The Ranch at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$225
US$189
  • Pool
The Inn at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$267
bedfinder
  • Pool
Furnace Creek Campground(Death Valley National Park)(Great Value!)
US$145
Cancelon
    Stovepipe Wells Village Hotel(Death Valley National Park)
    TripAdvisor
    • Pool
    All reviewswest sidebeer selectiondarwin fallstent cabinspizzanight skiesrestaurant barfull hookupsfront porchlong drivemilky wayexploring death valleynational parkdesertballaratsolitudesignal
    Reviewed October 21, 2011

Pannamint Springs Resort is a wonderful oasis in the desert! It is very scenic and peaceful. The motel is rustic, but comfortable, and the restaurant is top-notch with excellent food. Many kinds of imported beers are offered - what better place to enjoy cold beer than Death Valley! Sunset was stunning, and breakfast on the front deck was just very nice, with a spectacular view of the mountains.The staff was friendly with hospitality that was HUGE. The resort is family owned and run, and my husband and I look forward to staying at the Pannamint Springs Resort on our next California vacation.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
    1  Thank Marilyn T
    Reviewed October 18, 2011

My group of 6 bicycle riders picked this as it was the only place to stay in our trek from Mt Whitney in the Sierras to Death Valley. After reading the reviews we were expecting the pits. We were all pleasantly surprised. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. Yes there is the sound of a generator running in the distance, they are in the middle of no place and they need power. The rooms were basic and needed some work but considering where its at they were fine. I have been in chain hotels in large cities that were far worse than this. The sunset against the mountains and the sun rising over them was great. The food was good and the staff was great. It is a very basic, earthy place. If you want a 5 star place go to the spoils of Vegas, not the middle of the real desert. Stop looking for the bad in something and you will see the best in it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends
    Reviewed October 17, 2011

Down with those “nabobs of negativism”! I say three cheers for the staff of the Panamint Springs Resort. These lodgings are located in one of California’s most remote and hostile environments –the Panamint Valley. Despite these nightmarish conditions, the staff provided a clean room at a reasonable price. Our room was #15, a king bed, bath room with a standup shower. In addition, access to free wi-fi. Yes, the water cooled ventilator blew all night keeping the inside temperature pleasant, there was no TV, no cell service, and there were some areas of needed repair; a sticky door, some paint needed attending in the bathroom, and the plastic shower enclosure was a tad narrow. However, never did my wife and I find the room dirty. To the contrary, it was very neat and clean. We would certainly stay there again.
    After checking in, taking a needed shower, my wife and I joined the international array of guests on the dinning veranda overlooking the valley and watching the stars come out in full force –Jupiter rising over Telescope peak. What a sight! We both enjoyed the Cobb Salad, she some wine and I an Ice tea. The Salads were large and delicious. The ingredients were very fresh, delicious, though a bit pricy - one must consider where the nearest grocer is. And the bats!! How cool are they?? Enjoy your stay and the fabulous natural history of the Valley.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
    2  Thank ohtony
    Reviewed October 13, 2011

I had made a reservation and we spent the evening on top of the sand dunes for the sunset and waiting for the full moon to rise so it was after 9pm when we got there. We were given the key and told we could pay in the morning. The room is nothing fancy and pricey for what you get but if you want to be as close as possible to Death Valley, you will pay more. I have camped at death valley and knew that was not an option since its always very windy and my poor tent was sandblasted. After coming off sand dunes, first thing I did was head to shower. Stand up small shower but it got the job done. The walls are thin and I did hear ppl next door but thanjfully everyone went to sleep fairly early so didn't get woke up by any noise. I do think the rooms and bathrooms could definately use a face lift!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
    Reviewed October 13, 2011

When we drove through Death Valley from Vegas and through Furnace Creek and Stovepipe Wells we had good expectations for Panamint Springs Resort. What a disappointment.!
    Starting from the beginning:
    1. checkin is almost impossible to locate and it was only after looking around a bit that we found it in the gas station.
    2. There was a curious industrial noise in the background and behind the motel was an area that looked like construction or rock crushing. Is this the sort of activity that goes on near a resort. We wondered what time they started in the morning and whether we would get sleep (more of that later)
    3. Mine host at checkin was polite but firm and we had to sign a document in which we undertook that there would be no food in the rooms - so forget about bringing your own breakfast from Vegas.
    4. The room was small, old, tired and dishevelled. The bedspread was faded and thin, there was no furniture to sit on and no coffee or tea. You had to pay an arm and a leg for that at the store. The carpet was dark, the bathroom appointments looked about 50 years old. The bed at least was comfortable.
    5. THE NOISE was incredible. There is no individually controlled air-conditioning so one zircon unit does the whole place. It sounded like a jet aircraft. Mine host said it would go off at 10.30 if the temperature got below 75 but it didn't and it ROARED all night. Little sleep in this bizarre excuse for accommodation.
    6. The restaurant was expensive but basic. The waitress was lovely and we wondered what would keep a personable young lady in a pit like this. We had dinner on the porch which was infested with bugs until the bats arrived. We hoped that we did not get bat droppings in our food.
    7. Breakfast was buffet - $10 per person but we didn't wait. We left at daybreak. Not difficult when you were awake anyway.
    8. Conclusion. To be avoided at all costs. It needs a complete revamp, removal of all the junk, close down the industrial enterprise out the back and make the place look like it does in it Internet publicity material. I have stayed in some pretty basic places but this one would be the worst.
    I have never rated a place with no stars but this one I would.
    The one good thing was the moonrise over Death Valley

Room Tip: Forget it - the place is awful
    Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple