“Wow ,best pie ever and a chef who can do wonders with cabbage ”
Review of Red Lion Winfrith

Red Lion Winfrith
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 30, 2020 via mobile

Wow , called in on my way from Dorchester , was t sure if was open at first parked next to the mobile fish n chip van and wandered to pub door , was open being Tier 2 during Covid and was .
We was early about 12:30 pm on Tuesday 29th December 2020 , the two young men behind the bar was nice and friendly and was lighting the cosy fires , my partner and I ordered steak / merlot & Turkey / ham pie, chips and veg . I can honestly say the pie was the best homemade pie I have ever tasted and the pastry was perfect , the chips was homemade wedged and served with roasted carrots and cabbage ( another couple asked the chef how the cabbage was cooked as it was delicious- he replied “ the polish way”. The chef came out to the bar and we chatted and he said it was nice during the quiet lockdown Covid times to be able to experiment with new food ideas .
We was so satisfied we had no room for a pudding , if ever we are in the area again I will defiantly call in for lunch again .
The £ 11.95 for my meal was well under what should be charged for a lovely filling freshly cooked meal . Well done to staff and manger/ chef

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Shazzery
Write a reviewReviews (265)

Reviewed November 18, 2020

scammers. did not pay £ 35 for the hired transport. The reason: because the thing you bought is not working. He bought it untested ~(seen advertising). and in their opinion external driver is responsible for it. Avoid as they are hungry at £ 35. Common scammers. Very bad people

Reviewed November 1, 2020

Thank You to amazing staff who looked after us so well. Very helpful, anything we asked for wasn't a trouble. Food was very tasty and fresh. Room was clean and cosy. My expectations were lower and I was really happy. Great vloue for money, nice full english breakfast included in our room rate.

Reviewed October 27, 2020 via mobile

Have driven past numerous times but never called in until by chance today, when we decided to have lunch there.
Both the quality and quantity of the food together with the friendly service were excellent and this, together with it being a dog friendly pub means that we won’t just be driving past in the future.

Reviewed October 20, 2020

Popped in for dinner when staying at a nearby Airbnb on our cycling trip. Great service from the friendly landlady and a very decent meal with plentiful portions. Felt like the pub was taking Covid safety seriously, which really helped to make a pleasant and relaxing evening.