1,759 results
All reviews lazy river kids eat free riptides restaurant front desk pool area kids activities hotel restaurant great pool gulf side fire pit outdoor bar pool towels housekeeping staff ocean front family vacation love this place beautiful view
Reviewed June 9, 2011

We just stayed 5 days at the holiday inn resort and wished we could stay longer. We did have to wait 2 hours after we arrived on Sunday to check into our room. They had a booked weekend and housekeeping was cleaning rooms and fast as they could. They apologized several times and we were able to get all 3 rooms in our group on the same floor. When we finally got to our room it was definitely worth the wait. Our room overlooked the pool and beach. Loved it that we could walk to the beach from the pool. We had breakfast each morning at hotel restaurant. We had breakfast coupons with our room so everything was included with the breakfast buffet. Our daughter ate everyday for free and we didn't have any other charges. Stephanie our waitress was wonderful, she greeted us every morning and got our orders right away. The manager of the restaurant constantly checked to make sure we had everything we needed. We loved eating there every morning. The hotel implemented wristbands for hotel guest at the pool. This was a great idea. There were many people swimming in the lazy river that were not hotel guest. It was great to sit by the pool and see it empty out as they went around checking for wristbands. As a result there were plenty of chairs and towels for hotel guest. Our daughter loved the mermaid swimming around in the pool and dive in movies at the pool. We didn't have any problems with housekeeping. Our rooms were cleaned early every day and if we needed something it was brought up immediately. The staff was very accommodating. We look forward to returning there for another visit.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank 3seasonedtravelers
Jasmine H, AGM at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded October 13, 2016

Thank you for your review, we have been a little busy over the last 5 years. I am so sorry it took us this long to acknowledge you. Please visit again soon!

Reviewed June 9, 2011

This is a very nice hotel with a restaurant and nice pool. The rooms are smaller but tolerable. The doors do not shut automatically so make sure you pull them shut. We left for the day and the maid who cleaned our room did not pull it shut so our door was left unlocked for hours. The restaurant food was very good. Try the Quick Silver Sliders. They were awesome!! Service is very slow so be prepared to wait. The hotel is clean and nice. I think the word resort is a bit much.
Now for the negatives. Several times there were no pool towels or beach towels. (THey do provided larger towels for the beach which was nice). If you see towels. Grab them everytime and stock up. The tiki bar outside is open to the public with an entrance straight from the Hilton. The most upsetting part of our stay is what everyone in past reviews have been talking about, non paying customers using the pool. When I checked in I asked if the situation had been resolved about the people coming in and swimming that were not guests of the hotel. I was assured that security was always checking. I never saw security, until the 4th day of our stay and at night forget it. I could tell the pool was overcrowded during our stay. You could kind of guess who was a customer and who was not. Most of the guests are familys with children On our last day they started issuing green bands and a security guy was walking aournd. I saw many people being escorted out. Some guy showed off his band to a friend in the pool and I overheard the guy say he must have paid someone for the band. It really bothered me that I am paying on average $200 a night and people are coming in off the street using the pool for free. Management did not seem to care. They stated that my ammeneties had been met and there were doing what they could by giving out wrist bands. The general manager told me I just wanted a freebie and that if I had read the reviews before I came then why did I come to stay there. I went over his head to a corporate manager and his response was this, "Wow, isn't it crazy that people love our pool so much, who would have thought so many people would want to use our pool". The general manager of the hotel also stated that the locals will rent a room for the night and bring all their friends. Most hotels I have ever stayed at this is prohibited. So essentially you get 20 of your friends together and pay $10 dollars a piece and stay at this hotel. So if you want to stay at a very nice hotel with a great restaurant but swim with people that are walking in off the street then you will love it. I won't go back. Oh, our 4 o'clock check turned into a 6 o'clock check in. We did get an apology for that but not for the non paying swimmers. Very unproffessional upper management.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
HIRPB, Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2011

Thank you for your review, I wanted to apologize for the issues you experienced during your stay. We have currently implemented a wrist band policy which requires all registered guest to have a visible wristband on to identify them. Only registered guest will have access to the hotel amenities. Thank you for your positive comments and I apologize again for letting down your expectations. I am confident that this issue will be resolved if you choose to stay with us again.

Craig Chamberlin

Reviewed June 4, 2011

We arrived at 11:00am and were greeted by a friendly, smiling staff. Our room was ready and check in was super quick. Our room was beautiful and clean. Everything worked. The housekeeping staff were sweet and helpful. The pool area was beautiful and very relaxing. The beach was easy to get to and beautiful. We hated to leave and can't wait to return. Our only concern would be the bar staff at the outside tiki bar. My husband and I were the only ones at the bar, and the bartender just couldn't seem to tear herself away from her beverage and the TV and help us. We certainly felt like we were intruding on her personal time. We ordered bahama mamas and were given Mai Tai's instead. The front desk staff that checked us out were equally happy and helpful as the ones on the first day. It was a fabulous 5 days and I highly recommend this hotel. But maybe do your drinking at Flounders.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank jennyjenny13

Thanks you so much for your positive review. You seemed to of had a great vacation. I am sorry for the issues you experienced at the outdoor bar. We can use comment like yours to know what we need to do better. I hope next time you are in town you will choose to stay with us.

Reviewed June 3, 2011

It's a nice hotel with clean quiet rooms and a great pool, but the service was horrible. The front desk liked to rudely greet us with "Did you need something?", as if we were interrupting their day. Housekeeping would leave a new roll of toilet paper next to the sink rather than replacing the completely empty roll for us (and they never replaced the empty tissue box). The restaurant was the worst. In four days, we had four different breakfast experiences each time. We had breakfast vouchers for the adults, and they claim that kids eat free with an adult. Only once did our server say everything (except gratuity) is covered and that she wouldn't even bring a check. They attempted to charge us for the kids' meals, and we had to pay for coffee. The worst was when it took them 30 minutes to fix a waffle and pancake for my kids -- and the manager didn't even bother to apologize.

If you decide to go, it is a nice hotel, and the pool is great, but they need to do some serious retraining for their staff.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank md774

Reviewed June 1, 2011

My kids and I stayed 3 nights at this hotel. I will make note that the hotel is new so it was clean and well decorated. The waterfalls were a nice touch and the lazy river was very relaxing. There were, however, some issues that were unexceptable and others should know what they're in for before booking a stay there. There was no hot water on the entire first night we were there. We spent that afternoon at the beach and pool, only to return to our room unable to take a shower. The internet was acessible for the first day and a half, last day and a half, we had no wi-fi; and this was one of the main reasons we booked this hotel (we've stayed next door 4-5 times and had no problems). Two of the three days, there were no towels at the pool. There was a conference going on in the hotel and it was completely over-run. I noticed that many of the families with children were gone after day two; I would imagine they checked out early as we almost did. This hotel has much room for improvement and I personally think they jumped the gun on opening in February (as front desk informed me). We will not be returning to this hotel.

Room Tip: No comment
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with family