Lock in the lowest price from these sites
teamfunannie
Concord, New Hampshire

Beautiful special place

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 13, 2023
National park campground with one new bathroom. Beautiful special place. We had one campground host that texted us the morning we were supposed to arrive and told us some other people were in our site and she saw no need to ask them to move and suggested we camp with them our near the bathroom. That was a real bummer. Luckily the other campground hosts came to Rescue and while they couldn’t move the other people, ray found a comparable site to what we had and we had a lovely night that was restful and beautiful. What a phenomenal spot! Ray was awesome! Very grateful for her and her husband!
Date of stay: August 2023
    C$272
  • eDreams
48.8 km from Many Glacier Campground
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
64.4 km from Many Glacier Campground
Free parking
Contact accommodation for availability.
63.9 km from Many Glacier Campground
View more hotels in Glacier National Park
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 27, 2022 via mobile

People very respectful.
Showed up without a reservation and quickly found out the daily lottery opens up at 7:30am. If you are overzealous and show up a couple of hours before that to get into the car line, you are likely to find a camping spot. They post that you need to notify them by 10:00am on a daily basis to extend your stay, but the day we checked in, we were able to reserve for the complete duration of our stay without issues.

For $4, you can purchase a shower token at Swiftcurrent Campstore.

Room tip: No worries regarding not having Road to the Sun reservation, you can catch the free shuttle in at a place like St Mary visitor center or just drive in after 4:00pm.
Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed July 30, 2021

G/F and I stayed in campsite 93 July 10th through 18th. We booked the reservations on January 28th of this year right at 8am for those of you wondering how we got a spot. If you have no reservations, you will not be allowed in the campsite. It does not matter if you find an empty spot, your friend gave up the reservations, someone no showed, etc. The Rangers were very strict about this. No reservations, no campsite, period! Remember that if you're thinking about grabbing a site last minute, it's not going to happen.

There is zero first come first serve at the moment. I only stress this due to the large amount of people that we observed being furious that they had to wait 40 minutes plus due to road construction, only to be told they can't enter the campground, and then have to wait another 40 minutes to leave. Don't be that person! Also, please don't yell at the Rangers or the Construction Crew about it. They have a job to do and they don't make the decisions on this stuff. Especially the Construction Flagger on the road. If anything, give that poor guy/girl a cold drink and snacks! How would you like to stand there for 12 plus hours a day with people screaming at you?

Construction on Many Glacier Road. Yes it's under repair! You should expect to wait up to 40 minutes at a time while on your way in our out. If you want to avoid it, plan on traveling Saturdays and Sundays when they are not working. On weekdays, they start really early or they are running 24/7. For example, we headed out at 5:30am and got held up for 30 minutes before we could exit the park. Plan for delays on weekdays.

Showers and laundry! This was a big one for us! I specifically booked this campground because the Swiftcurrent Inn has pay showers and laundry and it's walking distance from the Many Glacier Campground. However, when we went to the Swiftcurrrent Inn, they informed us those services were not available due to Covid and a staff shortage. The staff recommended that we go to the KOA in ST. Mary. So, we did as they suggested, and upon arrival at the KOA in ST. Mary, we were told no pay showers available! They suggested we try the Swiftcurrent Inn at Many Glacier (Eye Roll). They did however let us do laundry at the KOA.

So, if you're going to Many Glacier this year, paid showers are out of the question anywhere that we know of! If you want to do laundry, the KOA in ST. Mary will let you do it. If you're thinking about buying a portable shower, just remember that if you're in Many Glacier, the water must be collected and dumped in the grey water facility in the campground restrooms. I suggest rinsing yourself off in the creek in Many Glacier (Behind camp 94) then wiping yourself down good with some bath wipes that you can pick up in shops in ST. Mary. Do not scrub yourself down with soap in the creek, the Rangers and fellow campers will not appreciate it! Also, if you're using bath wipes, please deposit them in the trash and do not flush them down the toilet drains.

Wildlife in this campground is INSANE! Be prepared! Have your camera and bear spray at the ready! We had deer, a moose and her calf, a bull moose, and two grizzlies run through! This was the first park I have ever been to where huge amounts of wildlife just randomly run through constantly.

Rangers at this campground are really on point! They walked the campground at least once an hour and were definitely on their A game! it may seem like they are being too strict, but we really appreciated them. We felt totally safe sleeping in a tent in grizzly territory because of how on point the Rangers were. They were the perfect blend of nice, but firm. Know that if you have food out anywhere in your campground, you must be within six feet of it, or they will ask you to lock it up.

