On a walking holiday, we popped in the hotel for a drink at lunchtime and sit outside to enjoy the beautiful view of the lake from the terrace.
We were informed that there wasn't a bar but could order a drink. They only had bottled beer and my wife ordered a glass of wine.
At the end of our visit I went to pay at reception and was told my bill was £19.50 for two drinks. I expected to pay more than a public bar but come on!!! No bill was provided so I don't even know what cost what.
The hotel position is stunning but be aware that unless you don't mind paying a lot of money then avoid. I felt totally ripped off.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sharrow Bay is unique; the epitome of English country living in an unrivalled location surrounded by snow-topped mountains and fells, right on the shores of Lake Ullswater, widely regarded as the most beautiful lake in the country. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity.ca, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your Sharrow Bay Country House Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sharrow Bay Country Hotel
- Sharrow Bay Country Penrith