All reviews central america watch the sunset cool place party treehouse lake hostel jungle rum ometepe cat nature farm
Reviewed July 27, 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend and I stayed in a private room at this hostel and the private accommodations were incredibly gross. The open windows blowing in leaves and bugs were fine and expected, but our room had blood smeared on the wall and used dental flossers under a layer of dirt and dead bugs. There were also 2 wasps nests above the bed. When we asked if someone could do something about the wasps we got eye rolls from the staff and were told they could do nothing. We were told we could pay more for a different room if we had a problem with the nests. Someone did come to wipe the blood off the wall with a wet rag though... Also, the food seemed expensive for what you were getting. Our friend that was traveling with us got a burger and the ground beef was completely red and raw. The staff didn't offer him a new one. He was so hungry he was actually considering eating the raw meat! The staff then couldn't find someone who had ordered a burrito so they offered him the unclaimed meal.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
2  Thank Kim M
Reviewed July 27, 2016

They don't take reservations so I wasn't able to stay there the first night that I was in Ometepe. The next morning I was there right at 11am to get a room and I found that they do fill up quickly!

This hostel was pretty much hands down the best experience of my entire trip in Central America. I met some of the best people ever. Be prepared to drink because this is the party hostel of the island.

• Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed July 24, 2016 via mobile

Had a horrible time at little Morgan's. The owner was creepy as s%+#, hassling all the women in my group. He was definitely high on something else. Aside from this the staff are on their last leg of youthfulness, and are making up for it by trying to drink you under the table. As a result of this several bills wear horribly incorrect the next day. Apparently math is hard. Really and truly do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled with friends
3  Thank Beaufort P
Reviewed July 7, 2016 via mobile

Set off the road just off the lake this place has a bit of a magical vibe in terms of the lush vegetation and swarms of beautiful butterflies and birds fluttering around. Add in dogs, cats, pigs, chickens and ducks and it's an animal lovers heaven. Food was good, a little expensive but probably expected on a little island. The rooms were extremely basic and kind of open so leaves and bugs and stuff got in, but if you like being at one with nature you'll like it! It was a bit too party-orientated for us but that's the only negative!

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed July 4, 2016

I went to the Nicaragua for my vacation after 4 years of working without any breaks. My family and i decided to stop at Little Morgan's one evening and it was disgusting. We found the restaurant to be completely dark. When my cousin went to the bar to ask for a menu, which was disappointing enough.. you would think they would come to the table to offer assistance. My cousin asked the servers behind the bar why there were no lights when they rudely told him that "we don't think its cool to have a no lights at the bar, its clearly out in this region". I heard rumors that only tourists were allowed there, that they did not want actual residents in their bar. However, rumor is rumor. My family background is from Nicaragua. Seems to be like we were just a few shades to dark to receive welcoming service. In addition, when we asked for a candle for our table, they said they didn't have anymore because they had given them all to the tourists. With further explanation needed, my family and I left. You might like this location if you are of light complexion and enjoy drinking and eating where pigs sleep. Literally, there were pigs sleeping right under our table. Coming from Miami, this ambiance was of little appeal to me.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family