Scenery is just amazing! Between the amount of wildlife and spectacular views, words just don't do it any justice! Just go there!

As for the bugs........ Bring plenty of your favorite bug repellent! Between the flies, mosquitoes and yellow jackets you will get eaten alive! It would really be in your best interest to have some kind of bug net canopy to put over your picnic table. If you're hammock camping, you will need bug netting or you might not survive the night lol! We found that DEET products worked much better than Picaridin in particular. With Picaridn they would smack us then fly off. With DEET they just hovered. Just our personal experience.

For those of you planning big hikes, please bring a water filter with you! The water looks amazingly clean, but it is not! We hiked up to Iceberg Lake and I had to use my Grayl water filter to top off at least a dozen people. Not complaining, I was loving helping my fellow hikers out! We got to meet some really amazing, awesome people! Just worried me, not everyone as friendly as we are! So, take a water filter with you!

The Many Glacier Hotel is a must see! We had dinner there on our last night. We had the salmon and duck dinners and it did not disappoint! We didn't stay in the hotel so I cannot rate it, but as far as dining it was wonderful! Dining Room was open, so we just had to order our food, seat ourselves and enjoy the ambience. We loved it :). Also, the cheesecake dessert with huckleberry sauce was amazing!

Ticketed entry for Going to the Sun was another issue, but if you're staying at Many Glacier there is a work around! The Ranger booth is not manned prior to 6 am. So we set our alarms for 4:30 am, and headed out by 5. We crossed the Ranger Station at 5:51am! So, there was no ticketed entry required.

We arrived at Logan's Pass by 6:30 - 7 and OMG that parking lot was FULL! So, word to the wise, get there earlier! We got lucky and after driving circles around the lot 3 times someone was just pulling out. I will say it again......... WE GOT LUCKY! If Logan's Pass is on your agenda get there as early as possible!

I hope this information helps those of you heading out this year! We wish you the best of luck, lots of love, and more importantly have a wonderful and safe time!

11  Thank 200secrets
Reviewed July 24, 2021

How to describe the many ways in which we loved this campground?
Our site was right next to the river (great to cool off in after a day of hiking), and we had beautiful views of the surrounding mountains. By far the most wonderful thing about this campground is its location in the Many Glacier Valley, which allowed us access to stunning scenery, fantastic hikes, and once-in-a-lifetime wildlife viewing. The evening programs were fantastic (we attended a Native America Speaks program, and a bear talk) - we made lifelong memories here with our son!

Reviewed July 23, 2021 via mobile

This is the most beautiful campground I have EVER stayed in! From most every site, you can see beautiful mountains and amazing wilderness. The bathrooms were clean and modern. Right nearby is the Many Glacier trailhead, which has some of the most amazing hikes in all of Glacier National Park. It’s often hard to find a parking spot at the trailhead, but if you stay in this campground, you don’t have to find one! You can just hike from your campground! It’s amazing. There were some bugs in our site, but they weren’t a big deal. I recommend going to the nightly ranger programs at 8pm, we learned so many interesting things at those. Overall a fantastic campground.

Room tip: Go to the 8pm ranger programs.
1  Thank stargaze7
Reviewed January 29, 2021

I have been trying for over 4 years to book a many glacier site
I have all my info in /password done /pick the spot or any open spot and i have at least 6 times gone all the way to the ck the box at a nano second into 8 am mountain standard time - east coast 10 a m and get to the check box then need to continue to pay and I can't go any farther. By the time I get anywhere figured out everything is booked up . This day ( my second day) i have counted 27 out of about 80 campsites booked for 13 plus days , 5 for 18 days,15 sites over 10 days and 17 for 8 0r 9 days . That is 60 sites . That is a big chunk out of number of sites I realize you save some for first come and know their is a certain amount that are pre reserve meaning what I am trying to do. I live with in 150 miles from the park , have worked for g p i in the past , have friends that work in the park plus realize some gets grabbed up by the guide groups that sell a trip. I want to know why this continually happens - what the policy is now and it looks like people are able to book before the booking time of 6 months or what ever it is now. If you can not help me please tell me whom I would contact next on this. I hope to get some information that is helpful from someone that really knows what goes on with the booking. Donna Davis

Date of stay: August 2020