All reviews travelzoo deal delamere forest oulton park pizza oven steak and ale pie family meal evening meal both nights no lift glass of prosecco cooked breakfast cheshire oaks small hotel modern bathroom both mornings large tv cooked to perfection
Reviewed December 18, 2017

We recently stayed here for 3 nights. Having booked late there were only standard rooms left which was fine. The room was quite small with a very small shower room but it was modern and comfortable. The evening meal in the restaurant was excellent and breakfasts were good too. All staff were very friendly and helpful although occasionally a bit forgetful! If in the area again we will definitely stay here again but if possible in a bigger room.

Date of stay: November 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 13, 2017

We recently had the pleasure of staying at the Royal oak for two weeks whilst working in the area. The Bar/Dining area is thoughtfully laid out and well presented, the restaurant and bar staff were very friendly, helpfull and professional. The rooms are comfortable, modern and clean, generally we felt the owners and staff should be complimented on their attention to detail and quality of service that really made our stay. Prices for the rooms and food were very reasonable as the quality of the food was way above normal pub standard. Just one gripe, heating was not turned on in the bedrooms untill 5.30 pm, we visited in December when temperatures were around 4 degress centigrade! However to their credit, the management did turn heating on when we reported this to them. Overall recommended for the excellent food and accomodation and great service from all the staff.

Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed December 9, 2017

Visited here recently for a family meal. We were given a private room, the ambience of which added to our enjoyment. The staff were very attentive, nothing seemed too much trouble and the food first class. We couldn't have asked for more

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank angieste
Reviewed December 3, 2017 via mobile

A little over a week ago I dined at the pub alongside my wife and her mother and the food was excellent. The service also excellent. The only issue was the apple and blackberry crumble which contained no blackberries. We told the waitress and she apologised and kindly offered us another dessert. At that point two of us had already finished our desserts and didn't fancy waiting for a replacement so we declined the offer. However while we was finishing up our drinks a different waiter brought over a new crumble. We again declined the offer and did state that we had already told the waitress that we no longer wanted another dessert. As we enjoyed the food so much I decided to book us in again alongside my parents and brother who had never been. I requested to specifically book the room with the circular table for 6 people at 16:00, which the waitress confirmed but stated that we would have to be out the room for 18:00 which was fine with me.

Today I dined at the pub with my parents and it was completely the polar opposite experience. Crap. We arrived late, at 16:15, which I have to admit isn't great timekeeping but I felt we could still order, eat and vacate the room before 18:00. When we arrived the waiter (who wasn't there on the first visit) now said that we could no longer have that room and completely denied we had even booked that room. He said the table was for 8 people, which I can't argue with, but my point of anguish is - how was I allowed to book the table in the first place knowing the party I was bringing was less than 8 people!! My parents are elderly and didn't fancy having to find somewhere else to eat even though I would have happily gone somewhere else. Firstly, the waiter who served us came across rude and disinterested. He poured water for 3 out of the 5 glasses on the table which was strange and for my glass he missed the glass and poured water onto the table. The waitress however was delightful and extremely attentive whenever she came over. I ordered the turkey Sunday lunch and the roast potatoes were small and hard and it hardly came with any gravy. My mums meal was a vegetarian burger which she said was very dry and bland - we did tell the waitress this and said she would tell the chef. Also the chips were very hard and dry. What a difference a week makes!

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed November 20, 2017

We booked a room for our daughters 40th Birthday recently, when we arrived the table had all been laid out and the staff immediately came up to us to ask what else we needed.
Every member of staff especially John were amazing and nothing was too much trouble, the food and the service was excellent.
The day went exceptionally well and we would heartily recommend the Royal Oak for a visit.
Thank you to all of the staff at the Royal Oak...Well done !!

Trip type: Travelled with family