“Lovely stay”

and 1 more site!
Lurig View Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #2 of 4 Glenariff B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 May 2012

Stayed at Lurig View for a couple of nights after getting married at Laragh Lodge. Rose is very welcoming and treats all guests as friends. Rooms clean, comfortable and well equipped. Would recommend.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rose W, Owner at Lurig View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2012

Thank you for your kind comments, we were very happy to have you in our home as guests, & leaving as friends. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hopefully you will return again in future.

Lurig View B&B

Reviewed 26 April 2012

The Lurig View B&B is situated in the beautiful Glens of Antrim. Our room was spacious and clean and the radiators were always on (it was a cold april!). The ensuite bathroom was very nice, and the owner Rose couldn't have been more accommodating. She made a fantastic breakfast and couldn't have been helpful enough.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Rose W, Owner at Lurig View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 27 April 2012

Many thanks for your kind comments. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. We were delighted to have you as a guest in our home. Hopefully you will return again in the future.

Lurig view B&B

Reviewed 12 April 2012

A lovely B&B, good value for the price, Friendly owners & lovely breakfast, Very helpful with details of local attractions & places to eat
Wireless availible in the rooms

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
Rose W, Owner at Lurig View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 29 April 2012

Thank you for your comments, it was lovely to have you as a guest in our home. Glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you return again in future.

Reviewed 9 April 2012

Our trip dates back to a couple of months and I usually wipe out bad memories. In that very circumstance, though, I still remember one of the worst welcome I have ever had in Ireland (I have to say I am used to going over there almost every 2 months either for leisure or work). At our arrival the landlady gave us a "oh I thought you were a man" which is surprising enough (what was the purpose of such a remark?) and then the 4 of us ended up in a 4-bed room instead of the 2 double rooms we had booked with a "anyway it is exactly the same thing you have four beds in the end!" from our landlady. I had to negotiate the day after to get a very small reduction for this; in addition we had a sleepless night as when in the 4-bed room you hear everything which is said in the living room; apparently our landlords had guests this very night. There is no garden just a parking for your car. A very unpleasant place. Avoid at all costs.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Rose W, Owner at Lurig View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 1 May 2012

I am very sorry you did'nt enjoy your stay with us. As you can see on trip advisor, we normally receive postive reviews. I am obviously concerned that you were not happy. Can you please get in touch with me directly, so that i can confirm the details of your trip. I would like to investigate this further for you. I'm sure you can appreciate it is disappointing for us to get a negative review. The welcome you described dos'nt match the level of hospitatily for which we are known. I'm also slightly confused as we dont have any rooms with 4 beds. i would like to get to the bottom of things myself. please get in touch at lurigviewacom@btinternet.com

Kind regards

Rose

Reviewed 29 March 2012

My first night of 7 in Ireland.
Lovely house - Rose Ward very welcoming and helpful.
I doubt whether any guest will be disappointed.

Room Tip: I think you will be offered the best available room.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Rose W, Owner at Lurig View Bed and Breakfast, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2012

Thank you for your kind comments. We were delighted to have you as our guest in our home, glad you enjoyed your stay. Hope you will return again in future.

Reviewed 27 December 2011

We were driving up the Antrim coast when darkness hit and we decided instead of missing the views along the way we would find somewhere to pull in and call it a day. That’s when we came across Lurig View B&B by complete chance. We had a lovely stay in a beautifully clean room with an ensuite. Rose went out of her way to ensure we had everything we needed. She then recommended a beautifully scenic restaurant up the road to have a meal at. All in all, we recommend this place for the lovely food, people and scenery. We were very lucky to have stumbled across this remarkable find.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple

Many thanks for your lovely comments. We were delighted you stayed in our b&b, and enjoyed your stay. Hopefully you will return again in the future.

Reviewed 17 June 2011

A spotlessly clean B&B offering good value in a great location. Reliable WiFi and an offer to garage my motorcycle under cover were much appreciated.

Owners were pleasant and helpful.

Would certainly use again.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled solo

Been to Lurig View Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!