“Faulty Towers”

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed August 2, 2021

It's not difficult to cook a breakfast and work out who ordered it. It was comical watching the waitress go to each table and either ask if they ordered a bacon roll or ask what they ordered. My breakfast arrived without tomatoes and they said they were still cooking. Toast was stone cold, waitress still walking around with a plate of cold food wondering who ordered it. I had no cutlery my coffee was removed because it was half full and I asked for more water I was also given a dirty spoon. I had to ask to have it back then ask for sugar. The waitress kept asking her colleagues where the jam was, we walked past 2 big jars in the garden, these jars probably go from one table to the next with cross contamination from dirty knives.
They really had no clue on how to serve food. My tomatoes arrived after I had nearly finished my meal. One lady had eaten her food before her husband got his. They all seemed half asleep. Definitely will not be going back!

Date of visit: August 2021
2  Thank Passport829427
Write a reviewReviews (346)

Reviewed July 28, 2021

Meal on friday night in the average to mediocre range lasagne short of meat high in ground pepper garlic bread poor .. hunters chicken tepid and average ...service slow
Sat night
Awful .we had booked ... waited well over hour and quarter .... pizza over cooked .. should have been meat feast so cooked the ham and chicken was completely dehydrated .. one piece of pepperoni on each piece of pizza .. side salad ( should have been leaves pepper cucumber and onion) came in a hot serving dish and contained some warm leaves and coue bits of pepper.. the childs ham egg and chips was cold served on warm plate... when i handed it back it was returned to me 3 mins lated having been microwaved ... they said it had been re ooked however the chip i left in yolk was still there ... the younger staff were very polite however the lady in harge was highly stressed and said i should be compassionate and kind .. however her attitude was neither she did refund the pizza and childs meal .. my husband had eaten 3 slices of the pizza as he was starving and he had pulled the pepperoni off some of the other pieces so we were meant to be grateful ... woukd not recomend this place which is a shame as it usex to be great and used to have fantastic food in the past
Wish id taken photos of other bits of the meal
Just to warn people

3  Thank Robbie M
Reviewed July 28, 2021 via mobile

We booked two night stay, we where shown our pitch and it was a case of find the flat spot for the tent, we went to the pub for our evening meal, there where loads of flies around bar area and toilet area, I ordered hunters chicken which was awful dry hard chicken In a weird tasting sauce, however my children enjoyed the fish and chips, during the meal we where looking out onto the car park food stall, where the woman who worked there decided to start pleasuring a man, he couldn’t hide his delight then then went into the hut and shut door behind them not what you want to see when eating a family meal, the place seems like it’s a party Venue for staff who live on site who sit around smoking in entrance to pub, then play music till 2am in the caravan directly behind pub, the lady who worked on the bar was really friendly and worked hard!

Date of visit: June 2021
10  Thank lukesQ3565CL
Reviewed July 26, 2021 via mobile

Visited here on 26 Jul 21, out of 14 meals, most were returned or cancelled after seeing the first meals come out. Orders were incorrect, food was dropped from the plates on the table when serving and no apology or exchange of food. The vegan burgers appeared to be vegetarian burgers served with mayonnaise! The hunters chicken was dry and returned. Other items were inedible and returned. Extras paid for with a meal were missing and incorrect. All in all, a very unpleasant experience. We definitely will not return.

5  Thank LeeF1372
Reviewed July 22, 2021

Email booking replied to promptly, and greeted as we arrived. Drinks order taken as we were seated. Food order taken as drinks brought to table. ordered garlic bread starter and pizza. After 1/2 hour enquired about our starter. Told it would be 3 minutes.
To be fair it was, and was good.
Cant say the same about the pizzas. Overcooked and not much topping or flavour.
At no point were we asked how our food was, or if we wanted more drinks. Presume we are expected to go to the bar, which wasnt explained to us if it was.