“An absolute awful experience!! ”
Review of Tara Mahal

Tara Mahal
Ranked #29 of 38 Restaurants in Ebbw Vale
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

This is an awful restaurant to eat in.... booked a family meal, walked in and it was absolutely freezing it was so cold we all kept our jackets on throughout the whole of the service, we had no lighting on and when I asked the staff if we could have the lights on he said the lights don’t work, when I looked none of lighting had bulbs in! When the food came out it was cold. we had no table service so my partner had to keep getting up out of his chair to ask for drinks, the waiter didn’t even ask us if our food was okay...? For the 4 of us the meal came to £80 that’s with no starters’and no desserts just mains and 4 alcohol drinks, one basic coffee and one j20!! Would of rathered a McDonald’s!! Complete waist of time!! Should be called “just takeaway!!”
I will say that it was an experience and probably the worse place i’ve Ever eaten in!! I was half expecting cameras to come out and say “ we’re filming for Saturday night takeaway” !!! It was like I was eating in a bedroom we literally had know lights on the only lights on was over the till area and behind up over a couple of tables!! A really strange experience!! Food was basic I was also a little worried about eating it because if they can’t afford bulbs for the lights what are they doing about the food?

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Having contacted the restaurant to advise they had forgotten our chips and that the order was already late, we were subsequently told they would be delivered in approximately 20 minutes, after the rest of our meal had already been delivered. We requested a refund of the chips. We were advised that “we’ll sort it out next time”. Due to the attitude of “the owner” I advised there will not be a next time and I would like to know how he is going to refund the missing part of my order. He said he is “very busy and doesn’t have time to deal with this”, and then put the phone down. I called again and was called a “f***ing pr**k and a f***ing wan**r, and that I need to see the doctors because there is something wrong with me. After numerous phone calls back, to be put on hold every time (recognising my phone number) I called from a different number, which was answered by a different “employee”. He aevised that the owner is not present at the moment, after asking for the owners name, I was told he doesn’t have a name and that the employee has to go now as he is very busy. I have never been so disgusted by the attitude of a business owner, a customer service advisor and I simply will not tolerate on being called a “pri**k or a wan*er”. I intend to visit the restaurant, (as we have done before, dined in and had very nice food) tomorrow... to discuss my concerns with the owner and obtain my refund, (as I’m still waiting for it, two hours after ordering our meal!

Reviewed February 16, 2018 via mobile

Had a delicious takeaway from here tonight. We had the lamb biryiani with vegetable curry, chicken rogan josh, mushroom rice and nan bread. Our food was hot and arrived within the specified time. The lamb melted in your mouth with every taste and the chicken rogan was tasty and full of flavour.
Looking forward to our next meal already.

Reviewed April 14, 2017 via mobile

Having had great takeaways and visits to the restaurant over the past 12 years, I'm not sure what has happened. Ordered a takeaway meal tonight and phoned to complain about the chicken tikka masala- which was essentially chicken in a watery sauce with LOADS of dessicated coconut. The guy I spoke to was extremely rude and aggressive. Never again. What a shame.

Reviewed March 31, 2017

The food that was delivered was disgusting, part of the order was missing and when I phoned to explain what had happened I was shocked at how aggressive the staff were towards me. It was quite an upsetting ordeal to be honest and I do not know how they are still in business. £23 pounds for a pile of slop on a plate.

1  Thank TheHackmans2014