“Very relaxig”

Margaritaville Beach Hotel
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Pensacola Beach
Reviewed 14 August 2017

I took my mother and sister to the Margaritaville for mothers day and we had a great time the staff was very friendly and helpful. I loved the fact that we were on the top floor and we had the best view of the ocean and the beach. I love the tiki bar, Nate was very nice and helpful. The food at Frank a day Lola'so was great, I recommend the Lava Lava Shrimp. The room was clean and very spacious. The bathroom was bigger than I was expecting. I love that they have a standing shower and not a tub. I love the fact that they leave you bottled water everyday that you are staying there. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that just wants to get away and relax by the pool.

Stayed: May 2017
There are newer reviews for Margaritaville Beach Hotel

Reviewed 13 August 2017

We liked this place no much for our four day vacation that we are already planning next year's trip. It is pricey but has a lot going for it. Its main restaurant serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, and the breakfasts and lunches were excellent. We had lunch by the pool, but I think the food came from the restaurant, it it was also very good. The bartender was also consistently excellent.

It is basically the kind of place you never have to leave. With a very good pool, adjacent beach access, two good restaurants, very friendly staff, and great rooms and views. We talked to a couple who had been there five days and had not left the property.

The rooms and their amenities are top notch. Superb ocean or bay views, very comfortable beds, very high quality bathroom soaps, shampoos, etc; and very soft towels and bed linens. There was ample seating around the pool. We'll be back.

Room Tip: Corner suites are nice, but a standard ocean-view room would be just fine
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2017 via mobile

This was the best hotel we've ever stayed in. We hardly left. We was in the beach side so we could see and hear the waves all night. There is a couple really good restaurants right at the hotel so if you don't want to leave you have food available that us reasonable. The rooms are clean and the staff are friendly. The drinks are out of this world. The possibilities are endless at Margaritaville!

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 August 2017 via mobile

This was our first visit to any of the Margaritaville hotels. We were returning home after several weeks in the Keys and decided to try this place out even though we would not arrive until 7:00 in the evening and needed to leave without delay the following morning for a 600 mile drive home. The setting was beautiful. We had dinner at the Landshark Grill on the property. The food and service were good. My wife had leftovers and discovered that our in room refrigerator had leftovers from a prior customer. We decided to walk the beach and my wife wanted to lock her purse in the in room safe but it was broken. The biggies issue was our bed. At about 11:30 we discovered that the bed was concave shaped like a hammock and the head of the bed was lower than the foot. It was a miserable setup and we both wondered why anyone would use beds like this. I barely slept. At some point in the night I used an ornamental pillow under one side of my body to stop me from rolling to the middle. Around 4 AM I moved to a chair and gave up. When we checked out I politely complained to the persona that desk. She told me we should have called and that there are problems with the beds that cause the box springs to shift and they could have fixed it for us. My view is that a lack of quality control causes a room that was not sellable to get sold to me. Her response was to blame me for a really crappie night. I decided to lodge a complaint with the Margaritaville corporate site. I did so the day we checked out. It took them a number of days to reply saying they were sorry. I think some kind of comp was in order. We could have chosen form a list of $150 hotels and slept well but decided to $250 to them out. Everyone has problems in the service business. The is how problems are handled. Margaritaville failed the test in my situation. If you stay there be sure to check your bed well before you settle into the room.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Kari R, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2017

Thank you, TexTim! We appreciate the opportunity to have you as a guest and for the time you took to provide feedback. I apologize and would love the opportunity to speak with you a little more about your experience. We are very appreciative of every opportunity to fix any issues that may arise throughout a guests stay. Always grateful for the opportunity, please give me a call when you are ready to do so and book your next stay!

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times and loved the location, the beachfront and great food! Unfortunately, the staff said it was ok to smoke on the massive balcony but when we got home, we found an additional charge of $250 on our credit card. BEWARE of all extra charges. We will never go back

Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank donnahK9373DC
Kari R, Guest Relations Manager at Margaritaville Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 August 2017

Thank you for choosing to stay with us time and time again! Since we opened our doors in 2010, we are proudly a 100% smoke-free property- including all balconies. This verbiage is not only displayed on the balcony doors of all guest rooms but also in all guest communication including the registration card that requires a guest signature at checkin. However, disheartened that you are choosing not to join us again, we will continue to uphold our policy. We believe this is in efforts of overall guest experience and environmental protection.
We wish you all the best in future travels and will welcome you with open arms should you decide to return!

Reviewed 7 August 2017

This was a last minute trip and it was hard to find a condo in Destin or Orange Beach. So we found availability at this hotel and we went Pensacola. The hotel is nice and is relatively new. It was very clean and the staff was friendly and professional. The room had tile floors which was great because of the sand. It was a pretty good size and the bathroom was nice. The pool was very long and there was live music plus food and drink. We ate breakfast every morning at Frank and Lola's. It was reasonably price and the quality was good. One night we even went to the Landshark Bar next to the hotel. I just don't think this place had a buzz. I think it was missing Jimmy Buffet music in the lobby.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raoul9466
Reviewed 6 August 2017 via mobile

Upon arrival we drove up the ramp to the main entrance/lobby with the fancy ceiling fans. The first thing your eye catches is the ocean. The windows give you an idea how close the property is to the Gulf of Mexico. The staff was professional, friendly and efficient. The walk to our second floor room was pleasant through a well appointed hallway indicating the quality of the hotel. We opened the door to our spacious room with a great view of the beach.

While staying at the hotel we used the pool and had excellent food and drink poolside. One night we ventured over to Land Shark and enjoyed a local band playing rock n roll tunes known to everyone

The parking garage within the property made coming and going with the family very simple.

We love this place and will be back!!!

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family