“Never felt better”

The Farm at San Benito
Ranked #1 of 7 Hotels in Lipa City
Reviewed 22 December 2011

When I stayed at the Farm I experienced an amazing change in my whole being. Waking at 5am (because it was natural) with energy to do yoga and go through the day feeling like I had a spring in my step. The healing journey was wonderful and since returning I have only wanted to go back as it was like being in a safe bubble of health and well being - if you want to feel awesome - go there..

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank KittyCat22

Reviewed 2 December 2011

I plan for one health care trip per year, i been to many places that help me to improve and maintain my soul, health and mind. The Farm was a switching gear to the best of my soul, mind and body. i never thought that such place and people will exist on the earth. They are committed, knowledgeable and very honest.
If you are health conscious, do not waist your time. GO TO THE FARM you will not regret it.

Khalid Radhwan
***********@gmail.com

Room Tip: All rooms are great, you will have too many activities where the room will be just to sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
3  Thank Khalidme
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My mom and I stayed at the Farm for a long weekend and absolutely loved the experience. The staff are all amazing, the food is sublime and the detox programmes in a league of their own. Thank you to everyone at the Farm for making our stay so memorable. I can't wait to come back for longer.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Nomad031
Reviewed 31 October 2011

I went there to check it out during a golf golf tournament which took place very closely. It was worth the visit. I had a great Garden Villa. Food was great even if Vegan. There was even a great Band playing (Leaf Tone Band) during dinner. Shall be back sooner than later...

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
5  Thank Christophe S
Reviewed 22 October 2011

There are several points which make or break a getaway. You decide if this place is for you or not.

Reservations and Front Desk
Manila - The Manila reservations office handled all my concerns without a hitch. Kudos to them. I especially approve of their quick service and knowlegeable responses. When asked about resort activities, they readily emailed a PDF file of their menu of services inclusive of prices. This covered an array of wellness activities and their spa services. When I called in to check for the schedule of activities and services, they made coordinated with the site and called back to inform us of our confirmed schedules.
Batangas - Honestly, the site experience was a letdown. Expecting service at par the Manila office, I was dissatisfied with how our confirmed appointments had to be rescheduled because of the doctor's unavailability. I asked to clarify the schedule as we were previously advised of confirmed scheduled services that afternoon. Front desk promised to call back. An hour later, I still don't receive any feedback. Concerned, I call up front desk only to be told that we were bumped to a different schedule. Oooookaaaayyyy. So I wonder what would have happened if hadn't made the call? Would they ever call?

Activities - Scheduled activities change daily and their nightly "newsletter" of the next day's activities was much appreciated. My friends joined in the complimentary yoga class (which they told me they truly enjoyed) while I and my husband went wandering around the grounds.
There are wo and a half pools to chooses from. One is at the south, a heated one in the north located by the spa, and half a pool or a wading area if you will somewhere near the villas. The path to the wading area can be quite dark and noisy (with frogs croaking all about) at night. Hehehe. Not my thing.

Accommodations - We stayed in a garden suite. I loved the layout. One gigantic bed, fluffy pillows, sitting area, stunning bathroom. Points for improvement though would be the lack of disposable oral care set.

Food - This is one of the major deciding factors. If you do not eat veggies, or if you feel you cannot deny your inner carnivore for the duration of your stay, keep away from this place. Or bring your own stash of fast food. Hahahaha! Seriously. Their restaurant is not named "alive!" for no reason. Most of their food offerings are raw. I loved breakfast, but our dinner could have been a disaster if not for the pasta selection.

Check out -Could have been a more pleasant experience if they attended to their guests more promptly.

Overall, yeaaaahhh. I would recommend this place. After all, you are at the spa for a healthy retreat, right? Or at least a wellness weekend.
As for myself though, I wouldn't be caught rushing back to this place. I'd like an order of 2-pc fully loaded meal please.

• Stayed: May 2011
4  Thank bronzieBear
Reviewed 13 October 2011

we stayed only for 2 nights..serene place, very courteous and accommodating staff, varied activities like flower arrangement, yoga, power walk, core training, "cooking" lessons are given for free, alive restaurant serves fresh, raw, meatless, non dairy food and they don't heat up the food more than 40 deg to preserve the enzymes and nutrients of food, spa treatments, colonics, colema etc are offered but we didn't try them..unfortunately, this place is not for us, since we are suffering from high cholesterol, gout, ulcer and arthritis.. their food exacerbate our condition since most of their food have nuts, beans ( not good for those with high uric acid) my ulcer also got worse..i don't know with what...but other guests may love this place if their health is good to start with,,,
another problem we encountered is their sulu terrace accommodation, where you need to go up a steep, slippery stairs( it's raining when we got there) to go to the room yet their restroom is located downstairs...so, since we have arthritis and gout, we had a hard time going up and down the stairs to do our thingy in the bathroom...IT WAS QUITE A WORKOUT for me..but when we asked for a urinal, they promptly provided it... SERVICE IS GREAT but it's just not our kind of "wellness" vacation...

Room Tip: Don't get Sulu Terrace Room...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank checkin30
Reviewed 12 October 2011

The Good: You need to be in the right mindset to come to the Farm. If you're up for an immersion into the wonders of nature and get your health back on track, this place is perfect for you. My husband and I stayed here for 2N/3D. The grounds are gorgeous with several pools and little nooks and crannies that just beckon to you. The place is the epitome of serenity and peace. The staff is also just so wonderful and accommodating and they never seem intrusive. Even the GM, an American lady named Jennifer, is very friendly and gave us a great welcome. It was a bit difficult (I suspect they have limited therapists) but I was able to book a massage at the Spa which was as good as the ones given at those high-end places in Thailand (and trust me, I've been to a lot of them). The food was surprisingly good and creative considering they only serve vegan fare (I highly recommend the pesto), although I can imagine that it can get tiring if you stay for an entire week or month. Their main ingredient is coconut oil and you will taste it in everything, good thing I like coconut so I didn't mind as much. If you love nature and healthy living, you will appreciate what they are trying to do here.

The bad: The room is pretty awful. I had heard about their Sulu rooms where one would have to go down to use the bathroom and since I booked this on promo, I was expecting to stay in one of these 2-level type rooms. Imagine my delight when I was told upon check-in that I had been "upgraded" to a Palmera Suite. In my opinion, the term "suite" is used very loosely because the room is very basic, tiny and the furniture looks weathered and old, I almost felt like I was given the maid's quarters. The only upside was the ensuite bathroom with an outdoor shower that seemed charming at the beginning until I stepped into it and was bitten silly by hordes of ants that were attracted by the soap. I was a guest at the Farm when it first opened and I have a pretty good memory and I think that the "suite" given to us was once upon a time the cottage where the owners lived. My point being that it's not suitable for paying guests (even those that booked on a promo rate) and its shabbiness left me with a bad impression. Good thing I spent most of my time out of the room. According to the staff, there are some pretty nice rooms if you are willing to pay a premium for it.

In summary, I am quite keen on returning to the Farm to partake of their week-long medical programs but with the rates they are charging and the quality of the accommodations, it does not seem like good value for my money. If they lower their rates or renovate their rooms, then I may be convinced to come back.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
71.5 km away
Pico Sands Hotel
Pico Sands Hotel
#1 of 4 in Nasugbu

Been to The Farm at San Benito? Share your experiences!