“Definitely Tobago's Most Prized Dining Experience!”

Mesoreen Cafe Bistro
Ranked #1 of 5 Restaurants in Bon Accord
Price range: US$1 - US$9
Description: Great place, with natural atmosphere and ambience. Fine local and international dishes. Good selection of wines and drinks and professional service.
Reviewed March 12, 2017 via mobile

I had the pleasure of dining amongst company at this restaurant on the night of February 28th an even at this very moment, I cannot get that amazing experience out of my head. Now, one cannot rate an experience without first having had several experiences to use a basis of comparison. With that being said, I must express that as an avid traveler, I have dined at many restaurants around the world. Although nestled in an unassuming location on the Store Bay Local Road in the Bon Accord area, this restaurant merges idyllic ambience with its warm lighting, greenery and fountains with friendly yet professional service. The wait was not unduly long and the food was the best I've had thus far on the island. My group decided to do only seafood and I had a generously sized, yet amazingly delicious, lobster. Must I now boast of the drink selection? I am a wine lover and if you are too, the Feniet bar at the edge of the dining hall, is definitely the place to have a glass when in Tobago. Before we left, we had the pleasure of witnessing a wedding proposal, which, in my opinion could not have been done in a more romantic setting. After congratulating the couple personally, the manager made his rounds to ensure that every customer was satisfied with his or her experience. It was at this point that I decided to secretly become a brand ambassador the Mesoreen Cafe Bistro. Kudos well deserved!

Reviewed March 10, 2017 via mobile

The food was very tasty, took a while to get food and finish but was with friends, hey this is Tobago, slow down and relax. Dinner comes with two sides, adequate portions. Prices in line with surrounding places.

Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

Went for dinner here recently. We waited an hour for the food. But the wait was worth it. The food was good in portion size and in taste. I will be back!

Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

We definitely saved the best until last! This restaurant was recommended to us by our holiday rep and wow what a recommendation! Firstly we were collected by taxi, free of charge. Then when we arrived we were welcomed with a free glass of punch which was delicious! We were taken straight to our table which was set perfectly! The service and attention to detail was absolutely exceptional! Our food was all cooked and presented beautifully and was delicious! We had no complaints about anything at all. The waitress kept our glasses topped up and the atmosphere was just perfect. The perfect end to our first trip to Tobago! Thank you to all the staff who made our last night so lovely! Highly recommended!

1  Thank Alisoncritchley
Reviewed March 3, 2017 via mobile

I went to Mesoreen after reading great reviews and hearing wonderful things from locals. Apparently they get busy quickly so I made sure to get a reservation for 9 pm. We were seated right away and the ambiance was very nice. However service is horribly slow. It took more than 40 minutes for drinks orders to come out. Our appetizers took around 30 minutes. We were waiting more than an hour and no one bothered to come by our table to check in on us and let us know why our main courses were taking so long. When we asked, the waitress kept saying 5 minutes. She was not apologetic at all. Finally after taking to the manager, we got our dinner 90 minutes after we ordered it.

When we asked why there was a delay, we were just told that there were 2 big parties that night also. If that was the case, at least the wait staff could have told us. We had several activities planned for the evening and we had to cut them all short because of delays at the restaurant. All guests should be treated equally. We felt very discriminated against as both of the larger parties had Caucasian guests and we are of Indian and Trinidadian origin.

The food was good but not good enough to wait that long.

1  Thank Mona K