“Amazing lunch Fabulous Find”
Review of Venus Cafe

Venus Cafe
Price range: US$11 - US$42
Cuisines: Seafood, British, Cafe
Good for: View, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 23 August 2017

We came to the beach for the afternoon and thought we would try the Venus cafe for lunch. What a fantastic cafe. The staff were polite and attentive and the food was amazing. Freshly cooked sardines and the dish of the day fish chowder come highly recommend.
We finished off with a pot of tea. This was also good too.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

We decided to take a walk down with the kids...a 12 year old and a 4 year old. This was an experience in itself but a way when we got there the staff were really friendly and helpful. The menu is reasonably priced, I ordered a mackerel bap and so did my partner, millie the eldest of the two had a burger and Freya had fish fingers and chips, we ordered at the bar. With the kids meals you get a free cuddly toy (dog, bear, tiger I can't remember the 4th one) anyway the kids picked what they wanted before I left to order... Then disaster struck...Freya wanted a tigger but they didn't have the cuddly toy as advertised..(I had cold sweats at this point as I knew tears would soon follow) the staff stepped in and saved the day a brought through two trays of assorted toys...(this is where Freya saw a pink dinosaur and all was saved). The staff were lovely and friendly and the food...wow the fries were home made and tasted lovely, the fennel coleslaw was perfect and the mackerel...2 pieces in a bap was just to die for. Now the kids meals came with a free drink and said dinosaur, Millie's burger didn't touch the sides, Freyas fish fingers were hand made I I did sneak a taste as I cut them up and the taste again was amazing, very fresh fish. Cakes were ordered to go for the walk back...highly recommended and such a lovely setting

Reviewed 10 August 2017 via mobile

We have had many breakfasts at Blackpool Sands but never supper
And as we visited during the peak weeks of August thought we should book. As always the service was very warm and friendly and I was surprised to see a very reasonable priced half a lobster on the menu so ordered one, my husband trying the other special sardines. When my lobster came out it was a whole one rather than just the half I had paid for and when I queried it they said they thought it was a bit too small so gave me the whole thing, it was just superb sitting there watching the sea and the sea birds. My husbands sardines were top drawer too just be warned they close at 7pm

Reviewed 4 August 2017 via mobile

We came to Blackpool Sands without really planning to and we're thrilled to find this lovely cafe with a tofu burger of all things on the menu! It was easy to make it vegan, and it was very tasty - although quite small! My partner and I were sharing so we went back for a second one - we couldn't order from the takeaway as the chef was on lunch, so we got it from the cafe, which was quite a lot more expensive (although it did come with chips and salad). Would love to try more of the meat free options next time!

Reviewed 16 July 2017

A beautiful setting with a mouth watering menu - however firstly would have been helpful to be informed that you have to order at the till. Even after 5 minutes waving at staff for drinks no one came over to explain. Unnecessary frustration for 5 minutes.

Food was almost cold and when the 'warm goats cheese salad' was returned with the goats cheese still cold - it was explained away with the comment 'it might be because it doesn't retain heat' next time I am going to bring my own sandwiches and eat them on the beach.

2  Thank Cathie F