The Ranch at Death Valley
The Inn at Death Valley(Death Valley National Park)
US$253
bedfinder
Panamint Springs Resort(Death Valley National Park)
US$35
US$64
US$69
Motel 6
US$91
Amargosa Opera House and Hotel(Death Valley Junction)
US$85
  • Free Internet
US$25
Agoda.com
6,017 results
All reviewsgolf coursedeath valleyborax museumgeneral storefurnace creekon sitepost officeswimming pooltennis courtsspring fedrocking chairsnational parkair concorkscrew saloonwrangler steakhousepizzapalm trees
Reviewed March 8, 2012

I am rating this a 5 comparing it to other National Park accomodations. This is among the best that we have experienced. We stayed at the ranch for two nights in early March and were extremely happy with our experience. We stayed in one of the ranch's cabins and were pleased with how the cabin has been kept up. We have stayed in other "renovated" rooms in National parks that were just re-painted and the upgrades were done poorly. The updates to this cabin were done right. Things that needed to be replaced at the Furnance Creek ranch have been. The cabin had a nice flat screen tv, clean comfortable beds and bed linens, a wall air conditioner and an electric baseboard heater. It was also steps away from the lodges dining establishments and a short walk to the pool (which is hot spring fed and a constant 85 degrees). The lodge also had a nice-looking golf course (we don't play, so we can't vouch for it's quality) that the people we talked to said was nice. We would definately stay here again if we come back to Death Valley.

The room was very clean as well, so a shout out to the housekeeping staff!

Room Tip: The cabins are along the road part of the ranch and the deluxe rooms surround a lawn adjacent to the pool, which might be a nice option.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 5, 2012

Took the back roads bike trip and this inn was great.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We wanted to see Death Valley on our trip, but there was very little choice of hotels in the area. Was rather sceptic prior to arrival and this turned out to be justified. Rather expensive for what it is -- in retrospect we should have spent the same money in Las Vegas and gotten a luxury suite.

On the positive side: the hotel has a nice large outdoor pool. We visited in February, and were looking for some sun and warmth (after having visited Grand Canyon, which was on the chilly side) - which we certainly got in Death Valley. Also, saw a coyote just outside our doorstep. That's about it I think.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Xanterra, General Manager at The Ranch at Death Valley, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2012

I'd like to thank you for taking the time to express your opinions regarding the Ranch at Furnace Creek on TripAdvisor. We routinely monitor both positive and negative comments to facilitate our efforts of providing outstanding guest services.

We recognize that our prices for accommodations are in some cases higher than what you might pay for similar accommodations located in metropolitan destinations. Las Vegas, for example, is able to provide high-end accommodations at low prices in part due to the gaming revenue the resorts receive from their guests. When guests stay in the park at one of our facilities, they are paying a higher rate mostly because of the added convenience of being inside the park, and the lack of supplemental income properties outside National Parks are able to receive.

I hope your last experience doesn't prevent you from returning to Furnace Creek and experiencing our usually high standards of in-park lodging. If you do return, please ask for me so I can personally ensure that you are satisfied with your accommodations.

Rich Jones
Furnace Creek Resort

Reviewed March 4, 2012

Our experience with the Xanterra operated facilities in the Grand Canyon is so awful that we expected the same at Furnace Creek. We were pleasantly surprised. At the same time as Xanterra does the low and middle end horribly, they do the high end quite well.

The Furnace Creek Inn is a tad expensive but no more so than a high end resort in a place like Laguna Beach. The rooms are really nice and worked really well for our stay which was to do long hikes each day and then clean up for an elegant dinner. We had a great shower, a large walk in closet for our gear, and comfortable beds.

The service overall is great. The food is very good in the dining room.

And the grounds are an amazing contrast to the stark environment that is Death Valley.

We had a couple of lunches at the Furnace Creek Ranch places (saloon and diner) and both were good.

To save money I would recommend the Ranch but it is worth a trip up the hill to the Inn for dinner. If money is not an issue, then the Inn is the place to be.

The Inn price included free golf. If we had done that, it would have been a very middle-range price.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2012

The pictures they show online are the only 3 nice pictures they have. The rest of the resort is hardly to par. I camped nearby and paid to use their showering facilities at a pretty hefty price. It was around $6.00. I paid for and received my shower ticket. They had a sign that said "no refunds". Which is understandable, after all how can you refund a shower? I left back to my camp to gather my clothes, when I huge storm came up and started blowing away our tents so I had to stay back. This was just prior to the showers closing, so the storm delayed me long enough that the showers has already closed. The next morning I went back to try to take a shower and they told me that ticket I had was only good for yesterday and I need to buy another ticket. I tried explaining my predicament and they didn't care. In fact, they are were very matter-of-fact about the whole situation and didn't even try to negotiate a discount or anything. I had to pay $12.00 for one shower and poor customer service to boot. And the grounds look like they are a relic from the 60's, very disappointing.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank GeoHiker

Thank you for posting your sincere comments on TripAdvisor. We have considered whether to offer the resort showers and spring-fed pool facilities to campers who stay at NPS campgrounds for quite some time. We have made the swimming pool, which has been remodeled with new shade structures and lounge seating, and showers available to campers for many years as a convenience. If you would like personal assistance with resolving this issue, please contact me directly at your convenience. As with all guests, your satisfaction is my top priority.

Rich Jones