“NYE 2013 - Best service ever!”
Review of Excelsior Palace

Excelsior Palace
Reviewed 10 February 2015

A review that is long over due I'm afraid.

27 of us stayed in the Excelsior Palace for a week over New Years in 2013.
Not only was the service first class but I would go as far to say that the guys working in this hotel made our holiday.
Despite how many of us there were in our group, service was attentive, friendly and always professional.
Food was fabulous. Rooms were ideal for our group this size. But it was the service that stole the show. The guys went out of their way to arrange dinner reservations for us as well.

The New Years Eve dinner was without doubt the best fun we had (as well as being so tasty) and I cannot recommend this place enough for large groups.

Thanks for a fabulous stay!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 19 February 2014

Recently stayed in Excelsior palace in Boario, Italy.
Was part of a group of 29 skiing at (quite) nearby Montecampione
As we were on a package, I expected to be underwhelmed but in fact we were treated extremely well by every single member of the team from manager to maid!
They altered mealtimes to suit us and really were friendly and flexible. The themed set menu for our group was quite imaginative, well cooked and presented and very generous. Everything was clean and although out of season for this spa resort, there was some sort of un-obtrusive live music every evening. We especially enjoyed the lounge piano accordian player who was sensitive to audience size (often very small) and extremely versatile.
Rooms were functional but very comfortable and clean.
Breakfast was buffet style and plentiful.

Room Tip: I suspect all rooms would have a mountain view, but worth asking just in case.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jcurrey
Reviewed 29 August 2013

I went there with my family on July for a longue weekend with a voucher bought on Groupon. We appreciated a lot the kindness of the receptionist who gave us all the information needed for trips near the Darfo Boario. The restaurant great and the food delicious!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Monica B
Reviewed 15 March 2013

So enjoyed our recent stay. Staff very helpful. Food great. Nice little town and hotel is an easy walk from the bus and train stations. Hotel exceeded expectations on every level. I have no hesitation in recommending this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wendy B
Reviewed 10 February 2013

I stayed here as part of a group and I would like to credit Alex and the team for being so welcoming and kind towards everyone. Nothing was too much to ask. Rooms were of a high standard and the food beautiful. I felt the staff took time to get to know you on a personal level so that they can meet your needs. Their support of the Parkinson's foundation shows the caring attitude of the staff when some of our group asked about leaving tips. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Great job excelsior - particularly Alex although I know it's a team effort and you clearly have a great team!

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Nici135
Reviewed 19 February 2012

Stayed in the hotel as part of a large group (who had exclusive use). Our reason to stay was to ski at local Monticampione resort.

The hotel far exceeded expectations. High quality decor and spacious communal rooms.

Dinner each night was a feast!! Four courses, each night a different taste of Italy!! I loved the fresh salad and fruit buffet each evening - I've never had so much veg on a ski holiday!!

The view from the hotel over the town was lovely! Service was good and the owner and his staff couldn't do enough for us.

I had a single en-suite room complete with TV, fridge and adequate storage- even for skiing!!

The town was lovely! I reccommend the ice cream parlour tucked slightly out of the way next to railway station.

Skiing at nearby Monticampione was fab, plenty of runs to challenge the begginer or intermediate skier. It was their worst snow for 25years, but you couldn't tell and could still get across all four mountains!

Thank you for a lovely holiday!!

• Stayed: February 2012
4  Thank ClearlyAM
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed here as a group and all thought it was a great place. the owner could not do enough for us and most nights we had the bar open till 4am with either him or his daughters assisting.

The food was good and the breakfast filling enough for a full days ski. The rooms were large enough for sharing and the solid floors meant that all the noise we generated was kept within our floor. the most important thing is that it was clean too.

I would stay here again and would recommend to others.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
#3 of 3 in Boario Terme
Hotel Armonia
Hotel Armonia
#5 of 6 in Darfo Boario Terme

Been to Excelsior Palace? Share your experiences!