“Outstanding!”

Cole Manor Tea Rooms
Ranked #2 of 14 Restaurants in Bruton
Good for: View
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: The Tea Rooms will be closed for the winter from Monday, 9th November and will re-open on Wednesday, 3rd February but we are ending our season on a high as the Tea Rooms have recently won the Best Tea Rooms/Coffee Shop award from Somerset Life Magazine. We look forward to seeing you in February when our wonderful display of snowdrops will be in full flower.
Reviewed 13 September 2017 via mobile

Have visited here 3 times in the past couple of years and am always astounded by the quality of the food, absolutely delicious cakes, savouries...everything is of the highest quality. The staff are always very friendly and polite, the surroundings are stunning. By far the very best tea room for many miles.

Reviewed 12 September 2017

I chanced upon this tea room when I was out walking, and it couldn't have been more welcome. I had a cream tea, which was very pleasant. The young waitress was friendly, but I thought the owner was a bit cool. I have only one quibble as far as the tea was concerned, and that is that they did not provide an extra jug of hot water with the tea as a matter of course. Not sure whether it was more expensive than other tea rooms - my two scones and pot of tea cost £6.70, which I thought was slightly dear, but acceptable for a small business in an out of the way spot.

When I arrived, I saw that there was an outside toilet (which presumably was there for the benefit of customers who want to sit at the tables outside), and thinking to go before I might have to remove my walking boots, went into it only to find there were no lights and I couldn't see a thing. It was only when I went into the tea room that I discovered there was a toilet inside as well.

1  Thank MadameMaigret
Reviewed 11 September 2017

I was very lucky to be invited to an Afternoon Tea Party for about 60 people by a very dear friend who wanted to celebrate a few milestones in her life.

The food was amazing. There was a wonderful selection of sandwiches, scones and cakes and an endless supply of tea!

But what made this day so special were the staff who served us. Such lovely, friendly people, always there with a smile and a pot of tea or a plate of something delicious to eat. They were all utterly charming.

Thank you for a wonderful afternoon and if anyone is thinking of visiting this lovely establishment, do not hesitate, you will not be disappointed.

Thank you all very much.

Reviewed 7 September 2017

Excellent food: good choice of cakes, light lunches and a range of teas, either in the old mill house, or on the patio, or in the glorious garden at tables under the willows near a little stream (very shallow). Light teas, cream teas and posh teas (the works!) are available. Plenty of free parking, group bookings are possible. Some handmade craftwork is on sale, and jam and other food to take away. All very tasteful and comfortable- definitely recommended, as it was to us by 2 different people.

Reviewed 28 August 2017

Another great visit to manor Cole tea room, which opens on Bank Holiday Mondays (though normally closed) but is a brilliant gem that I found and try to come back on a regular basis with friends - the weather was absolutely gorgeous which helped of course

Well recommended to make a booking if there is a small group which I did - there were 5 of us and the dog and therefore we had to sit outside and the weather helped - there main courses, especially the quiches are served with bread or potato salad and a well served colourful salad - reasonable prices - you order at the counter and food is bought to the tables

I was walking with friends from Castle Cary to Bruton and this is an ideal spot about 1/2 way round - we will be back - this place has failed to disappoint and has brilliant gardens and is not over crowded despite being busy

Keep up the good work and look forward to coming back