“Walking lunch”

Price range: US$13 - US$26
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: County pub full of charm with a modern twist.
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

A group of us walked from Youlgreave to Moneyash 2 weeks ago and we had an excellent lunch with some great beer in the Bulls Head
Excellent service and a lovely hot fire with great company
We’ll be back

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

The Bulls Head is a charming village pub in a particularly lovely part of the Peaks. Atmosphere was warm and cozy with some stylish decor. Busy but welcoming.

Both beers we tried we're great and we we're more than ready for dinner when a table became available. Service was efficient and surprisingly quick given the place was packed.

I had the lamb cutlets which were delicious. Cooked to perfection. Sadly my partner's lasagne was far less appetising. Largely devoid of flavour it actually contained no 'lasagne verdi' and only a small amount of very overcooked (almost disintegrated) plain lasagne. The half inch thick layer of bechamel sauce on top was a bit odd too.

This little pub gets a lot of things right but I'd probably stick to menu items cooked fresh in future.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Friendly welcome and food of high quality with very large quantities. Only visit if you’re really hungry.
Nice atmosphere and busy country pub.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I love this pub. It was the first time we had eaten I the restaurant as we have eaten in the bar before. Lovely atmosphere. Attentive polite staff. I asked if they could cut up my meat in the kitchen as I have broken my arm. They didn't bat an eye lis and did it. The food was very good and large portions. We all had very good meals at a reasonable price. Defiantly will be back . This is a good pub if out walking in the area as 'dogs and muddy boots' are welcome in the bar.

1  Thank scaryDerbyshire
Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

The 3rd time we have called in and eaten since January. Every time get a warm welcome from smiling pleasant staff. Ate in the bar this time and another fantastic meal at realistic prices. Great value for the amount and quality of the home cooked food. Good choice on the menu as well as an extensive specials board. Other half had a rack of spare ribs and it looked superb,personally had the 'hot' chilli which was equally as good. Keep up the good work.