All reviews shadow lawn saint john my husband and i continental breakfast the owner old house no elevator many times our room was spacious hard boiled eggs wonderful experience high ceilings scones chowder world class visiting the area wedding photos
Reviewed July 1, 2018

What would I recommend about Shadow Lawn Inn... I would Recommend Everyone go and experience this beautiful Inn! Even if you just want to get out for a coffee and dessert with an old friend. They have everything to make your dining experience a First class excursion. Spring, Summer, Fall and Winter...

Mary Anne and Jamie will take care of all your needs!

Room tip: All the rooms here are fabulous!
Date of stay: August 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
MAGallagher, Owner at Shadow Lawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2018

Thank you for your kind words. We work hard at the business and are happy that you had a pleasant experience at Shadow Lawn Inn. Please come again the next time you are in the area.

Reviewed February 4, 2018

My husband and I wanted to celebrate a special anniversary recently. The date fell in the middle of the week but we wanted to go out. We decided to try the chef's menu. The service was terrific and the food delicious. It's meant to be a surprise but our server was careful to ensure we would still be happy. I forgot my glasses and a pair appeared. And when I said I hoped the dessert would be creme brûlée which is my favourite, it wasn't part of the chef's menu but this appeared anyway! This is not how we usually spend a Wednesday night but it was lovely! The decor, food and service are first rate.

Date of stay: January 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for your lovely comments. Our chef's menu is popular with our adventurous diners. We work diligently wth our staff to provide top-notch customer service. We are happy you received it. We hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed January 4, 2018 via mobile

We dined with friends this week and enjoyed an outstanding meal, again.

The chowder was the best I have tasted in the Maritimes. Without question. I wisely selected the ‘warm plate’ of lamb chops which were mouthwatering. The servings here are very generous so there was no room for a ‘larger dish’.

This restaurant has never disappointed us in the six years we have been frequenting it.

Date of stay: January 2018
Trip type: Travelled with friends

Thank you. We pride ourselves on offering appropriate sized meals. We're glad you appreciate this.

Please come again. We look forward to serving you.

Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I were at the Robertson Room for an anniversary dinner last evening. The meal was wildly beyond expectations. I had the lamb chop starter and the scallops main and both were world class. They were delicious and creative. My husband had the crab cake and chicken and also thought it was the best he’d eaten. Sticky toffee pudding for dessert. All portions were small but perfect and just enough. Highly recommended

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
MAGallagher, Owner at Shadow Lawn Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 30, 2017

Thank you for the kind words. We truly appreciate hearing from our guests. We hope you will be back for lunch or dinner soon.
Thanks again.

Reviewed October 3, 2017

This lovely building has all that is needed to be a fantastic boutique hotel. But the owners are favouring weddings and events over hotel guests. The chef is great but we had to struggle to get through the wedding party to get to the restaurant. As a result only two tables were occupied in the restaurant and a couple were turned away. The meal was super but there was no atmosphere. A family birthday lunch party took over the hotel on the Sunday. That evening we returned to an entirely empty building. And yet our room was nice and the staff (very few much of the time) were nice and worked hard. Events should be moved to the existing restaurant and kept out of the hotel area unless of course a wedding party book the whole hotel. Breakfast was disappointing and only one staff member is there to refill a limited buffet. Focus on making this a success as a hotel or it will fade away.

Room tip: Check whether a function is planned as it will spoil your stay
Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple

We're sorry you had a less than ideal experience. We work hard to ensue all of our guests have a pleasant visit, whether for a wedding, dinner, birthday or overnight stay. We hope you will try us again in the near future.