Thornton Manor(Thornton Hough)(Great Value!)
US$149
  • Bar/Lounge
Savings alert! 54% below average rates

The price you found is 54% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$323/night.

US$70
Hotels.com
  • Restaurant
US$69
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$81/night.

Travelodge Bromborough Hotel(Bromborough)(Great Value!)
    Leverhulme Hotel & Spa(Port Sunlight)
    Free cancellation until 28/07
    US$232
    US$225
    Hotels.com
    Woodcote Hotel(Ellesmere Port)
    Free cancellation until 27/07
    Book now, pay at stay
    US$69
    Brook Meadow Hotel(Childer Thornton)
    US$58
    Mere Brook House(Thornton Hough)
    1,540 results
    All reviewslawns restaurantsnow cavethe outdoor hot tubthe main hotelsteam roomthe penthouseafternoon teasnow roomevening mealgarden viewice cavefrom start to finishtapaswedding venuebirthday treatcar parkrelaxing break
    Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

I have just stayed at Thornton hall hotel with seven other ladies for a Xmas spa break. Absolutely first class from start to finish! I have stayed before, years ago, but it has had a lot of refurbishment since and it is stunning!
    The added extra of all the Christmas trees and lights everywhere really made it special!

Staff
    I arrived to a really warm welcome from all the staff and lovely Joe on the door to greet me and carry my bag.
    Every member of staff I crossed in a hallway said hello and genuinely smiled, was really nice. The service we received in every area excelled. Special mention to the staff attending to us for dinner, exceptional service!

Bedrooms
    We had two grand club rooms booked. These sleep 4 with two extremely large double beds in each room. There is more than enough space! We had early check in and the rooms were all ready despite me being a bit early. They were immaculate! Spotlessly clean and really comfortable. Great coffee machine and drinks options. If I was being really picky, we thought there would be a safe? Not sure if we just missed it, and the flush was a bit hard to press (room 338). But that’s all I can find any fault with (and wouldn’t really call them faults!) The room was amazing! Really comfy beds! Tv, lots of hangers, lots of drawers etc, and most importantly, sockets by the bed for phones used as alarm clocks etc perfect!

Gym area
    I hit the the gym and firstly, the changing rooms are amazing! There’s even a safe in the lockers and fabulous mirrors! The gym was really well equipped with someone always on hand to help out. Well ventilated and some great equipment, everything you’d need. Two water stations, although cups would be nice as I have sensitive teeth and drinking from a fountain always hurts!

The brasserie
    Next was lunch in the gym cafe called the brasserie. I call it a cafe but it is so much more! The menu is amazing! So much choice and some really well thought out delicious dishes. The whole place Smelled so chrismassy with the mulled wine on the go! So we had to try one! Delicious!

Pool and spa
    The pool was spotless and really beautiful. My favourite was probably the outdoor spa! Fantastic in the freezing cold! Highly recommend it! I never had time to try the steam room, sauna, mud room...so many things to choose from, something for everyone!

I had a neck back and shoulder massage and the relaxation room and staff at the spa were again, fantastic! Felt like I’d had every knot ironed out!

The hair spa
    I also had my hair and makeup done at the salon. The girls were brilliant! And I looked better than I had imagined! Huge thank you to them! The whole thing was only £45! Well worth it for the end result and time it took!

Dining
    The 8 of us then had private dining in the oak room. It was gorgeous! Like something out of Harry Potter at Christmas time! The menu included in the package deal we had was unbelievable! We expected the usual type of menu you get in a package deal - pate, prawn cocktail, soup followed by chicken beef fish etc- but this was something else! Extremely high end a la carte and cooked to perfection! I had scollops followed by duck then floating islands! A nice little surprise were the extra courses in between! 7 courses altogether which was fantastic for the low price we paid! The home made bread was perfection!! The staff were excellent and timed the courses to perfection! Very professional and discrete.

This was a fantastic start to the Christmas period, thanks to everyone at Thornton hall for making it so special and making us feel so welcome. I have no idea why the price was so reasonable or why you’re not five star??!!
    I’ll be back!!!

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
    1  Thank guccigirl34
    Reviewed December 9, 2017

2 day spa break, lovey, clean hotel, great decor. what made our stay so special were the staff, happy & helpful in every area of the hotel and spa. 10 * experience throughout, the bedroom, the food, the facilities. Well done, we would highly recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed December 5, 2017

Great stay - reception very friendly and inviting - We arrived early and the room was made ready for us - very clean and quiet room - even though there was a Xmas party event going on we heard no noise and no disturbance - the setting is very nice and quiet. I used the spa and the facilities are first class with everything provided and immaculately clean.
    We were attending a private function and the food and service was top notch with the table set very prettily - plenty of food to eat - well presented and very enjoyable !
    Couldn't fault the service - very attentive without pestering.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed December 4, 2017

I have been visiting the hotel sice the mid 70s and it is currently the best that it has ever been.
    Enjoyed the short stay and would definately recommend it.
    The lawns restaurant is excellent and the improvements to the bar area are also excellent.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with friends
    Reviewed December 3, 2017

Again not disappointed in hotel however disappointed due to the main restaurant being closed due to an afternoon function which I feel they should of informed me about as was looking for a romantic dinner with my partner but instead had to go elsewhere, however this did not detract from the excellent staff attitude.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo