Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Brett L
Calgary, Alberta, Canada

7 days stayed, Fantasic Getaway

5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Sep 7, 2012
** Dont listen to the 1 star reviews. If you cannot enjoy this place you will not be happy anywhere. Maybe stay in a hotel.
Every year we camp we are very careful to pick a campsite that will have some privacy, safety and views. We drove from calgary to Revelstoke and stayed in a hotel that night then the next day to shuswap/Salmon Arm and being disappointed with the camping we found there and further west had fire bans, we drove back to Golden and stayed in another hotel to regroup and find a campsite. The room was rough in Golden and was $189 a night. My wife found Kinbasket lake resort on the computer and the description sounded fantastic and just what we wanted. We drove there the next day which was only about 30 mins west and were very please with what we saw and decided to stay a week. We had no reservation but Rick found us spot 32 which was a private beautiful tent site over looking the river on top of a ridge. We loved the spot.(see pictures) Our other 3 days we switched over to a cabin, #1 as we got lucky and it was open. It was fantastic!! Big comfy bed in its own room, a futon couch that pulled down to a bed if needed, kitchen with everything you need, fridge, private washroom, Huge yard (cabin 1) and over looking the lake. It was only $115 a night. We wished we found this place a couple days earlier! Free shower house was perfect for a camp site shower house and like ANY public shower, be it the gym or out camping, bring a pair of flip flops you can get wet and wear them in shower. Duh. The out houses were not pit toilets they were flush toilets with lights in them. (nice touch and not stinky) I brought a bit of my own firewood but preferred the firewood they sold there. Very nice smelling and every night we would see a new animal (or alien) in the hot embers/wood. We started calling it the magical wood. I could write on and on, Just such a pleasant experience, I loved the trains and they brought up a lot of interesting conversations and goggling the history of the Canadian railroad. Rick was such a down to earth guy who I thought might have an ego being a 5 time stanley cup champion but let me get my picture taken with him and wear one of his rings. Did I return that? :-) Five times, are you serious!. Adam was great, helpful and single ladies (at time of this review) Dawn and Tim were a pleasure to be around and even borrowed me a cord I needed. (yes, I returned that) Thank you Lake Kinbasket Resort and we will be back!
Date of stay: August 2012
Room Tip: Cabin 1 has the largest yard (huge) and can sleep the most people.(6) Loft for kids or adult.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
5.0 of 5 bubblesValue
  • Official Hotel Site
36.6 km from Kinbasket Lake Resort
Palliser Lodge Eagles Eye
C$823
No fees just great deals
  • StayForLong
  • Agoda.com
  • Vio.com
39.8 km from Kinbasket Lake Resort
View more hotels in Beavermouth
All reviews the owner beautiful spot long weekend love this place lake site power august horns tents
Selected filters
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were camping here above the lake in the later part of August 2012. It is a beautifull site nestled in the rockies. We found the campsite very clean. Well for $38.00 a night it should be. I was appalled at the washroom facilities. The washrooms are very old and need upgrading desperatley. Perhaps new showers because of the poor mouldy conditions of the shower walls and the plastic curtains. I was scared to touch anything. Also was unimpressed for the price as each site didn't have a deposit for water wastes. They do have a sanidump on site only to be used at the end of our stay. We don't like the fact of unhooking and re-hooking our trailer up. Also a bundle of wood was $8.00 extra on top of the $38.00 per night stay. I loved the spot but it needs new ownership who can fix up the place. The docks are okay and there is no designated swim area which I find sad for a lovely spot in the mountains. The stairs towards the dock from the upper level of the campsite also need repair and leveling out. The dock is also in need of repair. I didn't fancy the loud trains nearby as well. I understand that trains come and go but nothing was said on their website. I also didn't appreciate the fact that we had to pay up front for use of the campground in order to ensure our spot. No one else seems to do this. I'm sorry for the poor rating and felt the need to say something.

Room tip: Double check this site and ask questions about the washrooms, dock swim area and train.
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed August 28, 2012

If you are interested in getting away to a remote, breathtaking oasis then Kinbasket Lake Resort is the place to go. We happened on the website through google and we were not disappointed when we arrived. We rented a cabin and it fulfilled all of our basic needs. The bed is comfortable and the cabin was accommodatingly spacious. The view is out of this world, the staff are friendly and helpful, the showers were clean with hot water. We brought our boat and enjoyed fishing, swimming and boating around the expansive lake. We also enjoyed fishing from the dock and met wonderful people. Due to it's remote location we could appreciate the challenge of maintaining the campgrounds, the cabins, the dock, the main lodge, the shower house and everything else but it is all well maintained. We heard the train the first couple of times then didn't notice it for the rest of our stay. We stayed at Kinbasket twice last year and we have booked again this year. Kudos to the owner and staff for their hard work creating a wonderful experience for us.

Date of stay: September 2011
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Yes, we decided to spend our honeymoon and took a chanch at Kinbasket lake resort. We love to camp and wanted a quiet place to relax. We stayed in the Golden cabin, which has a gourgeous view and a deck overhanging the lake. Absolutely perfect. We made friends right away with fellow campers and staff. It was like a big family after only a couple days. We would fish, swim and hang out for "Happy hour" everyday.

There are plenty of rules here, but for good reason. Everyone wants a nice safe quite place to enjoy and the rules make this possible. The staff was attentive and friendly. Even took me out fishing. The cabins, campground, showers and bathrooms are very well taken care of and make this a very enjoyable place.

I have read some other not so good reviews about this place and I just can't imagine. Some people just can not be pleased maybe. This is not only a campground it was an experience we will remember fondly for years to come.

There is a train close by but I did not once find it annoying. I found it quite charming. It is a part of B.C. to have trains follow river valleys and lakes. It does not run late at night and it was a great alarm clock in the morning so I could get up and catch a few before breakfast. We took a hike down the tracks up the Beaver river and though I don't recomend it for small kids, we very much enjoyed the trail and scenery.

Fishing was great. Don't expect to catch monster rainbows of the dock after a few casts. But there are big fish in this lake I have seen, caught and ate them. If you have an alluminum fishing boat. Don't leave it at home. Well worth bringing. And remember you can't complain about not catching fish unless your rods in the water.

There are many floating logs in the lake. If there where not, this lake would be so full of wakeboarders and skiers and would take something away from it all. It was pretty nice being the only boat in the water some days, or enjoying the view and sounds of an empty lake. Beautiful.

I brought my quad with me as you are allowed to quad right from you cabin or trailer. As long as you obey the speed limit and rules. Again to keep people safe and not disturb others. There are many logging roads to explore very close by. I found a 100ft waterfall as well as some great views. Trails were easy to moderate for the most part so bring your kids along for sure.

As I said we stayed in a cabin and highly recomend it. The views and price were amazing. This is definately a rare find and our expectations were exceeded in every way. We even stayed an extra night cause we didn't want to leave (and cassie made us lol) To sum it up "WE LOVE KINBASKET LAKE RESORT"

Room tip: Get a cabin or a campground close to water.
Date of stay: July 2012
Reviewed August 23, 2012

We just returned from a 3-night camping experience at Kinbasket Campground (mid-August, 2012) and I cannot say enough GREAT things about it! This is what camping is supposed to be like - you're in a setting that can only be compared to being in the pristine back-country, but you have the luxury of power/water, clean washrooms with hot showers and a constantly maintained campground with the best crew of people we have had the pleasure of meeting! Right from our arrival, we were greeted before we even un-hitched (tent trailer) and the manager of the campground suggested we spin our trailer to optimize access to the services and provide a better sitting area around our doorway. This was not just a suggestion - he actually spun our unit around for us, and did the same on our departure so we could hook up to our vehicle! I have never seen such attention to guests as I have in this campground! The owner, Rick, was always visible and always checking on his guests - and his team was so friendly and accommodating, we felt like family!
I agree with some of the other reviews about the trains - in that any disturbance is hugely overshadowed by the absolutely amazing surroundings and attention to detail! Our group consisted of me (mom), my 2 boys (10 and 13) and my mom (80) - we all wished we could have stayed longer and will definitely be making a trip back again. The boys were down to the dock everyday to fish and received so many great tips/assistance from the owner and manager and his wife - plus many of the other campers - they were thrilled! We enjoyed refreshing swims in the lake - saw a black bear cruising in search for berries on the opposite side of the lake, and took a row boat out (available through the campground) to see a bit more of the lake. If you pack all you need (ie. enough food, drink, propane), this is the kind of place you can just kick back and enjoy to the fullest! And if you do need extra supplies, Golden (B.C.) is only 30 minutes away - where we also enjoyed a trip up the Gondola at Kicking Horse Resort while we were there - awesome side tour! When I read through some of the negative comments on Kinbasket, I have to wonder what these people were looking for/expecting? - because this place exceeded all our expectations - and I now recommend it to everyone I know!

• Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Bar6_12
Reviewed August 14, 2012

Its a nice looking place but the trains are so loud. Thank gosh they did not come through the night as i am a light sleeper. The water was full of debris very creepy to swim in cant really be helped though.

Date of stay: July 2012