sandwich in Finley's cafe on our way back. The parking system is easy, and £5 for 4 hours isn't bad for a fantastic day out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We stopped off first at Durdle Door. It's a bit of a way down to see Durdle Door and then get to the beach but it is well worth it, climbing back up wasn't easy for me though.

We then drove to Lulworth Cove (car parking ticket is for both car parks) and had a nice trail to the beach and water, we came back up the road to the car park which was much quicker.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We enjoyed a full day of fun at Lulworth cove and Durdle door over the Easter break. We started with brunch at the boat cafe in Lulworth Cove and then searched for fossils on the beach. We visited the visitor centre and learnt about the Jurassic period and then walked to Durdle door. We decided to do half the walk with our 4 year old and then drive the car from the Lulworth car park to the Durdle door car park. The parking tickets are valid in both, so it’s worth buying a ticket for 5/6 hours if you want to make a day of it. The kids loved playing on the beach, skimming stones and just messing around. Great views and lots of fun.

1  Thank Nick J