All reviews wedding venue ceremony room beautiful venue lovely wedding ran like clockwork from start to finish run smoothly wedding breakfast daughter's wedding guests commented on how everything ran smoothly bar prices bride and groom maintained grounds the wow factor bridal suite night porter
Reviewed February 22, 2018 via mobile

got married june last year 5 star hotel the staff was fantastic and could not do to much for us. If you are thinking of getting married there go have a look around I promise you will book it. The fact you have it all to yourself so no random people walking through is fantastic.

Date of stay: February 2018
2  Thank tonto1987
Reviewed February 4, 2018

Well first impression is ok it’s certainly not a 5* place as it shows on its website it also says it’s a castle hotel which it’s not the original castle is down the road about 1.5mile
When we arrived I was very disappointed in the rooms as we booked a family room and when I opened the door it was a double bed with stupid camp bends put down in each corner of the room to make up the extra beds. Management were not the slightest bit interested We are fully booked various people complaining about this my friends had to squeeze 3off them in a double bed due to the stupid camp beds which only a 5year old could fit in. There is also a railway line right at the end of the building so you do hear trains going by 24/7
This management Simon was just totally an ignorant person full stop to everyone On the first night he would not even put out extra plates for the buffet the. General staff at bar and breakfast could not do enough for you they were excellent they should teach management manners.
They just use the example captive audience your here now so your stuck with it Bar prices we not cheep/moderated So my advice is make sure you take your own carry out with you.
Food was excellent both dinner,lunch, breakfast
All round it’s only about 3*Never 5* very pricey for what you get value for money hence they just use it for weddings etc to use the Money making attitude Last thing I want to say here is the road up to this place is horrendous conditions with holes snow was on when we arrived so holes were getting covered up But when we left rain was on and when you seen the state of this road Never attempt to bring a low profile car with low suspension up it as your sills will get caught in the holes.

Room tip: Book along at moffet best western hotel
8  Thank grahamperrins
Reviewed January 22, 2018

Was at the castle for a wedding, and was thoroughly impressed. Absolutely stunning looking building, though sadly it doesnt seem to be lit up at night any more. Everything else was amazing though, highly recommended place.

1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed January 9, 2018 via mobile

We attended a family wedding here for a weekend and I have to say it is a beautiful castle, set in lovely grounds and was a lovely wedding venue. The service for the wedding was perfect and the wedding breakfast was delicious and both well presented and perfectly served. Overall I think they worked very hard to make the whole wedding experience both for the couple and guests, exceptional.
So why the rating you ask......well what let it down for me as a guest, was the accommodation and some other services. Our room had a lovely outlook over the lake, but it was quite tired and had no working radiator on a night which was -7c, although they did provide an electric heater. The mattress was uncomfortable and the bed only a normal sized double. For the price of the room I expected more. The breakfasts also were not the standard I would expect at this price point. All buffet style and I couldn’t have anything hot as when I asked for the vegetarian option, the young girl looked lost and offered me eggs or potato cakes, but the eggs were in with bacon when I looked and so I explored no further.
Over all I think it’s a lovely building and beautiful wedding venue and while I fully appreciate it is a private venue and not a hotel, the accommodation and food service outside of the wedding, was not at a standard which matched the cost of the rooms.

6  Thank John1010uk
Reviewed December 30, 2017

This place reminds me of the "Cluedo" mansion, you know.., where Miss Scarlet did it with the lead piping in the library..
All the trappings..., suits of armour, tartan, oak panelling, grand staircases etc. Would make a superb venue for a murder mystery weekend. There are one or two things they could perhaps do better- I have a better sound system in my car than the one they used for the wedding speeches - but the place is so brimming with character and authenticity that Im not going to nit-pick. Friendly staff etc
Moffat itself is a charming little place too
We had a great time.