All reviews northern cyprus decking area overlooking the sea blue song sea point a lovely stay large swimming pool short break mini bar no fuss within easy walking distance the hotel is clean places to visit calamari lovely room small balcony plenty of hot water
Reviewed October 13, 2017

Our party of 4 recently returned from a holiday in N. Cyprus, staying 10 nights at the Manolya Hotel. Overall, we were reasonably happy but not everything went smoothly. We arrived late at night, around 11:30pm, after a long day of travelling and a transfer from Larnaca airport, only to find our 2 rooms were not ready for us. This was totally unexpected and unacceptable, particularly as we had made our booking weeks before. The man at reception gave us some lame excuse and offered a few free beers to assuage us. One room was finally ready at 01.05 and the other at 01:40. We’re pretty sure that the previous occupants were leaving on night flights and would have paid extra to keep their rooms thereby depriving us of going straight in as you would normally expect. If this was the case, a sharp practice and not acceptable! We complained to the hotel rep the following morning and eventually agreed a compromise of free wi-fi (yes, this is chargeable even though some on Trip Advisor might leave you thinking otherwise) and free deposit boxes for both rooms during our stay. As it transpired, we couldn’t get the hotel wi-fi signal in room 414 (quite shabby and in need of refurbishment) and a deposit box never materialised so that was half the promised compensation never came to fruition.

Before booking, I’d read that using a wheelchair in the area close to the hotel was ok which meant we would be able to push my disabled mother around to restaurants etc. It isn’t! There are high kerbs and deep drop offs at property entrances all along the strip, which allied to uneven surfaces made going out near impossible and need of a car essential. I hadn’t pre-booked a car but upon ringing round, it quickly became apparent that no-one had a car to hire straightaway. The hotel came to our “rescue” and would have a car for us the following day. When the time came to collect the car there was no wiper attached on the driver side, damage to the rear wing and I noted there was 229,000 kms on the clock. To all intents and purposes, this looked like a privately owned car which someone was making a bit of extra cash from. After complaining to reception I was told a man would come after 2pm to deal with the wiper so I waited….. At 4.30pm he turned up without a wiper and couldn’t understand why I had an issue with it, saying it doesn’t rain in N Cyprus. I said that I wanted to be able to clean the screen when it became dusty / dirty. As it happened, a few days later we went on a trip to the Karpaz peninsula and… it rained, so wipers were needed! Anyway he went off clearly unhappy and returned half an hour later with a new wiper and fitted it to the car. By this time I had lost most of the day waiting for him and the car still hadn’t moved an inch. I wanted some return of the excessive charge for a lost day’s car hire but he kept saying he’d already given me discount on the car, which was rubbish as he’d charged way over the top for a clapped out car in the first place. I spoke to the hotel rep who had initiated the booking and he guaranteed me a return of half a day’s car hire charge but this has failed to materialise too! The following day we drove to Kyrenia and after parking up, I couldn’t get reverse gear. Upon our return to the hotel, the man was called out again and discovered some part had snapped. I told him I’d been given a bad car and wanted a replacement. He accused me of being a bad driver and I had caused the part to break and words were exchanged. It quickly became apparent that no replacement would be forthcoming so I was left in a quandary. He “repaired” the car with super glue and cable ties, yes don’t laugh and we test drove the car and despite my misgivings, we managed to use the car for the rest of our hire term without any further incidents. By the way, any advertising blurb about all cars being valeted and being subject to a computerised diagnostic check after every return, should be taken with a pinch of salt, certainly in this case!

Other than the problem with our arrival, the failure to provide what was promised, problems with the car and the manner of the man from the car hire, the rest of the time went pretty well. The rest of the staff were courteous and obliging. Would I go back there? No.

Room Tip: Don't have room 414
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank robnicho1884
Reviewed October 12, 2017

We stayed at the Manolya in October for a week. On arriving from Larnaca with no luggage, thanks to LGW Airport. The staff were so very helpful in arranging transport back to the South to collect our luggage, when it turned up. They were also aware of our problem and were very attentive to ensure we new where to purchase the items we needed. Thank you very much, it was very much appreciated.
We stayed in a very nice modernised room, which was serviced daily, to a very good standard. The breakfast was a good verity of Turkish/European foods, and to many fresh fruits to mention. Lovely pool area, with plenty of beds, and direct access to the sea by numerous sets of steps. As we were a late flight home, we were allowed to access to our room until late afternoon, which was a bonus. Excellent location to some rather goods restaurants, just walking distance away. We will be going back again.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Mehmetmd69, Genel Müdür at Manolya Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded yesterday

Dear GUEST,

Thank you for taking the time to share your pleasant review with our fellow travelers. We are delighted to hear that your stay was fantastic and fully appreciated.
Our accommodations are simply designed for a relaxing holiday, amenities are provided and rooms are cleaned every day. A few steps from the beautiful beach and the azure sea, our guests will certainly appreciate the best Mediterranean feeling.
We make sure to provide impeccable hospitality to all our guests throughout their stay for a memorable vacation!

Reviewed October 10, 2017 via mobile

We had a short break in October and we decided to come to Cyprus. We have chosen Manolya Hotel. Everything is fantastic. The food is delicious, organic, fresh. The service is great. The owner of the hotel, Mehmet is brilliant, very helpful. We forget to book a rental car when we book the hotel. We call directly to the hotel just before we catch the plane to Cyprus. When we arrived to Cyprus, our car was at the airport. Thanks to Mehmet sorting it out for us with a short notice. Thanks to all staff for being polite and helpful. See you next time.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear GURKAN A

Reviewed October 3, 2017

My wife & I have been coming to the Manolya for many years now, usually only on short stays as we live in the south. We have seen it grow with all the alterations over this time & this is down to Mehmet, his family & all the staff & owners associated with the hotel.
It is & always has been a great place to stay, handy for everywhere in Northern Cyprus.
As i said, I have had the pleasure of knowing Mehmet for all these years, & he still greets us when he sees us. This time was in the restaurant at breakfast. The rooms have been further upgraded & are very comfortable, as there is plenty of hot water at all times & free wifi in the rooms as well as reception. We will be back again in November.
Thanks for a great stay.

Room Tip: All very good in our opinion
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear GOODODLBOB,

Reviewed September 30, 2017

Spent a lovely relaxing week at Manolya, staff are very helpful and pleasant. We were given a pool side room which was not to our liking and next morning asked to be moved and were given a new room that day. We understand the pool rooms will be upgraded soon. The buffet breakfast had plenty of choice. Restaurants nearby the hotel are all great and ATM across the road from hotel.

Thank you everyone at the Manolya Hotel for a lovely stay.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple