I stayed at the Ranch for five days with family (spouse, brother, sister-in-law, nephew, Dad/Grandpa). We had a great time. It is a short drive to many hikes and sights.
The Ranch itself is a grassy oasis amid starkly arid surroundings. The rooms are clean and well kept. We lounged around some in the grassy field by the pool and courts on several afternoons. And the “warm-spring fed pool” is a must. It seemed to be un-chlorinated and my impression was that the water is constantly renewed. Plus it is warm. Prefect for mid-March days that were in the high 70’s. The food at all the restaurants is good, and pretty much the same even though the prices vary some from place to place.
Only one mild warning: the coffee provided in the room was so bad that even I could tell. So if you’re finicky about coffee, head straight to the café in the morning.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Furnace Creek Resort, situated in a lush oasis surrounded by the vast and arid desert of Death Valley National Park, California is just 120 miles northwest of Las Vegas, Nevada and 275 miles northeast of Los Angeles, California. This property hosts two hotels - the historic, 4-diamond, 66 room Inn at Furnace Creek and the more family oriented 224 room Ranch at Furnace Creek. The Inn at Furnace Creek offers guests elegant accommodations in the heart of Death Valley. This 4-diamond resort has operated for more than 86 years, and still pampers every guest. The Ranch at Furnace Creek has been welcoming guests since 1933 and offers a casual, family-like setting - the perfect complement to the classic elegance of the Inn at Furnace Creek. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and HotelsClick so you can book your Furnace Creek Inn and Ranch Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Furnace Creek Inn And Ranch Hotel Death Valley National Park
- Furnace Creek Resort
- Furnace Creek Hotel
- Furnace Creek Ranch
- Furnace Creek Inn Death Valley