All reviews private room volcan concepcion island volcano hammocks
Reviewed November 16, 2017 via mobile

This hostel has a great location on the northern side of the smaller island, with stunning views of Vulcan Conception. They have a few chillout spots that make you want to lay in a hammock all day.

That being said, check your room before you agree to it. The first room I stayed in had mould on the walls and was just too stuffy and hot to sleep in (#5).
My private room was perfect tho.
The bathrooms are VERY basic (like frogs in your baño and the shower is just a pipe running freezing water).

The staff is very friendly and will do anything for you. The food is good. Have a margarita and enjoy!

Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed May 19, 2017 via mobile

The Hostel is right in Santa Cruz at the intersection of the two running busses which is really facilitating transport. From the garden you can see Volcan Concepcion.

The dorm I stayed in was super smelly and had mold on the walls. The smell of mold was so bad I got a headache the next day. Wouldn't recommend to stay in the dorm but heard the other rooms were nicer.

Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed April 3, 2017 via mobile

This is truly the best hostel on the island. Little Morgan's and Lazy Crab are popular but total gross dumps. I went to many hostels in search of somewhere to stay so I know. My room was very clean, no bugs seen actually. It's important to know that Ometepe is an island and we are in Nicaragua, there will be bugs! But this hostel is not infested like many of the others. Amazing views for sunset watching. It's in a good location. Close to sites that are popular, including Ojo de Agua natural springs. This is important because transport around the island is spars with public buses and cabs are very expensive! Claudestinos is an excellent restaurant right by the hostel. And the best place to book your kayaking or volcano hikes.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed March 2, 2017 via mobile

It's the worst hostel! My friends and I slept with scorpions and spiders. In the bathroom we had a spider nest. We couldn't sleep because some strangers were spying on us. Never take room number 1 !

Stayed: February 2017, travelled with friends
3  Thank AlejandroZ820
Reviewed January 9, 2017 via mobile

This hostel was a disappointment. I paid $30 for a private room and it was so gross. The walls were so dirty I felt like I was in a pay by the hr motel. There were so many random bugs you had to run in and out of your room to keep them out. It is in the middle of nowhere. Beach is not inviting to swim in nearby. Good food though. Staff didn't provide any info about the island. No extra activities on Xmas. Great view of San a Cristóbal but definitely not worth it. No kitchen.

Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo