All reviews clams seafood lobster roll nova scotia lawn chairs blueberry pie deck overlooking the ocean small patio just ok down the road enjoy the view dessert maria john bay motel
Reviewed May 13, 2018 via mobile

We ate here today. Went for a nice sunny Sunday mother’s day drive for supper. I had clams and fries and my wife had fish & chips. Our dog was with us so we got takeout and ate in the car. I paid when I ordered and with a 10% tip the 2 food orders were just over $45, no drinks. The clams were soggy and gross, and not a very good portion for the cost. My wife enjoyed her fish, probably what I should have ordered as well. Don’t think I will ever go back. There are much better places to get this kind of food in NB.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed September 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a very good experience with this establishment. The room was basic but very clean and no carpet on the floors (that is important to us). The price was extremely reasonable. We never use a tv so did not matter it was old. We usually use our tablet for entertainment and wifi came in fine. The room is right on the ocean and has a gorgeous view. There is a private porch with chairs off the room. We enjoyed watching the tides of the Bay of Fundy and although not as grand as other locations it was enjoyable nonetheless. We ate at the restaurant (within short walking distance) and since it was midweek we had no problems with service. The husband is the cook and his wife waits tables. The food was good, not excellent. The husband and wife are very congenial.
One thing of note: for whatever reason there was an overabundance of flies. They would find their way into the room and we spent much time tracking them down and killing them. Even worse they were in the restaurant which just grosses me out. We felt the need to "defend" our food. That issue could certainly use improvement.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Yardener
Reviewed September 24, 2017

We came here because that was one of our few choices in this area. The restaurant wasn't busy so we were seated immediately. The views were great and the service was good. I had the lobster Newburg which was great!!! My husband had the pork chops which he said were just ok as was the rice pudding. The menu was limited and they had even fewer options because they were closing for the season. This review is for the restaurant only.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 6, 2017

Ate at the restaurant here one night. Service was less than friendly and the menu is very limited. The view is outstanding though and the food was OK. Pretty much the only place in the local area to eat.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 5, 2017

We were heading to Nova Scotia, and needed a place to stay for the night. We were blessed to find this wonderful spot. The food at the restaurant is absolutely delicious! My husband had the fried clams, and I ordered the chicken souvlaki. John is an amazing chef! Both meals were excellent, and the portions were just the right size. In fact, it was so good that we decided to eat there again for lunch on the way back through Pocologan at the end of our vacation. The desserts are all made by Maria, and are wonderful. I had the blueberry pie on the first day, and the strawberry rhubarb pie on the way home. Scrumptious! The restaurant has several four top tables inside, as well as tables on the deck overlooking the ocean. All the indoor tables have an ocean view. The staff are very friendly and accommodating. The night we were there, they put some of the tables together so a very large group could all sit together.

The motel was clean as a whistle, which is the one thing that is most important to us. There also is a beautiful view of the ocean. They have lawn chairs available to just sit, relax, and enjoy the view. We already have booked our room for 2018.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple