1,744 results
All reviewslazy riverkids eat freeriptides restaurantfront deskpool areakids activitieshotel restaurantgreat poolfire pitgulf sideoutdoor barpool towelshousekeeping staffocean frontfamily vacationlove this placebeautiful view
Reviewed September 27, 2012

All the employs where very nice. The hotel was very clean & comfortable. Great location, walking distance to several attractions & restaurants. The beach was very nice & clean. The pool & all the kids friendly activities @ the hotel were nice. We will definently go back!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Julz714
InnisfreeMedia, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Resort Pensacola Beach, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2012

Dear Julz714,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments regarding your stay at the Holiday Inn Resort-Pensacola Beach, FL. I'm glad your family was able to experience the Lazy River Pool and various "kid friendly activities" that are scheduled throughout the summer. We especially are happy to hear that the staff and the facilities were nice, clean and comfortable...just the way we intended.

Looking forward to seeing you next year, if not sooner!

Reviewed September 25, 2012

Today is our first day here and we have enjoyed it. So far, the hotel is nice. The girl who was working the front desk this afternoon, was so helpful. The pool/lazy river is fun. View from our room is beautiful (gulf/pool view - 11th floor). However..............1) although the bathroom is pretty, it has a strong sour smell. 2) Had to unplug the refrigerator at bedtime because it had a ticking sound, sounded like a timer ticking. 3) No complimentary breakfast.......we've paid less for smaller hotels and have at least had complimentary breakfasts. They have a few choices of breakfasts in the hotel. Room service or restaurant. In the restaurant, you can get a full b'fast buffet or a continental b'fast. We decided to order room service this morning to save time getting ready for the beach. We ordered the Garden Omelet and two waffles. The "waffles" were basically waffle-patterned rubber. Cutting them was impossible, I was basically pulling pieces off and they had an odd taste. We only ate a few bites and just could not eat anymore. I called room "no-service" and asked if we could order the Denver Omelet instead and get a refund on the two waffles. The woman, who didn't even seem nice to begin with, said she would have to ask, which I perfectly understand. When she came back to the phone she said they would give me the omelet for free but I would still have to pay for the waffles. I told her I wanted to pay for the omelet and get a refund on the waffles. She got irritated and said she would have to ask again. I could hear her clearly as she was telling whoever was in charge (almost as though she wanted me to hear her). She was so huffy and intollerant. I heard her tell the other person that she didn't know why I would wait 15-20 minutes to call about it and then said I was arguing with her. I was shocked. The lady in charge got on the phone (she was nice). I told her first and foremost that I overheard every word the other woman said and I wanted to set the record straight.....I was in no way "arguing" with her, I had simply stated that the waffles were unacceptable and we would like a refund on them and then pay for the Denver Omelet. Secondly, I addressed the comment the woman made about me supposedly waiting 15-20 min. to report it. I don't know exactly how long it was, but I do know that I called the minute we realized the waffles were not edible. The lady in charge apologized and seemed concerned the woman acted as she did and said she would address the issue. I "assumed" they were going to cook the omelet and send it up. After waiting for a long time, I called back. The nasty woman answered. When I asked about the food, she said I didn't order it and then rudely said she could make one and send it to me if I wanted, as though she was doing me a favor. I just said no thank you. Went to the beach hungry. As I am typing this, I just noticed on the room service menu there is a heading titled "Best-4-Breakfast Promise........"We promise to deliver: Quality, Selection, Service and Value. If you're not satisfied with any part of your stay including your meal just let us know. We promise to make it right or you won't be charged for it. That's all part of the Holiday Inn Hospitality Promise." (funny) I'll remember this upon check out and make sure we get our money back. That incident is my only real gripe about this place and really that was just an issue with one unhappy worker. I am confident we will leave with an overall good experience.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family

Dear KVG916,

Thank you very much for sharing your first day's experience with us. I am sorry to hear that your room service experience was less than satisfactory. We certainly take pride in our staff and facilities and stand behind our Hospitality Promise. I appreciate your optimistic viewpoint and have confidence that our staff at the Holiday Inn Resort will rally together and correct the mistakes that have been made. Please contact the front desk to report any staff or room-related issues for prompt service and satisfaction. We will take immediate action toward resolving any lingering issues.

Please contact Charlie Allen CHA, General Manager, so he can discuss your review and go over the details to ensure that your satisfaction has been achieved. His email is: callen@innisfree.com, his number is: (850) 932-5331.

I certainly hope the remainder of your stay is joyful and relaxing!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed 9/22-24 for a friends wedding. It was also the same time as the DeLuna Festival a 3-day music festival in Pensacola Beach. The hotel was pretty quiet considering the festival crowd that was staying here. We stayed in room 326 which overlooked the front entrance, the parking lot, and had a great view of the Gulf and the Ferris wheel. The room has two twin beds which were very comfortable. The bathroom was large and clean. The room also has a tall mini-fridge and a microwave which is great if you wanted to buy a frozen burrito downstairs at the store. According to the staff, this is the only hotel with a lazy river and the inner tubes slowly floating around the pool looked like a lot of fun (we didn't get a chance to use the pool because of pre-wedding activities). There's also a small indoor lap pool next to the lazy river.
The fitness center was well outfitted. There are 4 treadmills, 2 ellipticals, 1 recumbent bike, a great set of free weights and a full body workout machine. There's also a very professional looking business center right next to the fitness center. The staff was friendly and accommodating. I'd definitely stay here again because a true test of how good a hotel is is during a festival and this place aced the test.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends

Dear Hoatzin1,

YEAH!!!!!

We are happy you were pleased with your stay. Yes, the De Luna Fest can be challenging to the environment, however, Pensacola Beach is a great destination. We take pride in providing the same great service no matter what day of the week or time of the year.

Hopefully you will come back and enjoy our pool, the Lazy River, while sitting in one of the relaxing innertubes.

Thank you for sharing!

Reviewed September 23, 2012

My husband and I stayed 9/14/12-9/20/12 (our second time here) and had a wonderful time. We booked our room with Priority Club points and at the time of booking, the only room type available was a "non-view" room with 2 Queen beds. We arrived on a Fri. evening and at the time, the hotel was completely booked. We asked about upgrading to a gulf-view room or a room with a king-size bed and were told to check again in a couple of days when the crowds thinned. I should note, however that our "non-view" room was on the 8th floor, and afforded a spectacular view of the bay AND the new Pensacola 360 Observation Wheel. Our room was very clean and well-appointed. We appreciated the small fridge and microwave (which come in all rooms). Beds were quite comfortable.
The lobby area is bright and clean (the whole property is very well-kept) and the desk staff were always courteous and helpful. We were given several excellent restaurant recommendations - and there are many great places to choose from! The Grand Marlin and Peg Leg Pete's were very good. We also ate a couple of times at the restaurant on-site, Riptides Sports Grill...the burgers are great and oh my goodness, the pulled pork nachos! Great service here too.
The resort has a very well equipped fitness center facing the Gulf, an indoor pool and a fantastic outdoor pool with a lazy river and waterfall. The pool deck has plenty of chairs & umbrellas, 2 hot tubs and a tiki bar. There is a walkway to the beach directly off the pool deck. And that beach is truly breathtaking.
After the weekend crowds checked out of the hotel, we asked again about either a gulf-front room or a king bed. We got both. And while our first room was really nice, our upgrade to a 9th floor gulf-front room with a king bed was perfect. There's nothing like enjoying the sunrise over the gulf from your balcony.
There were only a couple of negatives during our stay, and they were minor. During the busy weekend, we returned to our room late in the afternoon, probably 4:30 or so and our room had not been cleaned yet. We called about it and it was quickly taken care of. The other is that we wished there had been a complimentary breakfast or at least coffee offered downstairs for guests. There is a small coffee maker in each room, but I ended up bringing my own coffee maker, which really is inconvenient. Like I said, those were minor things.
Overall our stay was perfect and we will definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Leslie M

Dear Leslie M,

We are always happy to hear from our repeat guests, thank you for your loyalty! So glad we were able to accomodate your upgrade. Certainly, when it comes to our rewards program..."if we can, we will"!

Thanks for sharing your suggestions and your valued opinion!

Reviewed September 20, 2012

I spent one night at this hotel on September 9, 2012. It is a beautiful hotel, inside and out. I was told the place has only been open for a year and a half, so everything has that nice, new feel to it. Pensacola Beach is a very relaxing place to spend your vacation; I drove over from Destin, where I stayed the previous two nights, and Pensacola Beach felt so much more peaceful and quiet. There are only a handful of hotels here, and no shopping malls, so an unrushed, tranquil atmosphere permeates the entire city. The white sand is gorgeous, as is the pool and the hot tubs. The restaurant also has a relaxed feel to it, and there are several excellent restaurants nearby. I ate dinner at Flounder's, and I recommend it highly. Next time I'll stay for a week!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Dear cosybully,

Thank you for your kind words! You are right, the beach has so much to offer sometimes you just have to stand still and take it all in. Good that you were able to capture that in one day.

We look forward to you coming back to us...for at least a week!