“Great Experience”

Ranked #2 of 5 things to do in Kloof
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed April 4, 2018

My wife and I together with old school friends of us and my daughter with her husband decided to do the train trip whilst in Durban. What a great and nostalgic experience, since none of us has ever been on a steam pulled train. It was a trip and money spend worth while, since we boarded the atmosphere and the people was great. This will certainly be remembered as one of the best things we as family did ever.
I want to say thank you to all the people that ensure that this kind of experience is available to us and I do hope that it will continue to be available forever.

1  Thank meyerdj
"tickets"
"passengers"
"christmas"

Reviewed April 3, 2018

It was an awesome and a trip down memory lane. I spent 3 years travelling by train from home to Durban to attend university. My never went in a train and he enjoyed the trip. Due the high demand, the locomotive was switched to diesel engine instead of steam locomotive. Awesome panic and flea market at Inchanga. Great family day and will certain attend again, hope this time they have the steam engine.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

I have not been on this Choo choo train for 15 years. I had young family visit over easter. We went yesterday. It was such a treat. The market at inchanga and it was a wonderful morning our. Highly recommended. Bev Moore

Reviewed January 3, 2018 via mobile

If you haven't been on a steam train this is a lovely day experience which is best shared with family. Pack a picnic basket for your stop which is just over an hour. If you would prefer to purchase at the stop, there are ample food stalls which range from pizza to burgers to grilled chicken and cakes for dessert.

1  Thank shen_i2016
See more reviews
Reviewed December 30, 2017 via mobile

Kind of expensive, but worth it in the end. Everyone enjoyed the “old-world” travelling.

The kids also enjoyed the pony rides at the Inchanga market where you stop for an hour before returning to Kloof. The market is very nice, it exceeded our expectations. We had curry and samoosas, and the kids had bacon burgers, but there is also mini donuts and pizza on offer. The Assagay Iced Coffee is a must - yum!!!

The train is clean, and the staff friendly. We went on the morning trip, and enjoyed it a lot, but next time we’ll go on the afternoon trip and compare ;)