“D Ganga-Macara”
Review of Makara Restaurant

Makara Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Makara Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 10 Restaurants in Buccoo
Price range: US$12 - US$55
Description: Influenced by his worldly exposure to restaurants in Europe, Asia and North American Chef Curtis Duke offers a fresh and edgy take on modern, local and Caribbean cuisine. His dishes not only delights the taste buds of his customers but shows creativity, imagination and attention to detail to each dish presented.
Reviewed October 16, 2018 via mobile

I am a repeat customer at Macara Restuarant and I enjoy the restuarant’s ambience, its versatility in bringing an indoor/outdoor experience which is intimate having the ocean in the background. In terms of the food, the quality is immaculate, I love the starters which sizzle the taste buds and are creatively made by the Chef. Service is great with friendly staff to top off a wonderful experience!!!! You must visit if you are in Tobago...

Reviewed October 14, 2018 via mobile

This restaurant has a nice elegant atmosphere and a great view to enjoy while having your meal (provided you are seated at the window). The staff was friendly and the food was delicious. There was no delay in relation to being served (although we were the first guests to arrive that night). The rib eye steak was cooked to perfection, it was moist, the cut was sufficiently marbled and was juicy. The soup of the day (pumpkin soup) was also delicious, it was thick and had a good consistency. The mudslide was also delicious.

Reviewed October 1, 2018

I had a birthday/engagement dinner with my fiance at the restaurant. The restaurant staff decorated the table with read gems with the words "I love you" and balloons. I really appreciated the extra effort they put in to make the dinner experience special. The food was great. My fiance had the Pan Seared Jumbo Garlic Prawn and I had the Black Angus rib eye(10oz). The meals tasted excellent and the restaurant staff ensured we had a really great experience by constantly checking on us to ensure everything was okay. The restaurant has a beautiful view of the ocean and is a excellent fine dining experience in Tobago. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone and I will definitely dine again on my next visit to Tobago.

Reviewed September 30, 2018 via mobile

My wife and I booked up last night for a romantic meal. First impressions were very good with a nice restaurant, we were looking forward to a good dinner. We were seated and the waiting staff were pleasant and friendly serving the drinks fast. We both ordered the pumpkin soup to start. This is where it went wrong! It took 1hr and 10 before the staff realised that we did not get our soup! It then took a further 20mins for the soup to arrive. To be honest, we would not mind but no apology was offered nor a complimentary drink! It was as if it was not an issue, then soup was average! Our main course was the Angus steak, well I can assure you it was not Angus and was not cooked as we asked, a very average steak and very overpriced!
Unfortunately, overall it was not a good experience. I will not return!

Reviewed September 28, 2018

Exceptional service, staff and food. Very welcoming atmosphere. You've got to try the Makara Limbo - yum