1,801 results
All reviews spaghetti house kids club island night garden room fish feeding tennis courts beach front crab activities hut spa bath edge water beachfront deluxe suite daily activities games room tropical breakfast cocktail hour school holidays
Reviewed September 17, 2011

We arrived early morning Tuesday 6th September. Were taken to our rooms my brother and I, room. Everything was fine there although there was a very foul smell coming from the bottom of our stairs, (sewage like). That was the only put of for me, breakfast was great a lot to choose from.

It is affordable to stay in, If I was to return i would proberbly upgrade to a better room as we stayed in a garden view room. enjoyed the island heaps scooter riding, food awesome!

Will be returning with my family on the next trip there.

If you are looking for an affordable placed to go with the kiddies this is an awesome place, friendly, kid friendly and affordable.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank kailejade
Jennie G, Director of Sales at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2011

Kia Orana kailejade,
Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on your recent stay here with us at The Edgewater Resort & Spa. In regards to the smell you experienced, we did have a blockage around the time you were staying, and this was recitified the same day, however it took 2-3 days for the odour to disappear.
We have several room categories within the Resort ranging from Garden Rooms, Garden Superior, Lagoon View, Beachfront Deluxe and 3-bedroom villas, which give our guests a wide range depending on their perference and budgets. We have a fantastic Coconut Kids Club here at the Resort which is free to all children from 4-12 years, and has proved extremely popular with both parents and children! Again, thank you for posting your review. We are delighted you had a great time here and look forward to welcoming you and your family back here again in the near future.

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I found the staff to be very friendly and if you took the time to talk to them, their input improved my holiday.
I note some other reviewers seem to be complaining too much.
Perhaps if they took the time to really relax and not look for faults everywhere, they may have enjoyed their stay more.
Everything that you could possibly require was provided and if the TV was too small - why bother to leave home if you only wanted to watch telly?
I could go on, but why bother?
The point is, I feel that a holiday is what you make it.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
4  Thank Barry R
Edgewater R, Sales & Marketing at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2011

Kia Orana Barry R,
Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay with us at The Edgewater Resort & Spa. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay with us and got to experience our true Cook Islands hospitality. We have passed your comments on to all our staff who appreciate feedback on their service and friendliness. Again, thank you for taking the time to post your comments and we look forward to welcoming you back to our Resort in the future!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

We had a great holiday, the atmosphere at the edgewater is great especially for families. The staff are all very friendly. We dined at both the restaurants and found the food very good, nothing flash but it all tasted good, we only had one incident where we had to wait over 1/2 an hour to get served, but we just went to the bar and told someone and were served straight away no big deal. People are right some of the rooms need some TLC but they were very clean and tidy, I was happy with our room and lets face it you dont spend that much time in your room its really only a place to shower and sleep. Island Night was awesome, food was fantastic. We found all the facilities good. Our daughter loved the Kids Club and the Crab Racing. I would describe the resort as having that relaxed beach atmosphere to it. Just relax people and have fun. Also for those of you who have a sense of humour you must do Captain Tama's Logoon Cruises.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Niksdays
Jennie G, Sales & Marketing at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Kia Orana Niksdays,
Thank you for posting your review via TripAdvisor and your recommendation. Please to know that you had a wonderful time with us and had a great holiday. We will pass on your great comments to our Heads of Department re-our friendly staff whom they rendered a great service to your family during your stay and not too mentioned our kids club which your daughter loved so dear. Crab racing are hilarious and the kids loves to see them racing out of the centre whilst the first one comes out the outside ring first will be branded the winner . The Adults also love this sort of activities and they had this on the Adults daily activities programme. We are featuring Tuesdays & Saturdays for island night buffet dinner and show and they are 2 separate dance group performing. Glad to hear that you had a relaxing holiday with a lot of fun.
We welcome you back to our shore at anytime and please do let us know your future plan.
With Many thanks!

Reviewed September 15, 2011

I traveled with a big group that arrived in the early hours of the morning and we all had to drag our own luggage to our own rooms while the hotel staff were barking directions at us, very militia like.
The rooms are okay. However, the wall are quite thin. I could hear the family next door. Their kids were noisy up until 10pm every night. The location is decent. There's a small beach behind the hotel, but the wave break close to shore on hard reef, so not for the inexperienced swimmer.
The food at the hotel is sort of a euro-nz-italian cuisine. There was limited local food selection on the menu. The tap water in the cook islands is not disinfected so I charged soda and water to my room everyday. I didn't know those bottles cost $6 each until I saw my room bill when I checked out.
I expected more from this resort given the price of their rooms and food.
If you want a good night's sleep, get a room away from the restaurant. The one highlight was the dance troupe, which was one of the more authentic looking ones of the 4 that I saw the week I was there.

Date of stay: July 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank mkn006
Reviewed September 14, 2011

the rooms are not so tidy - needs vacuuming
the linen is faded,
free breakfast is sad - if you want meat (eg. egg/ham/bacon) you need to pay for it as separate
we were on the second floor - no lift - long walk

Room tip: choose ground floor rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank travellingdoctor48
Jennie G, Director of Sales at The Edgewater Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2011

Kia Orana travellingdoctor48,

Thank you for posting your comments on your recent stay with us at The Edgewater Resort & Spa. We are sorry your expectations of our Resort were not met. We are unsure of whether you booked your accommodation directly or with a travel agent, and feel that perhaps you may not have been informed or investigated what our Resort has to offer. We have a number of room categories on the property that enable guests to match their budget with the style of accommodation they choose. We would have been happy to place you on a ground floor had you requested this and if another room was available. Our daily complimentary breakfast for all guests is the Tropical breakfast consisting of home made breads, muffins, cereals, fresh island fruit, tea & coffee. As with most resorts around the world, a cooked breakfast is not usually part of any package unless you are on an all-expenses paid deal. By the title of your comment, it sounds like you are a fisherman, so we do hope you got to have some good fishing experiences in our deep blue waters!