Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Alex Z

False advertising / incompetent ownership

1.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jun 15, 2024
I'm sure there are way better places to stay in the area. The owner clearly does not care for the place or their guests. The cabins were so disgusting I wish I brought my tent and camping cookware.

At night some creepy guy was hiding in the bushes so when my dog came out he was obviously barking in that direction. Turns out it was the owner. Why was he hiding in the bushes? Never said hi and no introduction... nothing.

One of us were outside the entire time by our fire. Not once did the owner come by. He just stared from the darkness. Later realized they were standing in the dark waiting to give a tour to a group who seemed like they were friends/family. Either way, why treat your guests differently? Because we don't speak your language? The vibes were wayyy off after that.

We booked this place with the intention of hiking in the area for 3 days straight. So we cooked healthy meals that could be microwaved because the cabin is advertised as having a kitchenette with a microwave... No microwave.
We inquired about it upon arrival- was told there were none. But the website lists it.

The train comes by EVERY hour of the day/night. It is loud and honking will wake you up. I wear earplugs and am not a light sleeper - I woke up everytime and from within cabin walls so I can't imagine trying to stay asleep in a tent.

I want to say maybe the place sells itself when the water levels are at its highest. But the owner of the place does not care and it shows. They couldn't even clean up the piles of rotting leaves, something so simple and basic. Cabin smelled extremely moldy, everything inside needs replacing. The guy isn't embarrassed to leave out a moldy kettle and a moldy fridge lol. Why bother advertising that??? We paid for 3 nights but left after 1. While packing to leave I discovered a mouse trap underneath the sink/counter. We paid the fee to have our dog there... So maybe a warning or a little consideration? Like what if my dog ate rat poison because you so conveniently placed it out?

That was it for me. I never bother writing reviews because I always believe other people will do it for me. But this could turn into a legal issue. It's the false advertising then the gaslighting.

As we left the owner theatrically asked "what could I have done to make your stay better" .... We made 1 comment about having to throw out 3 days worth of food. Their response was "oh why didn't you tell me? I have a brand new microwave I brought all the way from Calgary".

Like what? It was so ridiculous all I could do was laugh. Like what a mess. We drove 4 hours. Never been gaslit by a resort owner & in the most ghetto fashion possible. Why bother asking then?

I can't say I'd want to support this owner and their business in the future. This place is a chaotic mess. Hoping to save the next person a disappointing trip and encourage research of better businesses around the area. Especially if you're travelling far and need good sleep & energy to explore.

Ps. The owner called us within 2 weeks after our visit. Thought he was calling to attempt to address everything...but nope! He was calling to respond to an email we sent 3 months prior.
Date of stay: June 2024
30.7 km from Kinbasket Lake Resort
Restaurant
Bar/Lounge
View more hotels in Beavermouth
All reviews the owner beautiful spot long weekend love this place lake site power august horns tents
Selected filters
Reviewed August 3, 2023 via mobile

Fabulous spot on a deserted lake. We had a great full service site in the trees. Yes as other reviewers have said, there are a lot of trains and they are loud, however, I loved the sound of the horns echoing in the trees. We took some canoes out at about 10 and saw no one on the lake - we did see otters and a heron. Head up the river towards the railway - there's a small waterfall.at the end. Showers available and helpful owners

Room tip: Be aware that there is a dirt road to get to the site - its well.worth it
Date of stay: August 2023
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 27, 2023

We had a full service site, site was great, they all looked great. But we were literally right under the train tracks and every night I worried about if that train derailed we are gone. The trains were barely tolerable, horns blaring and both nights service on the tracks. Stay on the sites closer to cabins and bring ear plugs for at night?

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 14, 2023

Amazing campground. The new managers/owners are great, and very welcoming. The reservoir lake is stunning and the campsite is quiet and secluded. Can't ask for much more than that. They have power, free showers, and a dump station on site.

Date of stay: July 2023
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2022 via mobile

This is a beautiful spot but there are lots of trains racing through with horns and squeaking brakes especially by the prettiest spot right down by the lake(52). We had to move to another site to feel safe. Still loud horns but better. Only 20 amp power and the showers are lukewarm but if you like to boondock a nice place and owners are friendly.

Room tip: Be sure to fill up with gas in Golden as no gas near by and no groceries
Date of stay: September 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 13, 2022

Was driving by and wanted to check the campground out because I was looking for a campsite for the following weekend. I pulled in to do a quick lap of the site and as I was going to exit I noticed a staff person had blocked the exit with the car. I sat for a couple minutes and when he came out instead of moving the vehicle he came up to my window visibly irritated asking me if I had seen the signs. I had seen some unclear signs but the realization that this man had physically blocked me from exiting the facility so that he could reprimand me made me very flustered and it difficult for me to explain what I was trying to do. After a minute or two of aggressive back and forth I finally acknowledged that this was not a campground I wanted to stay at- he responded that they didn’t want me there.

It is the middle of August on a weekend and the campground was maybe 25-30% full. You’d think they would want my business.

Date of stay: August 2022