Zion Mountain Ranch(Zion National Park)
US$219
US$209
Official Hotel
  • Restaurant
Zion Ponderosa Ranch Resort(Zion National Park)(Great Value!)
US$139
Desert Pearl Inn(Springdale)
US$239
US$189
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$212/night.

Historic Pioneer Lodge(Springdale)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$177
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$204/night.

US$240
US$229
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$286/night.

Cable Mountain Lodge(Springdale)(Great Value!)
US$269
US$261
2,186 results
All reviewswestern cabinthe red rock grillrocking chairstwo double bedsgas fireplacewatchman buildingfront lawncanyon wallstwo sinksangel's landingmule deerno elevatorsmall porchhiking trailsprivate balconypark shuttlegift shop
Reviewed April 25, 2012

I visited in January and the park was practically empty. Our cabin was amazing in every way. I recommend to everyone to visit and stay in the cabins in the winter.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2012

First, as anyone who has been there knows, Zion Canyon in the Zion National Park is one of the most beautiful places on Earth. So the Lodge has a leg up on all the competition, because it is the only lodging in the Canyon that is in the Park per se (though there are many motels and B&B's just outside the Park but still in the Canyon).
That said, Zion Lodge itself is average, at best. The original lodge burnt down several decades ago and was "quickly" (perhaps too quickly) rebuilt. The current lodge lacks the character that makes most of the National Park lodges--such as in Yellowstone or the Grand Canyon or Glacier--so pleasant. For instance, it has no especially comfortable central space with a fireplace and easy chairs, no vaulted ceiling, no oldtime memorabilia, not even the otherwise reprehensible stuffed heads of animals on the wall.
What's more, the restaurant in the Lodge is, again, average at best. The views out the tall windows looking onto the western wall of Zion Canyon are, of course, spectacular. But the food and service are decidedly second rate--just fine but nothing remarkable. My wife and I visited Bryce Canyon on a day trip from Zion and at the end of the day ate in the restaurant there; it was head and shoulders above the restaurant at Zion. The discrepancy can be explained perhaps by the fact that the concessionaire at Zion is Xanterrra, while that at Bryce is different and better.
Finally, while the room was just fine compared to your standard motel room, it was nothing better than that, and the price was very steep.
Would we return to this place? Alas, the answer is likely Yes. The reason is that it is the only lodging directly in the park, so you save many precious minutes, not having to transfer to the shuttle from town to the Visitor Center and then again to the shuttle up the Canyon. Do I think it's "worth it"? Probably not, but there it is.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank vaidaman
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We stayed here for our spring break in the middle of March. We got a great deal on the room--more that 1/2 off the summer rate and it included daily breakfast for 2. The view from our room/porch was spectacular--the rock formations are just across from us. This is the place to be if you are exploring all the trails in zion. It's in the park, so you have to pay the National park entrance fee to get to the lodge--but you're allowed to drive into the park during the busy summer months when you're required to use the shuttle buses. It's run by the xanterra group--the same people who run the lodges in Yosemite, Grand Canyon.

We stayed in the motel and not the cabins. Our room was very nice, decorated with Mission style furniture. The bedding was comfortable and warm. The porch was fairly large and inviting--great place to sit on the rocker and read. Only complaint was that the ac/heating unit was loud when it ran--we tried not to run it too much.

The Good:
1) Location--can't get any better that being in the middle of the park with easy access to all the trails. My family hiked Angel's Landing and was able to walk back to the room (since I had the car and was at the visitor's center).

2) Staff--very nice and friendly. Seems like the people working there seemed to be happy, we didn't experience any 'bad attitude' from the staff.

3) Restaurant--we had several meals there and overall the food was very good. I didn't have very high expectations, but was surprised by the quality of the food. It was reasonable too.

4) The water--great tasting tap water! No need to get bottled water here.

The Bad:
1) Parking--the lot can get full and we had to park further away. A real annoying thing was that one night a large RV had parked in the hotel parking lot and was running it's generator at night. Made a lot of noise and not pleasant out on the porch. The rooms are fairly well insulated since we didn't hear the generator noise inside. I think the RV sneaked into the park after the rangers had left for the night at the entrance.

2) The trees--we picked a time of year when the trees were not in bloom. The 'grotto' wasn't very pretty, no green--mostly trees in hibernation, looking like sticks.

3) Price--we happen to catch a great promotion the lodge was having, but during the summer, it could go up to $300/night. Ouch.

4) The crowds--even during the slow time of year there were tons of people. I can't imagine what it's like during the busy summer months.

Overall, I would stay here again. We had a wonderful time enjoying the outdoors. Highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank mom2w-h
Reviewed April 23, 2012

We had an upstairs room in the motel section of the Zion Lodge. We had a nice view of the cliffs behind the hotel and our room was very clean with comfortable beds and pillows. Our room was very quiet, but we didn't need to use the AC. The staff was helpful and friendly. It was nice to be able to stay in the park, and the lodge location is great. You can access a number of the trails from the lodge, and the shuttle bus stops right in front. I'd say that for a National Park lodge, this was a good experience.

Room Tip: Be sure not to get the room above the laundry!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed April 23, 2012

At check in, I was assigned the handicapped accessible room 102 on the first floor. I asked for a second floor regular room and the clerk said there would be one available later in the day. I said I would wait but her supervisor came out and assured me that the room had a wonderful view and was one that was requested often. Not good. It was right next to the lodge. Had to keep the shades down because everyone who walked by stared in. Couldn't enjoy the view. At night couldn't sit on the porch because there is a light right in front of it, blinding. Took a bath after a great hike and hit my head on the handicapped rails. Couldn't use the mirror in the bathroom for my contacts or makeup since the sink was made for a wheel chair to go under. Bed was comfortable though. I left $1 and some change on the nightstand to use in the soda machine when I got back from my hike. Gone when I got back! Makes me wonder what else is missing that I haven't noticed. No evening activities. Food and service at the restaurant were mediocre at best. I spit out my chicken. Awful! Waitress was more preoccupied with talking with a friend who was hanging out drinking than with customers. Stay outside park..shuttle service is wonderful! I stayed at Grand Canyon, paid less, and had a great experience...Xanterra should fix this one! Waste of money and vacation time.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank cathy0
Xanterra, Manager at Zion Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to submit feedback on your stay at Zion Lodge. Your comments are valuable as they assist us with improving the quality of our products and services.

I was saddened to read about the recent experience you had with your room at Zion Lodge. You should have been given a standard room, as requested. Please know that we do our best to provide every guest with accommodations that meet (and hopefully exceed) expectations. Clearly, this wasn't the case with your recent visit. Please accept my sincere apologies that we failed to deliver on our promise. We always try to encourage guests to bring any issues to our attention during their stay so we have the immediate opportunity to fix them. Again I apologize if this wasn't communicated to you at anytime during your visit. I will address your situation with my team to ensure this never happens again.

I truly hope your recent experience doesn't affect future plans to visit Zion. If you happen to return in the near future, please let me know. I would be happy to make sure that your next stay is far more enjoyable.

Daisy Hobbs