All reviews northern cape augrabies falls guest house fantastic stay black swans rooms are spacious place to stay the main road swimming pool lamb shank scrambled eggs nice room cheesecake bottle of water national park road trip orange river
Reviewed May 5, 2017

If you are a fussy person when it comes to sleeping, then this is definitely a good choice. Their rooms are 5* luxury and the service is fantastic. They had everything we needed and we had such a comfortable stay. Also try their restaurant for great meals and interesting cocktails. The owner really takes pride in this place, and it shows.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2017 via mobile

To Des, Antoinette, Mary, Germany, Elize, Deon, Carike, Mandla, Philothea, Eileen, Loryn , Eleen, Loryn and the owners:Niel and Anelma Steenkamp. Wow wow. The decor, car wash if needed, the food and the service are excellent. Just a pity you are 800km away because this is a place I really would like to visit more often. The personnel do not bother you at the restaurant while enjoying wine and food . They will wait until you sit back and is not eating or taking a sip before they will come to you and ask if everything is ok or do you need something.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 3, 2017

We were quite surprised at how lovely the food was at their restuarant. We had dinner with friends and thoroughly enjoyed it. Breakfast wasnt that great, but the staff were amazing and always smiling and willing to help. They even packed our one breakfast for the road, so we didnt lose out.
Rooms were clean and neat. I think the bathroom needed renovation as it isnt as modern as the rooms, but there isnt anything wrong with it.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed May 2, 2017

I first booked at Vergelegen for 27 Dec 2015, but just four days before leaving, my father passed away unexpectedly and I was forced to cancel my trip. I got in touch with the guesthouse to let them know that I wasn't going to be able to make it and to ask if we could reschedule. I didn't really follow up with them. After nearly 18 months, my partner and I finally decided to take our scheduled trip to the Northern Cape. When I got in touch with Vergelegen, I didn't expect them to honour the booking from so long ago, but they did. I noted that in the intervening time, the room prices had increased, but they didn't ask me to pay any extra. Our stay was really wonderful, the guest house is beautiful and the settings are really lovely. The food that we ate was also incredibly tasty - I had a kudu pie which, while the pastry wasn't as crispy as I'd hoped, tasted absolutely fantastic. This is a lovely place, and I'd definitely recommend staying here.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 8, 2017

When you enter the Vergelegen Guesthouse on the way to the Reception, you pass the courtyard with the bar and the restaurant (both open to the public) and the pool with lounge-chairs for some refreshing from the summer heat. There are a few rooms alongside the pool, but the more quiet and private ones are in some newer additions to the rear of the property.
The rooms are spacious and modern designed, with kingsize bed, 32" satellite TV, AC, fridge, kettle, safe and a working desk. There is only limited storage space in a single door closet located in bathroom. The bathroom offers the basics, and comes with a shower cabin, sink and toilette.

Room Tip: The Rooms in the rear are new and quiet
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple