“Happy New Year at Margaritaville”

Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 19 January 2012

My family consisting of my husband and myself, my son and his family (twin granddaughters, age 7) spent the New Year's weekend at the new Margaritaville Hotel in Pensacola Beach, Fla. It was a package deal that included two nights at the hotel plus a New Year's eve party at the Landshark Landing which is a kind of beach bar located on the beach next to the hotel. Also included was a New Year's Day buffet brunch. Let me start by saying it was more than we expected! The hotel is BEAUTIFUL. The rooms are very large and well appointed with extraordinarily comfortable beds, pillows and linens. The bathrooms are so large that you could fit another bed in there!! Besides from being beautiful with a great location, the hotel is exceptionally clean with the very BEST staff. Everyone was so friendly and accommodating. Of course, it was a holiday weekend, and everyone was in a partying mood, but they went out of their way to make sure our every need was taken care of. Located right on beautiful Pensacola beach, it was a perfect location to enjoy the mild temperatures that we were blessed with at the time. We had an awesome gulf front room from where we could watch the sunset every evening if we weren't enjoying the beautiful white sand beach right out our door. I would definitely recommend this hotel for a summer or winter get away.

Room Tip: My son and daughter-in-law had a corner suite which was huge. Perfect "party" room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank LABunnyNewOrleans
Write a ReviewReviews (1,212)

Reviewed 13 January 2012

Plain, simple. The bar off property is closed during off season. The bar in the hotel did not have the Margaritaville feel. Very disappointed

3  Thank msdolphin69
Reviewed 12 January 2012

I live close to Pensacola so we decided to take a quick overnight trip and booked a room at Margaritaville. The rooms were spacious and clean. Very nice! The food was excellent in the hotel. The view was also amazing. The staff was very friendly. I would suggest staying here if you have the opportunity.

Room Tip: I wouldn't pay the extra cost for a gulf front room. The view will still be excellent with a ba...
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Laurie G
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We stayed here to visit family in Pensacola. When I booked I was given a discount for booking that I was satified with (I'd never pay rack rate)..we parked in the parking garage which wasn't a problem the first night but was full by the 2nd and third. They have parking around the base of the building too.The hotel was beautifully decorated and we has a gorgeous view of the gulf. White sand and blue water was amazing! We could see dolphins from our balcony in the morning as we sat outside in the cotton robes provided. The keurig machine also made me feel quite at home. I love coupons and it is a running joke in my family. I was thrilled to see two complimentary Landshark Lager coupons for the Landing next door. Bathroom was spacious with a wonderful shower and great bath products. We loved our stay and the beach was beautiful. One memorable moment, we were laying out on the beach and saw a few men wading in the surf with nets. I asked what they were fishing for and he showed me his bucket...tar balls! They were small but definetly there. It not take away from our trip, or the view. I was surprised to see them scooping them up and it truely is a great beach that we plan on returning to. Finally, the pool..great,relaxing, good menu and poolside drink service...even when our nieces and nephews came to visit it wasn't a problem. I had checked with the desk to make sure we were allowed guests and all was fine. We had a wonderful time for the 3 nights we were there! my only complaint to remember? The rug when you get out of the bed in the morning is a very itchy, strange texture to wake up to...but it wasn't a deal breaker. We'll be back.

Room Tip: for the best view go with the gulf side and ask that you stay in a room that has a balcony that jets...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank islandgirl1113
Reviewed 7 January 2012

My husband and I were here for New Years Eve weekend. We used valet parking--it's only $12--and all of the valets we encountered were very helpful. We were checked in by a nice young man who--get this--actually LOWERED our room rate once we got there! I had booked in about May for New Years and apparently they had dropped their rates since I had booked! We reserved a gulf-view room and it was GORGEOUS!! Spotless, well-appointed and of course a view that can't be beat! There is Radio Margaritaville that plays through a channel on the TV and also a channel with the video loop you'd see in the restaurants, on the TV. How awesome is that, Parrotheads? We did not do the New Years Eve package that the hotel was offering; it did not sound like a good deal; but instead decided to walk to a restaurant called Hemingway's, which I also recommend. Didn't want to risk a DUI on New Years Eve and take the car! Even though is was cool for people from the south we are from PA and were in the pool on NYE day! Pool area is great! The pool bar was closed for the winter but we just ran into Frank & Lola's when we needed one!

4  Thank hotelpro18411
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Three day stay in December. Stayed in one of the Corner rooms overlooking the beach. Room was large and very clean. Beds were very comfortable.
On prior stay I was charged for valet parking and did not use it. After pointing out that was done, they reversed the charges. So as always, look over your charges for accuracy.

Staff was friendly during the entire stay.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank dnhill
Reviewed 4 January 2012

When we arrived, I was not sure where to park. A young lady in uniform was getting off her shift. She stopped and told me where to park, and then said "enjoy your stay and if you need anything, just ask." She was correct. Rooms are set up nice. Especially the showers. The elevator is even enjoyable.

Room Tip: Ask for an ocean side room. It is worth it, if you love to sit on the balcony and watch and listen...
2  Thank Bill W