“RACIST!!”

Red Lion Winfrith
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Went for food and a drink with a group of friends, overheard a table nearby complain about polish customers to member of staff saying that “we don’t like the polish around here” . Member of staff proceeded to say that “ doesn’t mind the polish, it’s the p*kis I don’t like”. Me and the group I was with were disgusted. Will never visit again. Don’t support racist pubs!!!

3  Thank 779dannip
Write a reviewReviews (270)

Reviewed May 2, 2021

Avoid - Did not expect expensive prices like that from a catering van but thought maybe the quality would make up for it - Unfortunately not - Stone cold chips which were blackened and either skinny or 1/4 potato size and full of eyes. Greasy batter and very cheap ketchup. No napkins.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank Kate1138
Reviewed April 18, 2021 via mobile

We stopped here today for a drink and got tempted by the riast dinners. So glad we did, absolutely epic!
Masses of melt in your mouth meat, huge Yorkshire pud, roast parsnips and potatoes, and even the veg was treated with love, perfectly seasoned and delicious. Green beans, roasted carrots, cauliflower cheese and the most amazing creamed veg which I could have eaten on its own it was so amazing. All smothered in gravy.
I kid you not this was an amazing meal, good price and huge portions. Cannot recommend enough!

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed December 30, 2020 via mobile

Wow , called in on my way from Dorchester , was t sure if was open at first parked next to the mobile fish n chip van and wandered to pub door , was open being Tier 2 during Covid and was .
We was early about 12:30 pm on Tuesday 29th December 2020 , the two young men behind the bar was nice and friendly and was lighting the cosy fires , my partner and I ordered steak / merlot & Turkey / ham pie, chips and veg . I can honestly say the pie was the best homemade pie I have ever tasted and the pastry was perfect , the chips was homemade wedged and served with roasted carrots and cabbage ( another couple asked the chef how the cabbage was cooked as it was delicious- he replied “ the polish way”. The chef came out to the bar and we chatted and he said it was nice during the quiet lockdown Covid times to be able to experiment with new food ideas .
We was so satisfied we had no room for a pudding , if ever we are in the area again I will defiantly call in for lunch again .
The £ 11.95 for my meal was well under what should be charged for a lovely filling freshly cooked meal . Well done to staff and manger/ chef

Date of visit: December 2020
1  Thank Shazzery
Reviewed November 18, 2020

scammers. did not pay £ 35 for the hired transport. The reason: because the thing you bought is not working. He bought it untested ~(seen advertising). and in their opinion external driver is responsible for it. Avoid as they are hungry at £ 35. Common scammers. Very bad people

Date of visit: October 2020