Book In Advance
Tours from Moorea Maori Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Moorea Maori Tours
from US$185.50
More Info
from US$108.00
More Info
All reviews local culture parrot fish coconut milk half day tour poisson cru amazing experience french polynesia picnic lunch his wife sam fishing net plantation outrigger meal sites moorea
Reviewed February 19, 2018 via mobile

We were taken from the port to spend several hours with the Maori people. The taught us their customs and music through hands on demonstrations. They were friendly and understanding especially during the pressing of noses greeting.

Reviewed September 26, 2017

My wife and I visited Sam and Sylvie and their family and fell in love with them and their island lifestyle. Snorkeling, fishing, lunch and garden tour, all as advertised! Sam treated us with the utmost care and graciousness. He was extremely solicitous of my wellbeing (78 years young!) and that of my wife. Sam's family incredibly welcomed us into their home, cooked our lunch and entertained us throughout the meal. After dining, Sam led us on a detailed tour of his magnificent farm/garden. We certainly hope we meet Sam and Sylvie again, somewhere, sometime!

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

We did the 'moorea like a local ' tour after booking it on Viator.

This was one of our favourite tours in French Polynesia.

It was just us and Sam (our guide) .. they only do a maximum of 4 people anyway.
The fishing was sooooooooo much fun and we had one of our best meals in Moorea with my partner helping to open and grate the coconut and the best poison cru and bbq sauce I've ever had.
Good tour of the plantation too ... wish I'd taken comfortable shoes as was a bit of a challenge in flip flops but so so worth it.

Definitely recommend to anyone visiting moorea ... Sam and Sylvie treat you like part of their family and are absolute legends

Reviewed September 8, 2017 via mobile

What can i say,, Sam's the man when it comes to relying on mother nature to provide. Im sure we could survive a month without supermarkets. We learnt many tricks and helpfull tips. Fishing with the nets was my highlight as we then went on to cooking the same fish we caught. Thankyou Sam for a great day out.

Reviewed July 26, 2017 via mobile

I was lucky as I was the only person on the tour so got the royal treatment with a private tour.

Saw all the cultural sights and much more with a packed picnic lunch and time to snorkel in the bay

The guide was extremely knowledgeable and provided all sorts of information about the island, its history, culture and vegetation.

Moorea_Maori_Tours, Propriétaire at Moorea Maori Tours, responded to this reviewResponded July 31, 2017

Arthur, thank you so much for the sharing. I also learnt a lot that day.