Big Meadows Lodge(Shenandoah National Park)
US$125
Cancelon
  • Restaurant
US$75
US$68
The Mimslyn Inn(Luray)(Great Value!)
US$125
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$149/night.

US$195
US$80
US$85
US$80
US$49
All reviewstent campingcamp storeappalachian trailperson tentriver fallsfather sonsouthern endgreat sitebig meadowsbathrooms were cleanwind and raintent stakespay showerstree covergreat outdoor experienceparking areasites
Reviewed September 7, 2016

We loved our experience at Loft Mountain. We took a tent site which we loved since it was off the main road and quieter than the pull through spots. It was first come first serve since we had to change our plans last minute but the ranger was super helpful. The camp store attendant was very friendly and we loved the wood there yes it's $7 a bundle but it's super dry so it should catch easily vs some places where the wood is left out to dampen. The showers a a great feature at 1.75/5 minutes you can feel so clean after a day of hiking. We saw tons of birds, some chipmunks and a white tail deer which walked within 5 feet of us (someone was probably feeding them cause we found this super strange). The best part of the campsite was the 5 minute hike to the rock face to watch the sunset, it was fantastic! We definitely want to come back when the leaves are changing!

Room Tip: Go for tent only if you want quieter space.
  • Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TheVeggieTraveler
Reviewed August 31, 2016

We stayed just one night in site A2C. It was "walk-in" but the parking lot was about a 30 second walk away. We liked the tent-only section since we were set back from the road and didn't get the headlight glare, and were further away from the sound of generators. Our only problem was since we got there after dark, we didn't get a chance to scope out where the bathrooms were. When we went to look for the closest one according to the map, it appeared the trail to it didn't exist. In the morning we found another bathroom, but it was a bit far, I think we'd prefer to get a site closer to the bathroom next time. The campsite itself was shaded but with a gap in the trees where we could see the stars. There is a tent pad and a fire pit (grill but no ring). We noticed some of the other sites did have rings. Loft Mountain campground is very well maintained and the employees are super friendly. (Also note certain spots in the campground can get VERY windy. Your are on top of a mountain! This happened on our 2015 Memorial Day trip and I got sick. Definitely bring warm clothing just in case.)

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

My son and I went camping here in site....wait a second I really liked my site and if I have it away it might be booked next time I try and reserve it so I will keep it on the hush. But there are plenty of good sites. All prices at $15. $20 to get in park unless you have year pass like I do. I paid $40 for it and have used it 4 times since. Campsite is only 40 - 44 minutes from the Waynesborough side entrance. Walked to amphitheater from site and saw cool presentation about bra s from ranger. We even saw a Bear driving to campground. Fire pit and picnic table were perfect. Site was flat with plenty of foliage to make it secluded. Driveway was pull through and plenty big for my bros van and my car. Camp store had lots of things like bug spray which we forgot to bring. It is a bit more pricey so try and bring everything from home. However nice if you forget something. We hiked black rock on way back to Waynesborough entrance. Highly recommend hike for small kids ours are ages 3 - 8 and they loved climbing on the rocks. Hike is half mile there and half mile back. Happy camping!

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Jes S
Reviewed August 20, 2016 via mobile

Great place to pull in for road trip. We was able to get a pull thru site and it was easy to get in and flat so not too much leveling was needed. Most sites looked like they was very similar. Water and dump was easily accessible when we was leaving. Will be back.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2016

Stayed here with the family in July and we found it to be quiet, peaceful, and had very accessible hiking trails. We camped in a tent for two nights. No issues. The bathrooms were clean. And a very short (<2min) drive down the road was a pay shower, which was very clean also. I think it was $1.25 for 5 minutes. Well worth it. Also, the Appalachian Trail was only 150 yds away from the campsite so we were abel to do some great hiking as well.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with family