Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
AKS

Unwelcoming, rude employee

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 13, 2022
Was driving by and wanted to check the campground out because I was looking for a campsite for the following weekend. I pulled in to do a quick lap of the site and as I was going to exit I noticed a staff person had blocked the exit with the car. I sat for a couple minutes and when he came out instead of moving the vehicle he came up to my window visibly irritated asking me if I had seen the signs. I had seen some unclear signs but the realization that this man had physically blocked me from exiting the facility so that he could reprimand me made me very flustered and it difficult for me to explain what I was trying to do. After a minute or two of aggressive back and forth I finally acknowledged that this was not a campground I wanted to stay at- he responded that they didn’t want me there.

It is the middle of August on a weekend and the campground was maybe 25-30% full. You’d think they would want my business.
Date of stay: August 2022
    C$176
    C$174
39.8 km from Kinbasket Lake Resort
View more hotels in Beavermouth
All reviews the owner beautiful spot long weekend love this place lake site power august horns tents
Selected filters
Reviewed July 26, 2022

The location is absolutely beautiful. Campsites are nice. The bathrooms are clean. It appeared that 2 fellows were running the place. The one fellow was not very nice and lacked customer service. Yelled at my son for not parking correctly. Yelled at us for "not parking in the right spot and told us we obviously could not read signs". Very awkward. The train runs hourly and honks 4 times each time it goes through, day and night. Not a big deal if you don't mind trains.

1  Thank M6912GAshirleyg
Reviewed July 26, 2022

The location on the lake was stunning, and the campsite and amenities were good. Cons were the workers were incredibly rude without reason. If there were different staff, our experience would have been different. We overheard the staff yelling at other campers too which made the experience very awkward.

Reviewed July 5, 2022

We spent the long weekend here on 3 sites, they were perfect for our group of 2 trailers and 2 tents. The owner is a whitty guy with a nice dry sense of humour, he was very accommodating to us chopping and changing our plans in the weeks coming up to our trip. We were on our own little end of the campground for most the weekend so we had the toilet to ourselves, which was cleaned everyday. I’m excited to stay here again, especially when the lake fills up.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed August 5, 2021 via mobile

We saw the vacancy sign for the resort and went to
Inquire about it. We were unsure of where to inquire about their amenities and drove into the campground. We were approached by an incredibly rude man accusing us of trespassing and refused to help us when we ask about booking a site or recommendation of where we could go to see the lake. I would not recommend to anyone to stay here as we felt incredibly unsafe by the way we were approached and treated by the worker. It was such a horrible experience.

Date of stay: August 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
3  Thank I2798VBgilliand
Reviewed July 30, 2020

Our family booked the sanctuary cabin but 3 days before arrival we were told they double booked so we ended up with the Roger's Pass Cabin.

Pros:
-Beautiful scenery and nice lake for kayaking.
-Friendly staff.
-Cabins have small fridge and bathrooms.

Cons:
-Sofa bed extremely uncomfortable. Plz replace mattress.
-Cabin getting run down. Upgrades needed.
-Dock is very old and in need of repair.
-Playground (specifically swingset) in need of repair.
-Trains all night long.
-Staff needs to police parties if they want their website to say quiet time at 10pm. We had a stagette to the right of us and a party to the left of us who played music and hoot and hollered till 2am. (We felt like we were in a nightclub.)
-No hot water in cabins or bathrooms.
-Staff shouldnt recommend visiting lake across the bridge. We took the kids fishing and a pitbull from a trailer attacked my wife and bit her leg. Not staffs fault at all but just a warning.

Overall nice location but needs some money put into it to upgrade almost everything.

Date of stay: July 2020