All reviews hot bread gamekeepers cottage bird seed pink cottage the cottages and freshly squeezed orange juice open fire game keepers romantic cottage bacon every morning looking forward to returning soon spa bath place to stay fresh towels worth every cent next morning
Reviewed January 1, 2016 via mobile

I was traveling in India and wanted to cancel my booking for a week if I could. Otherwise I would take the booking. I sent two messages to that effect to lisson grove through the contact me section of their website. I rang on my return to see if the week had been relet. The manager said it had not but that it was not available that night as the room had been trashed. I had to make alternative arrangements. The manager said she would call me but I had to call her. She said someone else was handling and she. Had not been able to contact them. She said she had not been able to contact them. I said I had to make other arrangements because the room had been trashed. They will not refund the $800 deposit. Very unhelpful will have to seek a legal resolution. Kerrie Craig

Date of stay: January 2016
3  Thank kcraig2018
Reviewed December 23, 2015

We stayed at Lisson Grove for two nights for a birthday/wedding anniversary/child free combined getaway. It was amazing. The moment you walk in, you are greeted so warmly and made to feel so welcome. Nick took the time to tell you about the local area, best places to eat and the best walks to do.

The cabin was so cute! We stayed at Baden Cottage, in my opinion, the best location on the property, right at the end and seemed very private. They had even decorated it for Christmas, which was a really nice touch. It was immaculately clean and everything was just as you would want it. The bed was super comfortable and the spa bath was huge and heavenly! Our phones didn’t work so that was an added bonus for us!

The breakfast platter was ample for the two nights. In the morning, Cheryl brings fresh baked bread (heaven) and freshly squeezed juice.

If you are looking for a relaxing, romantic getaway, you can not go wrong, this exceeded all our expectations. Thanks for a wonderful stay. We hope to be back soon.

Date of stay: December 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed November 14, 2015 via mobile

We spent a very nice 2 nights in one of the cottages. It is spacious and very calm.
Amenities are a mix between modern and country antique and we loved it!
Furthermore, we enjoyed to have our own spa in the bathroom.
The staff is more than lovely and always here to guide you and give the best addresses to go in Tamborine.
Dont hesitate, just go!

Date of stay: November 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_Castle_Tamborine, Manager at Lisson Grove, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2015

I am always so grateful when our guests take the time to post a review. Our entire team work very hard always with pleasure and pride to ensure that our guests have a wonderful escape. It is therefore a good thing to pass on to them your comments. It really makes such a difference for us all. So thank you.

Reviewed October 11, 2015 via mobile

Go out of your way to go to stay at Lisson grove - you won't be disappointed. The owners were so helpful and yet it was like staying in your own little private world. Amazing! We had the finest time- fireplace, movies, spa!! Thanks guys, we will be back when we get back from Paris

Date of stay: October 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_Castle_Tamborine, Owner at Lisson Grove, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2015

Thank you Lee. I take that as the best compliment - coming from such well travelled guests as yourselves. Enjoy your time in Paris.

Reviewed September 26, 2015

Had a wonderful time staying in "The Abbey" at Lisson Grove. Cheryl, the owner, was delightful and extremely friendly. The breakfast she provided was plentiful and even though we chose the self cooked option, it was easy to prepare in the galley kitchen. The food was fresh and the eggs were clearly free range. The cottages we saw (Cheryl was kind enough to show us 3 of them) were all cosy and extremely clean. We would definitely go back again.

Room tip: All rooms have privacy from each other. The place was almost full when we were there and we didn't see anyone else during that time.
Date of stay: July 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
The_Castle_Tamborine, Owner at Lisson Grove, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2015

Thanks ever so much for taking the time to write your review. Yes, we take pride in offering only the best produce for our guests. Where ever possible our gourmet breakfasts or the goodies in the breakfast hampers consist of local ingredients either from our own gardens or local growers. The difference in flavour and freshness is well worth it. Glad you enjoyed it.