Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Spencer L
Calgary, Canada

Honeymooners will be back!

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 26, 2012
Yes, we decided to spend our honeymoon and took a chanch at Kinbasket lake resort. We love to camp and wanted a quiet place to relax. We stayed in the Golden cabin, which has a gourgeous view and a deck overhanging the lake. Absolutely perfect. We made friends right away with fellow campers and staff. It was like a big family after only a couple days. We would fish, swim and hang out for "Happy hour" everyday.

There are plenty of rules here, but for good reason. Everyone wants a nice safe quite place to enjoy and the rules make this possible. The staff was attentive and friendly. Even took me out fishing. The cabins, campground, showers and bathrooms are very well taken care of and make this a very enjoyable place.

I have read some other not so good reviews about this place and I just can't imagine. Some people just can not be pleased maybe. This is not only a campground it was an experience we will remember fondly for years to come.

There is a train close by but I did not once find it annoying. I found it quite charming. It is a part of B.C. to have trains follow river valleys and lakes. It does not run late at night and it was a great alarm clock in the morning so I could get up and catch a few before breakfast. We took a hike down the tracks up the Beaver river and though I don't recomend it for small kids, we very much enjoyed the trail and scenery.

Fishing was great. Don't expect to catch monster rainbows of the dock after a few casts. But there are big fish in this lake I have seen, caught and ate them. If you have an alluminum fishing boat. Don't leave it at home. Well worth bringing. And remember you can't complain about not catching fish unless your rods in the water.

There are many floating logs in the lake. If there where not, this lake would be so full of wakeboarders and skiers and would take something away from it all. It was pretty nice being the only boat in the water some days, or enjoying the view and sounds of an empty lake. Beautiful.

I brought my quad with me as you are allowed to quad right from you cabin or trailer. As long as you obey the speed limit and rules. Again to keep people safe and not disturb others. There are many logging roads to explore very close by. I found a 100ft waterfall as well as some great views. Trails were easy to moderate for the most part so bring your kids along for sure.

As I said we stayed in a cabin and highly recomend it. The views and price were amazing. This is definately a rare find and our expectations were exceeded in every way. We even stayed an extra night cause we didn't want to leave (and cassie made us lol) To sum it up "WE LOVE KINBASKET LAKE RESORT"
Date of stay: July 2012
Room Tip: Get a cabin or a campground close to water.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
30.7 km from Kinbasket Lake Resort
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Beavermouth
All reviews the owner beautiful spot long weekend love this place lake site power august horns tents
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just returned from a 3-night camping experience at Kinbasket Campground (mid-August, 2012) and I cannot say enough GREAT things about it! This is what camping is supposed to be like - you're in a setting that can only be compared to being in the pristine back-country, but you have the luxury of power/water, clean washrooms with hot showers and a constantly maintained campground with the best crew of people we have had the pleasure of meeting! Right from our arrival, we were greeted before we even un-hitched (tent trailer) and the manager of the campground suggested we spin our trailer to optimize access to the services and provide a better sitting area around our doorway. This was not just a suggestion - he actually spun our unit around for us, and did the same on our departure so we could hook up to our vehicle! I have never seen such attention to guests as I have in this campground! The owner, Rick, was always visible and always checking on his guests - and his team was so friendly and accommodating, we felt like family!
I agree with some of the other reviews about the trains - in that any disturbance is hugely overshadowed by the absolutely amazing surroundings and attention to detail! Our group consisted of me (mom), my 2 boys (10 and 13) and my mom (80) - we all wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely be making a trip back again. The boys were down to the dock everyday to fish and received so many great tips/assistance from the owner and manager and his wife - plus many of the other campers - they were thrilled! We enjoyed refreshing swims in the lake - saw a black bear cruising in search for berries on the opposite side of the lake, and took a row boat out (available through the campground) to see a bit more of the lake. If you pack all you need (ie. enough food, drink, propane), this is the kind of place you can just kick back and enjoy to the fullest! And if you do need extra supplies, Golden (B.C.) is only 30 minutes away - where we also enjoyed a trip up the Gondola at Kicking Horse Resort while we were there - awesome side tour! When I read through some of the negative comments on Kinbasket, I have to wonder what these people were looking for/expecting? - because this place exceeded all our expectations - and I now recommend it to everyone I know!

Date of stay: August 2012
1  Thank Bar6_12
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Its a nice looking place but the trains are so loud. Thank gosh they did not come through the night as i am a light sleeper. The water was full of debris very creepy to swim in cant really be helped though.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2012

We camped at this campsite for the first time in early August 2012. We are a family of 4 plus a dog and we camped with one other family. We both have medium sized trailers and we both camped there for 4 days. Overall, it is average in terms of amenities and layout.

Fast facts:

- It is a 5 km drive down a maintained Forest Service Road to the campground
- The campsite is divided in two by the FSR that cuts through it: upper and lower The upper campground has more trees and is more private, while the lower campground is on a small plateau, so it is flat but less private
- It has boat access
- Not very dog friendly
- Attempts are made to make it family oriented, but efforts are misguided because the owner micro-manages people

The good:
- Pretty setting. It's the middle of the Rockies, after all!
- Trains are cool. We liked them, even if they came a few times a day.

The bad:
- The owner and his staff are not people oriented. The first sign you read in the campground as you drive to your site is "SLOW DOWN NOW". They appear nice but they do not have people skills and small, inconsequential things upset them. This causes tension in the campground. Over the 4 days we camped there, the owner yelled several times - often from his deck - at various people who broke his rules. Although he would often approach the person later to try and smooth things over, the awkward, uneasy setting had already been created.
- There is no place for dogs. They must always be on a leash, including at the under utilized boat launch. I was told that I could not throw sticks into the lake for my dog anywhere on the property and I was directed to cross the FSR bridge and down the road if I wanted to exercise her off leash. Interestingly, a camper who is friends with the owner had his older St. Bernard wander up to our campsite one morning and make a deposit by the breaker panels. I am not making this up - our family saw it real time. To me it is no big deal, but owners should at least watch their dogs when they are off leash so they can be picked up after.
- Firewood is a joke. My wife called about firewood beforehand and was told that you pack a load of wood in a wheelbarrow to your campsite for $8. What we got was a small Home Hardware style wheelbarrow that was pre-loaded. The wood was even with the sides of the wheelbarrow and it totalled 10 pieces. We laughed about it. Additionally, I took a look at the rounds they were splitting and it looked like green timber that was cut within the week. I asked about this with the wood cutting guy and he told me they were. I should have brought my own seasoned wood from home - SO SHOULD YOU! Another option is for your to bring your chainsaw and cut some firewood - legally and free - from dead standing trees down the road. Just print a firewood permit from the BC Ministry of Forests website. I cut 6 cords of fire wood for our home each year doing it this way.
- Laundry - Bring it in to the office and someone will do it for you for $6. We appreciate the gesture, but it's odd.

I am a reasonable, approachable person with a job that requires me to work with various people. A campground owner/operator needs to have the same temperament as this, but this was not evident.

We will not stay here again. Next time we'll be checking out Canyon Hot Springs Resort campground 45 minutes west.

Date of stay: August 2012
5  Thank John H
Reviewed August 1, 2012

2nd year back to Kinbasket and was a great time all around, our children loved the park and made a lot of friends, we came later in the year this year and the water was warm enough for swimming and even cleared up enough to do some wake boarding and tubing, I noticed before we left that the tug boats were starting to clean up a lot of the debris in the area so hopefully next year it will be even better.

We were tenting in one of the Powered RV sites and was by far the biggest site we have ever had, the bathrooms and showers were clean and the water supply was drinkable which is rare. The staff were very friendly, knowledgable, professional and great with all of the kids. Met many other familys during our stay and we are all meeting up again next year at Kinbasket.

The forestry road out the back side is full of view points, wilderness trails and the lake seems to never end. We got amazing family pictures with the most natural, beautiful backdrop of mountain ranges and water.

And last but not least THE FISHING, this lake has bar none the best fishing I and many others have ever seen but if you want to catch the big ones you are going to need to bring a boat. The lake is full of Dolly Varden and they are the best tasting fish I have ever had, we also caught some rainbows and white fish but have heard that there are also ling cod and sturgeon to be had as well.

On the negative yes there are trains and they are loud but they sometimes you don't hear them for several hours at a time and in our opinion a small sacrifice for all of the benifits this campground has to offer.

I have recommended this campground to many friends and family and everyone has loved this spot.

1  Thank Jeff V
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Location, location, location. The campground is in a gorgeous setting. The lake is glacier fed so the water is cold, but it did not stop us from swimming. There are a lot of logs floating in the water, but this is not the fault of management. The rv sites are not very level and this could be improved. Heard squeals of joy from the kids in the playground all day long. Met great people and enjoyed their company. The women's shower was clean with lots of hot water. Trees everywhere! We have already booked a return visit this year.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple