“Great meal”

Cuisines: Gastropub
Good for: Child-friendly, View
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Delicious meals, especially the sea bass and the burgers. Friendly staff with a good atmosphere. There were 8 of us with a mixture of diets which they catered for without fuss. Thank you.

Reviewed March 30, 2018 via mobile

Stunning make over , very friendly staff , but alas ribs very poor / cremated and def not juicy in chefs secret sauce .
Shame cos the place now looks stunning !

1  Thank JONATHAN B
Reviewed March 30, 2018

Went with friends on a Friday evening, the refurb is fab, the service was pretty good. Three out of four of us ordered the ribs which were very disappointing and questionable as to whether they were actually ribs. Better off going to Waitrose and picking up a pack for a fiver. I had the steak which was ok, the peppercorn sauce not good and the plate has luke warm. We did mention when asked that the ribs were very poor.

1  Thank NormCoul
Reviewed March 29, 2018 via mobile

Had admired this pub on a recent visit to Tintern Abbey and had read good things. Decided to try it for lunch although it meant a 120 mile round trip.
My wife and I started with a shared hoummus and olives plate. Very nice. We both ordered the rump steak which came with tomato mushrooms and chips. The chips had to be sent back as they were cold. The steak must have been one of the worst I have ever eaten. I ordered medium rare. It was over cooked and dry. My wife’s steak ( medium) was no better. The restaurant was offering a 25% discount off the food during March and I wonder if this was reflected in the quality of the meat.
I did tell the waitress ( not sure if she was the manager) but she handled the complaint efficiently and even deducted the cost of the main courses from the bill. This went some way to alleviating our disappointment but we won’t be going back.

1  Thank Barry C
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

I was lucky enough to win a competition with “The Review” for a meal for two at The Anchor Inn. There were diversions in place on the main road but we eventually arrived via very narrow country lanes. It was well worth it. Even though they were extremely busy all staff were pleasant and helpful. We had a lovely meal and thoroughly enjoyed our afternoon and will definitely be returning.