Thornton Hall Hotel & Spa
Thornton Manor(Thornton Hough)(Great Value!)
US$149
US$54
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$83
Travelodge Bromborough Hotel(Bromborough)(Great Value!)
US$43
Travelodge
    Leverhulme Hotel & Spa(Port Sunlight)
    US$232
    US$225
    Savings alert! 48% below average rates

The price you found is 48% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$431/night.

Travelocity
    Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
    US$69
    Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
    US$61
    Riverhill Hotel(Birkenhead)
    US$110
    US$96
    Priceline
    1,521 results
    All reviewslawns restaurantsnow cavethe outdoor hot tubsteam roomthe main hotelthe penthousesnow roomafternoon teaevening mealgarden viewfrom start to finishtapasice cavewedding venuebirthday treatcar parkrelaxing break
    Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at Thornton Hall for a family wedding and everything was fabulous.
    The reception and food were excellent and the staff were all very welcoming.
    The room was lovely, the bed comfortable and a fan was provided as it was quite warm.
    Room service was excellent.
    The only negative was the bathroom which had several smashed tiles and the grouting around the bath area was black.
    Unfortunately we did not have time to use the spa but we would come back here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
    Reviewed May 24, 2012

My daughter booked the hotel for her wedding last sunday and it was a perfect day. It is a big and busy place and over the weekend there were 4 weddings but I have to sing the praises of the staff and the Hotel layout. At no time did we feel 'on a conveyor belt' or crowded. The food was wonderful and as a vegetarian I am usually disappointed by restaurant fare. The staff were always helpful, friendly, efficient, unobtrusive and available. I was even able to ask at reception for help pinning on my corsage.
    The facilities were perfect- the use of the spa,the Pavilion for the ceremony, the garden for photos and a gentle kickabout for the children. My bedroom was clean and airy, the tv in the bath was fun.
    The only suggestion I could make for improvement on the feedback form was for a better choice of teas and coffees in the rooms - a herb tea, green or redbush and a good ground coffee would be perfect, but that's not much of a criticism!

Room Tip: For the wedding we used the facilities in the main hotel for the reception which was a good choice. Rooms looking out onto the lawn are lighter and brighter.
    • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
    2  Thank sally h
    Reviewed May 20, 2012

I used this hotel for 14 delegates two weeks running. I booked rooms for everyone and as we were a fairly large group a private dinning room for each visit which was intimate and the food was great. I especially enjoyed the 'compliments of the chef' extras at the evening meal which that was a nice touch. I think some of the delegates would have prefered a more simple menu but the chef was more than happy to provide rustic chips etc. The rooms I had each time were different. One had a lovely 4 poster bed (was glad to have it to myself as I think it was only a small double) and the other room had a really wonderful bathroom with huge shower and a bath with tv at one end! Reception and staff were very helpful and managed well to accomodate all requests put to them and also with who was paying for what with such a large group. I would recommend this hotel for business or a short break away. Really impressed with the staff.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
    1  Thank MrandMrs007
    Reviewed May 6, 2012

Stayed here with ten other girls for a spa day for part of a hen party weekend. The hotel is very grand when you drive up. Very organised polite staff, very helpful, made your stay feel special. When we got changed for the spa treatments, you had to walk across the car park in your robe and flip flops!! Not the best look especially as there was a wedding going on and photographers everywhere!!! The pedicure was wonderful, the lady who did it was so nice can't remember her name but did a great job. We all relaxed in the hot tub with champagne in the afternoon and had lunch in the bistro which was very nice. The rooms were lovely!!! Beds extremely warm and comfy had a lovely nights sleep. We did have our evening meal at the restaurant to which I personally was quite disappointed. It was just not to my taste personally, but very quirky ingredients used, very small meals. I don't think I would eat there again, but everything else about the spa day was lovely. The staff couldn't have been nicer from reception, to waiters, they all made our day really special. Am planning a return visit with my partner in the near future, but will not eat in the restaurant again. However I'm sure other people would really enjoy the food it wasn't for me.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
    2  Thank catpee81
    Reviewed May 6, 2012

Lovely country hotel and a great base for the surrounding area with Liverpool,Chester and north wales all close by. We had a lovely, fairly large room, with a balcony overlooking the gardens the bathroom looked new with a tv, just make sure you leave plenty of time to fill bath as took about 15/20 min to half fill as it is quite a large d-bath.
    The spa was very good, would be great if the weather was sunny as a nice outside area with loungers and two large outdoor jacuzzi's overlooking the surrounding fields(and cows!!). Also looked to be a nice cafe/restaurant as part of spa with outdoor seating but didn't get chance to use it.
    Dined in the Lawns restaurant in the evening which was excellent and on a par if not better than some michelin restaurants we have eaten in and would highly recommend. Also liked the bar which was quite modern and again had nice views of the grounds.
    Overall one of the best spa hotels we've stayed in, especially for the price, can't wait to return.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple