“Great b and b”
Review of Pavilion House

Pavilion House
Ranked #1 of 4 Dullingham B&B and Inns
Reviewed 16 May 2017

Having booked this very last minute due to my cats emergency it was nice to have a very comfortable quiet clean place to stay while he was in the AHT. Lovely room with all the amenities. Bathroom not ensuite but didn't meet or hear any other guests so no problem.
Breakfast was excellent . Lovely comfortable bed with superb duvet.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
gmb53, Owner at Pavilion House, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2017

Thank you very much for your kind review. We are most grateful when guests take the time to do this and especially if they have enjoyed their stay. We really do try very hard to "get it right".
I do hope that your cats are fully recovered. Best wishes, Gretta

Reviewed 27 March 2017

This was a great B&B doing both Bed and Breakfast very well!

The hosts, David & Gretta, made me feel very welcome and were exceedingly accommodating to my requests. Both by email before my stay and then in person during. Not to mention their exceedingly friendly dogs!

The house and room were comfy and clean. I had one of the most peaceful nights sleep I've had in ages! So quiet and relaxing.

Breakfast - fresh fruit & omelette (using eggs from their own chickens) - was delicious and super fresh. They offered cereal, fry-up, granola, toast and more if I had wanted them.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 March 2017

Warm welcoming hosts with a genuine desire to make your stay one of comfort and ease. Beautiful home & garden good for the soul! Spotless clean, luxurious and 1st class breakfast. A kind & happy home.

Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 November 2016

I stayed here for one night whilst working at a local vet hospital. David was very welcoming when i got there and Gretta was very lovely in the morning, making me breakfast to order and even made me a sandwich for lunch! I am terrible for sleeping anywhere other than my own bed but was pleasantly surprised at how well i slept. Very comfy bed and peaceful b&b. A very lovely brown Labrador for cuddles at breakfast too :)

• Stayed: November 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2016

This B & B is a must visit for people staying in Newmarket or the surrounding area. The owners David and Gretta are very friendly and accommodating with nothing being any trouble.We stayed in the double room which was was very clean with a very big comfy bed, we had 2 great nights sleep. The breakfasts were delicious and perfectly cooked, especially the porridge and the nice fresh eggs straight from the hens in the garden. The large gardens are lovely and well maintained. Overall this is a truly wonderful B a B which we can't wait to return too. Thanks again David & Gretta & Brora (the dog).

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 July 2016

My husband and I had the great pleasure of staying at Pavilion House for two nights in June. While we've both lived in and travelled the UK many times, we have never had a better B&B experience. From Gretta's friendly greeting to our beautifully appointed room, it was a perfectly wonderful experience. The breakfast was excellent and on the first morning Gretta asked what I would like to sweeten my oatmeal. When I asked for maple syrup (we're Canadians, of course) she said she had run out of it. Sure enough, maple syrup appeared on the table the following morning. The house is elegant yet comfortable, the grounds are beautiful to wander through and the hospitality could not have been warmer. I highly recommend Pavillion House.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 July 2016

We have just returned from an 8 week trip around UK & Ireland using 41 different B&Bs and rank Pavillion House amongst the better ones we stayed in.

It is located in a rural area near the quaint village of Dullingham quite close to Newmarket and has a most wonderful garden. Off street parking is also available.

Owners Gretta & David were extremely friendly & helpful making us feel very welcome. They also did everything possible to ensure we had a great time staying with them.

The room we stayed in overlooked the beautiful & well maintained garden. It was very clean, tastefully decorated and had separate bath room which had bath plus separate shower with good quality towels & toiletries provided.

Breakfasts were superb. They were well cooked and nicely presented and served in a pleasant room.
Definitely recommend Gretta’s homemade granola and fantastic omelettes.

We both thoroughly enjoyed our time here and only regret that we could not have stayed longer. We would definitely recommend this B&B.

Thank you again Gretta & David. It was a real pleasure to meet you both.

Our very best wishes for the future.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Been to Pavilion House? Share your experiences!