All reviews chester zoo travel lodge family room car park room was clean retail park travel cot busy road tesco express excellent value for money night's sleep good nights sleep reception staff great place to stay stayed here for one night enjoyed our stay perfect location
Reviewed September 11, 2018

This Travelodge was excellent value for money, excellent service, very clean and tidy. The staff made us feel very welcome and were very helpful. I would recommend this Travelodge to anyone.This Travelodge is well situated for all roads to Liverpool, Chester and North Wales as well as other areas.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 9, 2018

Visiting the area, a main part of staying in this Travelodge was its location in relation to Chester Zoo. Around five miles away it is the perfect location as well as being close to the Cheshire Oaks Designer Outlet and Bromborough Retail Park.

Situated on a junction on the M53, on first impression we though "Where on earth have we booked into?" The car park was full of road sweeping wagons with a run down converted house (now a Starbucks) in front of it and a garden centre to the right. This garden centre also seemed to have half or Eastern Europe living in caravans there.

The hotel is relatively small on two floors and basic. Like some Travelodge's this particular one doesn't have anywhere to get food other than a small selection of goods from the reception and a vending machine. This being said there is the Starbucks and plenty of food places roundabout.

The rooms were basic and a little short of space for a family of four, but comfortable for the time we would be spending in our room. The room lacked air conditioning but did have a fan to try and keep the temperature down. On our first night we had the window open for so long, but had to shut it due to the Eastern Europeans shouting on and a constant dog barking. Bar this we still had a pretty good nights sleep.

The second night we stayed it seemed quieter except for the dog but went with the option of keeping the window closed and fan on. Again we had a decent nights sleep.

In the technological age we are in, I think everywhere should have free wi-fi, here you get 30 minutes free or £3 a day. I have used both options before and the connection is generally very poor even though you are paying their premium for the service. At least at rivals Premier Inn, you get it for free all the time even if the connection there isn't brilliant either.

We only really saw two members of staff in our whole stay but they were very friendly and polite. Upon leaving we did make a comment about the dog and their neighbours to which we got what felt like a rehearsed "We've never had anyone comment on the dog next door before." This aside despite the appearance in our first impression of the place we did have a pleasant stay.

I know it is a budget hotel chain and around £30 a night cheaper than the next closest. It's appearance and neighbours nearby I can kind of see why, next time I'll pay the extra.

Date of stay: August 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 8, 2018 via mobile

I have just returned from The Wirral Eastham Travelodge with my wife, daughter and granddaughter.
It's was situated in a great location for visiting The Blue Planet Aqurian and Chester Zoo.
I meet the manager Denise when checking and said I'd had a grate stay.
On reception when i checked in it was a lady called Lesley also very helpful
We asked for a travel cot which we had forgotten to requested and it was brought straight to the room.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2018

Lovely accomadation staff really friendly and attentitive. Very knowledgeable of the area and helped with any question that needed answered. Rooms were clean and the beds comfy we really enjoyed our stay

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Travelodge
Reviewed September 3, 2018 via mobile

Clean, comfortable and although it’s near a busy road a very quiet hotel. Staff were very welcoming. Only down side is there is no bar or restaurant on site just a Starbucks. This pleased my wife but not me!!

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple